• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb — 'Nintendo Direct is almost certainly happening again in February | State of Play is coming, I'd expect it in the next few weeks'

Transcript available below:
This [Developer_Direct] is the first one of these events we're getting from these companies in 2024. It is the one I heard that was coming up the fastest but you can always count on a Nintendo Direct in February. It is almost certainly going to happen in February, again. That leaves the question about a State of Play. There is a State of Play coming. There's a State of Play coming. When exactly? Not sure, but I'd expect it in the text few weeks. State of Plays are always weird man. You always get the sense that these are just contractual obligations. They (Playstation) just told a company that they'd give them free marketing so they fill a need and have to do it. So, they could be disappointing.

State of Play this month in partnership with Xbox

7JvYK1q.png

Hugare

State of Plays are always weird man. You always get the sense that these are just contractual obligations. They (Playstation) just told a company that they'd give them free marketing so they fill a need and have to do it. So, they could be disappointing.

I'm with Grubb on this one

If you have a PS it's better to watch Nintendo Direct for the indies announcements and Xbox Direct since they are now 3rd party (/jk)

yurinka

Obviously there will be Nintendo Directs and State of Plays, Nintendo and Sony won't stop making them and the previous ones were made long ago.

If there is one, I conservatively expect to see deep dives for:
Granblue Fantasy: Relink
Helldivers 2
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Maybe Stellar Blade
Couple of indies
Make sure they'll put there TLOUP2 remastered and the HFW PC port.

Regarding Stellar Blade, I think it will be released in Summer or Fall, and in this case they'll wait some time to show it again, and meanwhile they'll focus on marketing games to be released sooner.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Switch 2
+
Zelda A Link to the Past Remake
+
New Animal Crossing
+
Some Pokemon game

Last edited:
I have a feeling they are going to announce the Switch 2 (or what ever they decide to call it) before the end March, that is when the Nintendo Museum is supposed to be finished and I am sure there is going to be a spot for their latest and greatest console at the museum.

Top Bottom