• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpeshal Nick: A Nintendo Direct is scheduled for next week

Astral Dog

OIG3.z2ntEHH._weLc3W3WZ5N

OIG3.93VkvVoFVlO8AD3hNU0X

OIG4.Ou8CoagRfbtrOTZ66Q7_

Last edited:

Zannegan

Wait, he's inviting Super Metal Dave 64 on? Unless I'm misremembering, this is the guy who 100% died on that "my sources say NX is a traditional console, not a hybrid" hill. How does a streamer's repitation even recover from something like that?

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I don't believe this but it is becoming time to reveal the Switch 2 along with a release date. Hopefully when the next direct hits, we will finally see it announced/revealed with specs, etc.

Quasicat

Here’s the list of rumors from last week’s thread:
  • Fire Emblem 4 remake releasing in May
  • Donkey Kong Country is getting a new game for its 30th anniversary
  • Metroid Prime 2 Remastered
  • Grezzo Remake of the Zelda Oracle Games
  • That Good Feel game is getting localized
  • Famicom Detective Club returns as Nintendo Detective Club. Five high school girls must solve vicious crimes that they are personally involved with.

I’m hoping that a lot of these are real…especially the Oracle games.

A rumor of a rumor from a Youtube rumorer videomaker. LOL

Next week is the obvious educated/ easy guess, but there's no reputable leaker claiming it this time.

Last edited:
Nintendo Switch DX lets go.
Whatever it's named, it'll be very obvious from the name that it's a successor and not just an upgraded model. So if the Switch name is used in it, it'll be tricky to not be in another Wii U situation.

Last edited:

born free

Neo Member
The Nintendo direct will be this Wednesday 2/7. It will be announced most likely tomorrow if not end of today.

It’s not rocket science. Look at the directs historically over the recent years. Usually lands the Wed preceding the Super Bowl.

Fake

Whatever it's named, it'll be very obvious from the name that it's a successor and not just an upgrade.

We are kinda walking into a PRO version at this point. Most of the sources (ignoring the Nintendo fanboys talking about 4K/RT) are saying near to base PS4, maybe DLSS supported for higher resolution.

I can't see a next gen Switch just yet. We also not have any particular source telling anything about BC, so is kinda talking about a PRO verison/model. Nintendo already did this with Nintendo 3D. I can only see a sucessor if the specs justify the bump, but the leaks are not telling that, besides a revision of the TEGRA chipset. I guess Rich from DF say something his source is telling is TEGRA A1.

Nintendo 3D XL is not a sucessor of the Nintendo 3D, but there are some games that can only run on Nintendo 3D XL.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Cool, I’ll check it out just for the possibility of a Metroid Prime 2 Remake announcement.

I don’t really expect anything else exciting at all from a pre-“Switch 2” Direct though.

We are kinda walking into a PRO version at this point. Most of the sources (ignoring the Nintendo fanboys talking about 4K/RT) are saying near to base PS4, maybe DLSS supported for higher resolution.

I can't see a next gen Switch just yet. We also not have any particular source telling anything about BC, so is kinda talking about a PRO verison/model. Nintendo already did this with Nintendo 3D. I can only see a sucessor if the specs justify the bump, but the leaks are not telling that, besides a revision of the TEGRA chipset. I guess Rich from DF say something his source is telling is TEGRA A1.

Nintendo 3D XL is not a sucessor of the Nintendo 3D, but there are some games that can only run on Nintendo 3D XL.
It's been 7 years, it'll be a successor that just folds Switch funcationality into it. Switch itself is just 35 years of Nintendo platforms rolled into one. The rumors in 2021 were that Nintendo had planned a Pro revision, but that it was canceled and instead they just did the OLED version with cosmetic upgrades, but no spec increase. So we're well past the point of a Pro revision.

The 3DS revision you are talking about was the New 3DS, not the XL. And that was a very minor spec upgrade, and it sold well but New 3DS-specific software did not, and I do not see Nintendo doing that again, especially 7 years into the Switch cycle, which has never seen a spec upgrade.

Last edited:

Fake

It's been 7 years, it'll be a successor that just folds Switch funcationality into it. Switch itself is just 35 years of Nintendo platforms rolled into one. The rumors in 2021 were that Nintendo had planned a Pro revision, but that it was canceled and instead they just did the OLED version with cosmetic upgrades, but no spec increase. So we're well past the point of a Pro revision.

The 3DS revision you are talking about was the New 3DS, not the XL. And that was a very minor spec upgrade, and it sold well but New 3DS-specific software did not, and I do not see Nintendo doing that again, especially 7 years into the Switch cycle, which has never seen a spec upgrade.

Lets be honest, Nintendo don't much care about that.

Nintendo Switch came is a very outdate hardware from Nvidia Shield. Beimg 7 years old means nothing to Nintendo.

The only thing that kinda tell a story is the sales. As much the software is top high, the hardware is getting slow.

They can create a PRO that not affect the actual sales of the current Nintendo Switch. Remember, Nintendo don't want to mess their current Nintendo Switch sales.

Robb

Gold Member
Nintendo Switch came is a very outdate hardware from Nvidia Shield. Beimg 7 years old means nothing to Nintendo.
They definitely care. If only because of 3rd party partners. They have 100% discussed the specs for the next one with 3rd party partners to ensure they can get more and/or continued 3rd party support. I wouldn’t be surprised to see stuff like Monster Hunter Wilds announced for it in the future. Obviously with worse performance, but still running on the platform.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
The Nintendo direct will be this Wednesday 2/7. It will be announced most likely tomorrow if not end of today.

It’s not rocket science. Look at the directs historically over the recent years. Usually lands the Wed preceding the Super Bowl.
Well they definitely wouldn’t announce it Wednesday if it’s Wednesday 😂

Woopah

Lets be honest, Nintendo don't much care about that.

The only thing that kinda tell a story is the sales. As much the software is top high, the hardware is getting slow.

They can create a PRO that not affect the actual sales of the current Nintendo Switch. Remember, Nintendo don't want to mess their current Nintendo Switch sales.
The current Switch sales are falling and will continue to do so. They need a successor to make hardware sales grow.

So they'll release a new system that is a significant jump in power from the Switch and offers some sort of new functionality that Switch doesn't have.

Then they'll make sure the new console has first and third party games that the Switch doesn't have, to convince people to upgrade (I do expect some titles to be cross gen though).

Mexen

A brand new accessory.

You read it here first, folks.

Like and Subscribe and be sure to hit notifications so you don’t miss a post!

Fake

The current Switch sales are falling and will continue to do so. They need a successor to make hardware sales grow.

So they'll release a new system that is a significant jump in power from the Switch and offers some sort of new functionality that Switch doesn't have.

Then they'll make sure the new console has first and third party games that the Switch doesn't have, to convince people to upgrade (I do expect some titles to be cross gen though).

They don't necessarily need a sucessor. A PRO can pretty much do this job.

Past Nintendo moves suggest that BTW. 3DS was only an example. Again, the leaks have some inconsistences in this regards. If end up being a sucessor, good for everyone, but I don't quite see a sucessor at this point. Just my take.

They definitely care. If only because of 3rd party partners. They have 100% discussed the specs for the next one with 3rd party partners to ensure they can get more and/or continued 3rd party support. I wouldn’t be surprised to see stuff like Monster Hunter Wilds announced for it in the future. Obviously with worse performance, but still running on the platform.

They don't. Nintendo Switch came at 2017 with a hardware from 2010 LOL. They don't need to follow either the competition or the modern graphics.

PRO can update some aspects with Nintendo proprietary hardware/software solutions. IMO Nvidia probably are pressing Nintendo to make PR about DLSS, because even being a Nvidia console, Nintendo Switch games are using AMD software solution aka FSR and Nvidia sure is not happy with that.

Top Bottom