• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP!)

Timu

amarec20170303-233516ltbtz.png

amarec20170303-233517z1xer.png

Mory Dunz

hm, Zelda looks good enough for what it is. Too bad about the performance though
edit: is the DOF blur in game? Or only in screenshots

oh, we're doing horizon v zelda #2467 here too? cool...

Timu

hm, Zelda looks good enough for what it is. Too bad about the performance though
edit: is the DOF blur in game? Or only in screenshots

oh, we're doing horizon v zelda #2467 here too? cool...
Yes, the DOF happens in game as well as screenshots.

Yeah the Wii U version has some framerate drops here and there but still smooth often.

Mory Dunz

Yes, the DOF happens in game as well as screenshots.

Yeah the Wii U version has some framerate drops here and there but still smooth often.

oh wait, that's the wii U version oops. I assumed switch. In that cause it looks better than I thought. Hopefully down the years we'll see a higher ceiling for the switch.
MK8D will be definitely be a start

Ryoku

It sucks that you can only take compressed JPEGs on the Switch at the moment. I'm hoping for PNG output. Also can't wait for the video recording. The game looks stunning in motion on that crisp display.

Timu

oh wait, that's the wii U version oops. I assumed switch. In that cause it looks better than I thought. Hopefully down the years we'll see a higher ceiling for the switch.
MK8D will be definitely be a start
Yeah, this is not so bad for the Wii U.

It sucks that you can only take compressed JPEGs on the Switch at the moment. I'm hoping for PNG output. Also can't wait for the video recording. The game looks stunning in motion on that crisp display.
Thank god I have a capture card so I only do PNGs!

Teepo671

Good to see the Wii U version of BotW looks great too seeing as how I probably won't be able to pick up a Switch for a while.

33165509236_dc0acc5855_o.png

33165413486_9864750aba_o.png

classic case of art >> polygons

Zelda has very nice art and looks great for the system...But Horizon is an immesurably greater visual achievement. For instance, at the landscape scale, the environments in Zelda look pretty nice, definitely a good sense of scale and some topography. It doesn't hold the game back, despite the hardware. However, Horizon has an attention to detail and artistry in its environments which scales up from the smallest scale right up to the landscape scale. Zelda is a more acclaimed game for sure, but not visually. Horizon is far more impressive in that area. Whether you prefer the art style is a different matter. While I really like the art style Zelda has, I have to appreciate that they have taken far more risk artistically with Horizon, and in my opinion pulled it off.

Wish the Switch photos were high-quality PNGs instead of compressed JPEGs, but hopefully they will update that soon.

In the meantime...

17017221_10211161727053019_7097240965169026854_o.jpg

16991883_10211155219490334_4941331377855615975_o.jpg

Top Bottom