• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan set for September 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

brutaka3

Neo Member
New Playstation handheld incoming.

And it gives me mixed feelings because Sony really should be focusing on PSVR and justifying it.

If I remember well, the only person talking about a new handheld is SMD and he isn't reliable. Or did I miss something?

RSchmitz

Kiwami 2 and HNK gameplay.
DJqWasuWsAA1ZgU.jpg:large

sotojuan

So FFIX for PS4 confirmed? I somehow cannot stand how slow the game is on PSOne and don't have a Windows PC. Please be true!

Dynomutt

New Playstation handheld incoming.

And it gives me mixed feelings because Sony really should be focusing on PSVR and justifying it.

Please no.

This would destroy Playstation as a brand. One it would not sell well enough to foster returns. Two Vita was and should be Sony's last attempt. They need to focus on their bread and butter. PS4 and by extension PSVR. I'll add a few upgrades to PSN, Orbis OS, and bringing in BC compatibility would not hurt.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Final Fantasy IX has the best story in an FF this side of VII, and arguably a better one, so this is good.

And the protagonist Zidane is the opposite of angsty, was refreshing after VIII.

Trogdor1123

I did see this thread till now. What did I miss and what are we hoping for? We're not really expecting demon souls remaster are we?

grimmiq

Is easy allies gonna stream this on twitch?

Yes, but they're only going to do it with half the group, likely the "West" group from the betting special, Ian said having all of them would require a lot more work with the headset/microphone situation.

Memento

Now that I am thinking about it Demons Souls Remastered would probably be done by BluePoint and currently they are working on Shadow of the Colossus so maybe after it launches in Q1 2018... E3 2018 announcement maybe!

duckroll

Now that I am thinking about it Demons Souls Remastered would probably be done by BluePoint and currently they are working on Shadow of the Colossus so maybe after it launches in Q1 2018... E3 2018 announcement maybe!

Has BluePoint ever worked on a remaster with extensive networking and multiplayer functions?

ckfy63a

In for PlayStation Shift, the home console you can take on the go™, with Ape Escape 4 as launch title.
Believe.

duckroll

I dont think so

I think Japan Studio would work with them providing technical support though

I wonder if Sony feels it is worthwhile to have to support and continue to run dedicated servers annually just for a remaster. That's always been the strangest thing about Demon's Souls. All future games changed the way the matchmaking worked. If they do remaster or remake Demon's Souls, maybe they will have to consider changing the infrastructure to P2P too.

NotEasy

Hmm my list for events like this were always
MH HD for PS4
Demons Souls Remaster
Devil may cry 5
FF8 and FF9 steam ports for PS4

Still I think DMC5 will only show at PS Experience, at least this year I got some of them.

I already saw all the Devil May Cry 5 replies so I will add mine because hopefully the more we say it, the more likely it will show up. Thats how it works right. Jokes aside, if capcom executives would actually read all the replies here and people elsewhere who are desperately waiting for Devil May Cry 5, then maybe replying over and over again will actually convince them. I believe.

I already saw all the Devil May Cry 5 replies so I will add mine because hopefully the more we say it, the more likely it will show up. Thats how it works right. Jokes aside, if capcom executives would actually read all the replies here and people elsewhere who are desperately waiting for Devil May Cry 5, then maybe replying over and over again will actually convince them. I believe.

Itsuno hears.

Memento

I wonder if Sony feels it is worthwhile to have to support and continue to run dedicated servers annually just for a remaster. That's always been the strangest thing about Demon's Souls. All future games changed the way the matchmaking worked. If they do remaster or remake Demon's Souls, maybe they will have to consider changing the infrastructure to P2P too.

Who knows

But I think a remaster of this game could do great numbers considering how popular the Souls series (and its formula) is nowadays, so it is not like it is going to be a niche title not worthy of investment imo. I bet a lot of people, Souls fans even, dont even know the existence of it. It will basically be a new Souls for the general market and if the work by BluePoint is in the level of Shadow of the Colossus (basically a Remake looking title) it will be even more marketable as an original game. Just drop the Remastered tag and announce it as Demons Souls. If it launches, lets say in Q1 2019, it will be 3 years since the last Souls game, people will be starving for another one. We also know From's new IP is not a new Dark Souls so it gives them even more incentive to go all out on it.

Let them dream

All I ever want out of capcom is a mega man x collection and battle network collection.

For some people (myself included), the hype leading up to a game release can be more exciting than playing the game itself because of all the possibilities that we dream up. This is happening less these days thanks to developers putting out about 20 trailers for each game that reveal almost every single feature and even reveal things that were going to be a great surprise. For example, there was literally no surprise in FFXV. Seeing the
flying car
in the game instead of a trailer would have been amazing. Super Mario Odyssey has had so much revealed already. Im dreaming less these days but I guess thats the way of the future to advertise as much as possible to as many people as possible to show that each game has more content than other games even if it means revealing some things that would have been great as surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom