• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juventus vs Real Madrid

RocknRola

Once again, show me a match Juve fixed. They were never done for mattch fixing,

The only priceless reactions will be when the Madrid fans start calling fix after the first goal against.

I am sure somehow the brain trust around here will bring it back on Barcelona.

As someone who follows Spanish football, it's usually the other way around.

Barça ties/loses against a random Liga team? RM IS TO BLAME! FLORENTINO PAYED THE REF! etc, etc. Hell, even "their" newspapers (they're not Barça owned, but they're very much all in for Barça) like Sport and MundoDeportivo go crazy with this stuff.

Granted from an outsider's perspective, it's damn amusing, but eh kinda weird too :p

Because suing FGC is useless right now. What will we get? The money and then FIGC would collapse which will in the end cause Calcio League to collapse?

Juventus had no good moves to do at all there as no matter what they did, the damage had been done. Our reputation had been ruined in the world wide eyes. We got 2 of our title stolen. We also loses so much financial power which we had before and now we are not even in top 5 best football team in the world anymore.

Hell, to even ask for our 2 Scudetto returned to us had been faced with tons of problem as the statute of limitation had past way too long that they can't return us our 2 titles even with all the new evidence showing up.(Which of course funnily also the same reason why Blue Merda does not get punished at all when all the evidence come out and the period had pass by.)

I don't even care about Calciopoli nowadays as i know no one give a crap about the truth but i just can't handle seeing some people spew wrong info around.

Fantastic post.

It is why everyone in Italy would rather blame Juve for winning every years, rather than look at why they fail.

Easy to accept failure when Juve are the bogeyman.

Barça ties/loses against a random Liga team? RM IS TO BLAME! FLORENTINO PAYED THE REF! etc, etc. Hell, even "their" newspapers (they're not Barça owned, but they're very much all in for Barça) like Sport and MundoDeportivo go crazy with this stuff.

Granted from an outsider's perspective, it's damn amusing, but eh kinda weird too :p

They are both as bad as each other, only difference is that Barca never tries to act like they are a small little club battling against the system.

Bersi

Just stick to playing Sonic video games, m8

You clearly know nothing about the beautiful game

All of that Real Madrid hate in here. Fucking lmao I'm loving it.

HALA MADRID!!!

Here's​ to La Duocima and back-to-back titles.

This is gonna be fucking GLORIOUS!
tenor.gif

RocknRola

Because suing FGC is useless right now. What will we get? The money and then FIGC would collapse which will in the end cause Calcio League to collapse?

Juventus had no good moves to do at all there as no matter what they did, the damage had been done. Our reputation had been ruined in the world wide eyes. We got 2 of our title stolen. We also loses so much financial power which we had before and now we are not even in top 5 best football team in the world anymore.

Hell, to even ask for our 2 Scudetto returned to us had been faced with tons of problem as the statute of limitation had past way too long that they can't return us our 2 titles even with all the new evidence showing up.(Which of course funnily also the same reason why Blue Merda does not get punished at all when all the evidence come out and the period had pass by.)

I don't even care about Calciopoli nowadays as i know no one give a crap about the truth but i just can't handle seeing some people spew wrong info around.

Fine, don't ask for the money (Juve doesn't really need it anyway) nor the Scudettos (if they really can't be regained). Ask for what Juve DOES need, an admition of guilt (that it was indeed a mistake) by the FIGC and a public apology.

That alone, from my perspective, does more to restore Juve's reputation and honor in the eyes of the World than any money or "extra" Scudettos ever could.

RocknRola

They are both as bad as each other, only difference is that Barca never tries to act like they are a small little club battling against the system.

I...wut? That's exactly what they do lol

Every damn time! :p As if they're some Real Zaragoza (no offense to any fans here) being robbed out of any chance to win anything by RM/Florentino/Madrid in general.

I...wut? That's exactly what they do lol

Every damn time! :p As if they're some Real Zaragoza (no offense to any fans here) being robbed out of any chance to win anything by RM/Florentino/Madrid in general.

You might be right, but maybe it is just that RM has more recent experience of playing that card every single time.

Going into everygame and RM are already playing the small little pony card.

If you are gonna claim to be the biggest and best team in the world then player the part.

casiopao

MR NO GOOD.^^ Hope he will show us all his Grinta today.^^

Lol. If you think thats worst, u should see Juventus in the eyes of Italian football lol.

We are called as bribing Refs again without proves every year lol.(Especially this year.) Even when the one who got the most penalties is Lazio(14), Roma(13), AC Milan(10) While Juventus (3)?

I am actually also really happy deep in my heart with how petty other Serie A teams there as it would makes them harder to grow into a better team which will lengthen our Scudetto streaks.

I would even love to see if they can handle 10 year without a single Scudetto after that farce lol.

Fine, don't ask for the money (Juve doesn't really need it anyway) nor the Scudettos (if they really can't be regained). Ask for what Juve DOES need, an admition of guilt (that it was indeed a mistake) by the FIGC and a public apology.

That alone, from my perspective, does more to restore Juve's reputation and honor in the eyes of the World than any money or "extra" Scudettos ever could.

Thats even harder lol. I mean, from the article i give u there. FIGC head literally said that FIGC also had their pride so they won't back down on this case......which they themselves already know with all the evidence out now that Juventus is not wrong lol.

Right now, i only hoped that Juventus will did much better for the future to show that even when they drop us to Serie B, we come back even more powerful than all those who take the most benefit from our fall of grace moment.

Juve was judged guilty for that, and thrown in second leaugue.

Juve was also condemned for doping in 1998, committed fraud but italian laws saved juve (too many years had lassed, so.called "prescrizione")

Once again, Juve never fixed any matches. You can misquote it all you like.

RocknRola

MR NO GOOD.^^ Hope he will show us all his Grinta today.^^

Lol. If you think thats worst, u should see Juventus in the eyes of Italian football lol.

We are called as bribing Refs again without proves every year lol.(Especially this year.) Even when the one who got the most penalties is Lazio(14), Roma(13), AC Milan(10) While Juventus (3)?

I am actually also really happy deep in my heart with how petty other Serie A teams there as it would makes them harder to grow into a better team which will lengthen our Scudetto streaks.

I would even love to see if they can handle 10 year without a single Scudetto after that farce lol.

Thats even harder lol. I mean, from the article i give u there. FIGC head literally said that FIGC also had their pride so they won't back down on this case......which they themselves already know with all the evidence out now that Juventus is not wrong lol.

Right now, i only hoped that Juventus will did much better for the future to show that even when they drop us to Serie B, we come back even more powerful than all those who take the most benefit from our fall of grace moment.

I mean assuming Juve keeps their core team and the others don't invest like crazy...yeah a 10 year run (now that 6 years are done and dusted) doesn't seem impossible at all! Crazy hard, yes, but not impossible assuming nothing really changes.

As for the second part, yes it's harder, but like I said that's what Juve needs more than anything. The money and the two Scudettos are, right now, "peanuts" for Juve nothing more. Forcing FIGC to conced and admit their mistakes would be more than worth it for Juve.

RocknRola

You should actually read the damn thing, or are you unable to do that ?

Oh I've read it back then, when it came to light. It's still a "X person claims something about Y person". No part of that article confirms any of that happened, at all.

Pennywise

Oh I've read it back then, when it came to light. It's still a "X person claims something about Y person". No part of that article confirms any of that happened, at all.

Paying an out of court settlement is pretty close to a conformation.
Combine that with ongoing stuff like Ronaldo hiring an detective to observe her (different article).
If he didn't actually rape her, he would have gone to court and explain the medical examination which clearly points towards the allegations.

Just like his tax fraud that his managment also denied, and yet it's confirmed that there are 15m € missing.

Act as naive as you want, but those are facts and not some made up shit story.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Although I'm rooting for CR7 and Real, I wouldn't be too heart broken this year if Buffon wins.

T-Rex.

Banned
Want Juve to win just cos the same team winning it over and over again is boring af. Unless it's Liverpool of course.

RocknRola

Paying an out of court settlement is pretty close to a conformation.
Combine that with ongoing stuff like Ronaldo hiring an detective to observe her (different article).
If he didn't actually rape her, he would have gone to court and explain the medical examination which clearly points towards the allegations.

Just like his tax fraud that his managment also denied, and yet it's confirmed that there are 15m € missing.

Act as naive as you want, but those are facts and not some made up shit story.

Your "facts" seem to be merely conjecture based on incomplete information obtained from the now famous Football Leaks. And while some stuff there was dead on precise, some other really wasn't.

Do we know WHY he paid "her"? Do we KNOW what happened? Are we CERTAIN about any of this?

The answer is a resounding NO.

Let us not forget that story about the UVA "rape", which turned out be literally nothing at all. The fact that Spiegel didn't post any concrete piece of evidence that confirms the situation is more than enough to doubt the veracity of their "story". It's all bits of this and that that have to be constructed in a particular narrative form. If they had anything more than conjecture they'd share it in a heartbeat, no doubts about it.

---

As for the tax fraud, we'll see. As far as I know the respective Spanish authorities are already looking into his finances as we speak, so at some point (days, weeks, months, years) we should have an answer about that. And trust me, with him being Portuguese, they'll show zero pity if he indeed screwed up.

Lkr

Rm, the greats team st cinderllla story in the history of football.

edit; greatest Cinderella story, fuck this macbook autopredicte lol
Look on the bright side, both will be relegated now that La Liga teams can't give goodie bags to refs starting next season. How can either club expect to win without the refs in their pocket?!?

tim.mbp

Too bad both teams can't lose. Hope Ramos gets a red, Higuaín misses a sitter, and the game is the most boring final ever.

Kiraly

Juventus 1 - 4 Madrid

C. Ronaldo 9' 0-1
C. Ronaldo 17' 0-2
C. Ronaldo 44' 0-3
K. Navas (PK) 87' 0-4
S. Khedira 90+1' 1-4

Tubie

Guys how long will Casemiro and Ramos go without a yellow?

I'd say 20mins max for Casemiro, but Ramos will find a way to be his good old self without getting booked for at least 60 mins.

His art is deceiving refs while being even worse than Pepe ever was lol.

I still love them both tho!

I hope they both don't get booked at all :(

kyo2004

Go Juve, time for Gigi to claim La Orejona, Madrid doesn't deserve the title this year (additionally​, I despise Zidane as DT for his poor tactics and for benching James, he doesn't deserve that trate)...

Top Bottom