• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 4 - At Least You're Not The Browns

boxter432

We don't know if it's a mistake or not though. It's week 4. As the Fat One said, plenty of teams have had hot starts just to shit the bed later. Also, people weren't saying it was a bad deal because of the Vikings, they said it was a bad deal because Sam Bradford is a mediocre quarterback at absolute best and history often says to us that mediocre quarterbacks don't win Super Bowls.

The exception of course is when said mediocre quarterback is sitting on top of a monster defense, but let's be honest, did even Vikings fans have any idea the D would be this dominant?
Maybe not completely shut down three good QBs/destroy cam newton's soul dominant, but yes, they were a top 5 def last year and lost nobody.

Striker

Vernon did okay but otherwise I thought that was the big story. I figured Giants DL would control the game and they got pushed around. Both offense and defense I thought the Giants seemed listless
I think OV and Snacks have been worth it. I am stunned Hankins, who had 7 sacks in 2014, cannot muster any kind of push inside despite playing with superior bodies. JPP has been hot and cold and often getting 1v1 duty against RT's. Easily the most disappointing thing about this squad so far.

Slo

Xavier Rhodes rocking the Calrton Banks jersey after the game.

Ct5S4DsVMAErPGK.jpg

gutshot

Sorry Squick, still not impressed, especially since I finally got to witness just how monster the Vikings D is.

To be fair, it's the same reason i'm not terribly impressed with Wentz - simplified west coast, tons of screens and swing passes with the odd throw down the seam. Difference is Wentz is a rookie and Bradford's been in the league 6 seasons. Giants are trash, Bradford should have hung 40 on them, especially since the D erased the Giants offense.

Serious question: are you Scott Kascmar from Football Outsiders?

I must say, aside from that one screen pass that the Vikings coverage blew the Giants offense looked lost out there. You could tell Eli was panicky on several of this throws, and the secondary is way, way more aggressive than years past. Its been a long time since I have seen a Vikings D that was willing to risk eating a PI call to break up a pass. Zimmer has managed to pull that defense out of the dirt and create a well oiled machine.

The Vikings offense is looking better as well, but I am not sure if that is because of bad defenses or if the team is really coming together as a unit. Bradford is putting up good numbers, the receivers are breaking away and getting open, its just the running game that isn't impressive. But I guess we will see the next few games, Texans and Philly are gonna be some tough nuts to crack.

this_guy

Vikings are playing the Texans next in a non prime time game so it should be a good test for both teams. You wouldn't want Vikings/Texans in prime time.
By 'you' I mean Texans fans

bionic77

14550080_1146370015450536_3532132059998846976_n.jpg

Tiger is back
I don't live in a typical GAF community where everywhere you look you see supermodels that put actresses and regular models to shame, but for me at least that girl is attractive.

I wonder if that is his new thing or if she is just getting that epic Instagram photo.

As a fan of the 2015 version of the Minnesota Vikings, a word of caution: Win your Super Bowl now.

Because as good as the times may seem now, your window can still close shut faster than Michael Oher getting beat by a defensive end.

Be wary friends

Looks cod4 remaster is about to be out. I'm not sure what steps I need to take to secure it....but I believe I will acquire it. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I want to play it

I don't live in a typical GAF community where everywhere you look you see supermodels that put actresses and regular models to shame, but for me at least that girl is attractive.

I wonder if that is his new thing or if she is just getting that epic Instagram photo.

Tiger is a legendary stick man. He never stopped getting amazing women.

Hindl

No matter what happens this season the Vikings and Eagles will be friends for ever.

Promise you won't let our game tear us apart!

I always had a soft spot for the Vikings. Glad this trade is working out for everyone so far, and I can't wait till that game. Probably the game I'm looking forward to most this season. As long as both teams leave in one piece, we're good

Zeke

La'el Collins done for the year with a torn ligament in his toe. I am so glad we held on to Leary. I'm sorry I even entertained the idea of trading him away.
No matter what happens this season the Vikings and Eagles will be friends for ever.

Promise you won't let our game tear us apart!
Yea, I'm gonna need the vikes to crub stomp the eagles kthx.

105.5 rating after four games but he is shit tier. mmmm.

Chances are he will come down a bit but if he finishes the year mid 90's or higher I will have a few more of his babies.

105.5 rating after four games but he is shit tier. mmmm.

Chances are he will come down a bit but if he finishes the year mid 90's or higher I will have a few more of his babies.

Oh he will have some bad games. That's a given.

All things considered I'm really impressed by what he's done on a short timeline.

Cody Kessler actually hasn't looked bad. Judging by preseason I thought he could be a mess.

But he's proven the game isn't two big for him in his first two starts, he belongs. I'm not scared when he has to throw. He's made some nice throws, and like everyone's said he is pretty accurate. He hasn't thrown ints besides 1, but it was just a really good play by Norman.

Kessler leads the NFL in 3rd completion percentageThe thing we haven't seen is him throwing down field much, which hopefully he can display more. The knock on him was arm strength. Maybe he's just a alex smith like character 🤔...

It sucks that Coleman is out and the whole Gordon situation. Would have been nice to see Kessler with those guys. Kessler seems like a guy that if you surround him with a ton of talent he could be alright.

Idk we'll see what plays out the next few weeks. He's been more then competent, and hasn't looked like a lost rookie....but maybe the arm strength thing will be downfall in the end.

The Kessler draft pick doesn't seem to be a bad one though

Edit: not saying he's the solution or Browns won't or shouldn't draft a qb. Just saying Kessler hasn't been bad

BigAT

Crazy that a one-year trade rental whose greatest accomplishment for the franchise was going 7-9 and getting his coach fired would be such a popular player with fans that they would inexplicably root for him even after he was traded away.

I guess after having two consecutive black starting quarterbacks leading the team for the last 14 years, of course the Philly fan base would be quick to latch onto a quarterback that better fit their "preferences". Even if he had no history with the franchise and had never done anything of note for the team.

Hindl

Crazy that a one-year trade rental whose greatest accomplishment for the franchise was going 7-9 and getting his coach fired would be such a popular player with fans that they would inexplicably root for him even after he was traded away.

I guess after having two consecutive black starting quarterbacks leading the team for the last 14 years, of course the Philly fan base would be quick to latch onto a quarterback that better fit their "preferences". Even if he had no history with the franchise and had never done anything of note for the team.

Crazy that a Giants fan would talk about another team's preferred skin tone for their QB considering they are the only team in NFL history to never start a black QB

JABEE

I was never this person. I'm sure my fellow Eagles fans have the best intentions. McNabb and Randall were awesome. Mike Vick had a good year, but he came with a lot of baggage.

Giants fans wouldn't know considering their team has never had a black head coach or starting QB. It's 2016.

Top Bottom