• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

RocknRola

The Russia GK has saved the 2-0 at least twice now. Keeping them in the game. I think we're gonna regret not making it 2-0 as time goes by....

Jabo

I can't stop laughing cuz everytime Zhirkov has the ball the FS1 (Fox Sports?) commentator pronounces his name as "JERKOFF" instead hahahaha

RocknRola

lolPepe.

Though arguably that *could* have also been a red. Dude did indeed kick him.

------

In any case, Russia is finally showing up. We're gonna regret not having made it 2-0 already. Hopefully we can last these final 15 minutes, but we're gonna have a hard time for sure.

RocknRola

Gelson could be our greatest weapon this game. Super fast (counters) with a reasonable skill to decided plays on his own. Let's see how that works out for us.

His effectiveness could be cut short by Russia scoring a goal in the next minutes though.

kiguel182

And he acted like if it was chopped off.

He was asking for the red.

I don't see how he is the trash player and not the one who gave him a full kick in the leg when the ball wasn't in play.

You act like reacting to a kick like that is terrible. It didn't look easy.

RocknRola

Somewhat related to the game:

19399779_1684023771907302_2555828379564718708_n.jpg

Nice gesture.

-----------------

Andre Gomes is, quite possibly, the worst player I've seen play so many times for our national team. Pure trash.

Also, this. So much this. How he keeps getting play time @ Barça and here is well beyond me.

kiguel182

My heart can't take this

EDIT: It's over. We should've made de 2-0 but their GK was on point, can't fault the team. Russia reacted well in the second part and we were in trouble for sure not being able to keep the ball. Good game.

RocknRola

If Russia were any better they would've won. Lol.

Arguably if Russia's keeper was any worse they'd easily be 3 down at the 60th minute mark :p Dude kept them alive and allowed them to push back. Though it feels like after the 80th minute they kinda lost some steam.

kiguel182

Russia was dominated for 60+ minutes in the game. This was our game all the way but they dominated the last 20 minutes or so since their team was pushing as hard as they could.

We should've done the 2-0 and had tons of chances for it but their GK did great.

EDIT: Altought our team was not ready for their push just like their weren't with Mexico. It's a bad defense.

v1lla21

Arguably if Russia's keeper was any worse they'd easily be 3 down at the 60th minute mark :p Dude kept them alive and allowed them to push back. Though it feels like after the 80th minute they kinda lost some steam.
Also true lol. It was a very fun match all around though.

There goes Osorio changing almost the whole line-up in the next match. I know it is New Zealand but still...this team never feels like there is much consistency IMO.

Top Bottom