• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP!)

horizonzerodawn_20170c3si6.jpg

horizonzerodawn_20170efsvl.jpg

Caayn

How much landscape variation is there in BOTW?
I know that there are deserts and I've visited grassland, ruins, villages and ice mountains. The world is pretty large, I've spent most of time in the middle of the map which seems to be mostly grasslands with mountains.

I would expect water areas and lava(volcanoes) as well.

i wonder how many polygons is Aloy. The Polycount of Delsin in Infamous: Second Son was 120k polys which is tremendous for an open world game (you can see his individual teeth in close ups), The Order 1886 Galahad around 200K polys, Quantic Dream Dark Sorcerer was around 1 million polys.
The Thunderjaw is 550K polys which is unbelievable for open world (more than CGI Final Fantasy Aki Ross which was 500K at that time) and you get many thunderjaws tallnecks,watchers, animals trees etc ine one scene.
I bet Aloy has a huge polycount too.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Ratchet and Clank on the PS4 Pro, and Horizon on the Pro are probably the closest I've seen to playing a game that looks like a well budgeted CGI movie. Oh, and The Order 1886. I wish that game got more love and warranted a Pro patch. I loved it.

I should fire up Ratchet again on the Pro and take some screens. It's stupidly good looking.

twwhdetuu7.png

This is a test of a 1080p direct grab from my Elgato HD60 via a full-quality recording. Came out really nicely I think! :) Though I wonder if I should make any adjustments to the picture settings of the Elgato.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Windwaker has such a gorgeous art style. I loved that game. One of the reasons I miss owning a Gamecube, and was tempted to get a Wii U. That and Smash Bros.

I'd love to see more screens of it!

Top Bottom