• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Nintendo Direct planned for next week

Draugoth

Gold Member
H2x1_NintendoDirect_GenericLogo-1280x640.jpg

A new Nintendo Direct showcase could be held next week, it’s been claimed.

A new Nintendo Direct showcase could be held next week, it’s been claimed.

Asked about speculation that a Nintendo Direct presentation could take place this month, Giant Bomb reporter Jeff Grubb said he’d heard that a showcase is planned for the week beginning on February 6.

“Everything I’m hearing—and it’s all just sort of reiterating it—it continues to be the week of February 6,” he said. “Over and over and over again, every little detail I get is, basically, a week from now we should begin hearing about all this stuff.”

Kataploom

Gold Member
YouTubers are since December crazy for an upcoming direct lmao, everything they talk about is the allegedly direct coming any at any time since last month, I'm about to unsubscribe to some since they all feel into rumormongering, Jesus, it's this time of the year again

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sounds extremely likely. Fire Emblem just dropped. Nothing going on until Zelda. Probably about time to announce a collector's edition and start taking pre-orders.

Gorgyles

Banned
While I would love to see Tears or Metroid...

We can't listen to bald Grubb.
How the man has a job or a following after his list of embarrassments is shocking to me.

HEY GUYS I SUPER DUPER PROMISE METROID THIS WEEK!

Quasicat

I know Nintendo doesn’t want it to get in the way of The Tears of the Kingdom, but I really want Wind Waker HD and maybe a Rhythm Heaven game.

I’m kind of losing hope about the Panzer Dragoon II Zwei remake from Forever Entertainment with all of the other projects they’re now running.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Seeing something Zelda or Metroid related would be cool, it's been way too long since I played anything Nintendo-related, and I used to love their games.

Also how about a Silksong shadowdrop? 🐛

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
That's kinda obvious. We'll get a direct, the question is what we'll see in it.

I'm hoping and praying and waiting for Metroid Prime, I don't care which one.

I don't need to see any more of TotK.

Also want them to drop Advance Wars.

Plus, they brought back the vouchers to NA.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Plus, they brought back the vouchers to NA.
If they do have a Metroid nearing completion that would actually be smart. Metroid never sells well and people can buy that and Zelda at a discount. Who knows. They usually start these sales nearing the end of their system lifespan as well.

The more I think about it, seems like it’s becoming more and more likely either this Direct will be a Mini, or a Partner Showcase.

They keep drip-feeding first-party announcements out via YouTube trailers. Goldeneye would’ve made an ideal shadow drop after the show, final overview of Kirby would be one of the first-party spotlights given its next on the calendar. The MH title update trailer dropped yesterday. With Bayonetta Origins already being announced and coming in March, it just feels more and more to me like outside of Zelda, Nintendo might not have enough first-party stuff to put on a full Direct right now. And regardless of whether there ends up being a full February Direct or not, I would imagine TotK info is being held to coincide with a media/ press event in March or somewhere around then.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The more I think about it, seems like it’s becoming more and more likely either this Direct will be a Mini, or a Partner Showcase.

They keep drip-feeding first-party announcements out via YouTube trailers. Goldeneye would’ve made an ideal shadow drop after the show, final overview of Kirby would be one of the first-party spotlights given its next on the calendar. The MH title update trailer dropped yesterday. With Bayonetta Origins already being announced and coming in March, it just feels more and more to me like outside of Zelda, Nintendo might not have enough first-party stuff to put on a full Direct right now. And regardless of whether there ends up being a full February Direct or not, I would imagine TotK info is being held to coincide with a media/ press event in March or somewhere around then.
Yeah, totally forgot about Kirby. It has some new epilogue they will no doubt show off.

Yeah, totally forgot about Kirby. It has some new epilogue they will no doubt show off.
They just dropped a new trailer for it this morning with new announcements in it. To me that sort of signals it’s either a Partner Showcase or a Mini.

Because if Advance Wars is put back on the schedule, that and Bayo Origins would fit in nicely with a Mini Partner Showcase. Once Kirby is out, outside of Zelda I’m getting the feeling they aren’t planning much else between now and end of summer.

Last edited:
Miyamoto will show a new Zelda gameplay followed by the news it's been delayed again. My gut feeling says this, but i hope i'm wrong.
Miyamoto isn’t involved with Zelda much at all anymore. And they’d never announce a delay of that magnitude in a Direct. It would’ve been a YouTube video uploaded with no fanfare a few weeks ahead of a Direct. You always get the bad news out of the way beforehand, or it’s all anyone will talk about after a Direct airs.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

As always there is a Nintendo Direct mid february 👍 we need more info on Bayo Origins, Zelda, and whatever they are planning later this year(🤞for a new 2D Mario Bros game to launch after the movie)

Yeah they are. The Zelda one was. They show a new trailer, make it look amazing and say please hold on. It's coming later.
That's... not true. it was a YouTube upload of Aonuma announcing the delay. Weeks before the Direct. Same with Takahashi announcing the Metroid Prime 4 delay. You never announce a major delay like that in a Direct, you get the bad news out ahead of it, otherwise the Direct would be completely overshadowed by news of the delay.

As always there is a Nintendo Direct mid february 👍 we need more info on Bayo Origins, Zelda, and whatever they are planning later this year(🤞for a new 2D Mario Bros game to launch after the movie)
Yeah. A new Mario product of some degree timed around the movie is the only reason there's a chance of a full-on first-party general Direct. But all these YouTube drops of Kirby news, Goldeneye, MH Title update makes me think there isn't a major Direct, otherwise things would've been held. It seems like they might be gearing up for a Mini Partner Showcase.

Last edited:

HYDE

Banned
I am guessing a delay for TotK (Fall 2023). Then for an apology Wind Waker HD & Twilight Princess HD July or August.

A development update on MP4 for a 2024 TBD date and a MP Trilogy release date.

Silksong June release, to coincide with Hollow Knight Nintendo Switch’s 5 year anniversary.

Odyssey 2 for April suprise announcement…to capitalize with their Super Mario movie in theaters. Either that or a Super Mario 3D All-Stars 2 with SM Galaxy 2 & SM 3D Land.

Hades II release date and new trailer.

Source, Hyde’s Nintendo fan ass.

* Splatoon 1 port to Switch please!

Last edited:
Top Bottom