• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan set for September 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigorath

Banned
dead @ people still thinking a new DMC will show up anywhere

How many times do we have to go through this song and dance. A new DMC is happening. Capcom listed it as one of their major franchises in their financial report. Every other series listed has had new entries announced. Itsuno has a new game in development. All the piece are coming together. May not be announced tonight, but it's coming.

Dante da gawd will return to us. Accept it already.

DMC 5 has to be announced because tomorrow is my birthday. You're welcome you guys

If it gets announced, I will PM you a 10 dollar PSN or Xbox One gift card for your birthday. Thats how bad I want this game to be announced, but thats how much I am willing to bet that it won't be. PM me your platform of choice if it gets announced.

Indeed. PS All Stars Racing, but with a better name. CTR could work but I want Kat, Kiryu, Snake, Kratos.

And featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

PS All Stars racing was a game I very much wanted made by the MODNATION RACERS team.

Game was great, loading times were very much not...

GeoramA

Despite super low expectations, my alarm will go off in 4 hours. Really hope there are some new game announcements.

Despite super low expectations, my alarm will go off in 4 hours. Really hope there are some new game announcements.

I would watch it but I have classes tomorrow. I know not to expect much but watching the announcements live is more fun and game press conferences are one of those things that if I don't watch live, I probably won't watch later. I would just read the articles.

The betrayal is real
tumblr_n06n5hbVhU1r1ischo5_400.gif
The world is a cruel place.

giphy.webp

Dmc2 to be announced for maximum salt

It's a good game
Truth.

I'd take it, to be honest.

PSX is our best bet.

That's the problem with TGS nowadays.

Big announcements for Sony are E3, and PSX. That's it.
It's why TGS gets more and more meh every year.

They might have a few Japan releases for some games, or maybe 1 or 2 miche sequls/game announcements. But I don't expect anything crazy to be revealed.

Elfstruck

Is it really worth it though
For something you can just read about when you wake up

This could be said about any live events. I could read up the summary without wasting my time watching it. Watching something live and experience it with other people is a way better experience.

Now that we're out of the dream zone, here's some random predictions of my own:

- Announcement of a AA+ first-party Japan Studio collaboration. Nothing AAA-level, but still sizable enough to be either a $40 or $60 level game. Maybe something like a Freedom Wars 2, etc.

- Official announcement of Cygame's Project Awakening. This was their other AAA project that was developed internally at Cygames Osaka which was teased last year, it's probably enough time for it to at least have an official reveal, but I don't expect it to be out till 2019.

- Official announcement of Project Dawn, the rumoured highly ambitious One Piece project.

Has BluePoint ever worked on a remaster with extensive networking and multiplayer functions?

They're not remasters but Bluepoint did port Titanfall to 360 and PS All Stars to Vita, so I assume they had a lot to do with porting the networking code and functionality of those games to their respective systems.

Sandfox

I'm not expecting anything. Last year was disappointing and all of the big franchises either just released a title, already have something announced, or I simply don't see them making a TGS announcement.

Now that we're out of the dream zone, here's some random predictions of my own:

- Announcement of a AA+ first-party Japan Studio collaboration. Nothing AAA-level, but still sizable enough to be either a $40 or $60 level game. Maybe something like a Freedom Wars 2, etc.

- Official announcement of Cygame's Project Awakening. This was their other AAA project that was developed internally at Cygames Osaka which was teased last year, it's probably enough time for it to at least have an official reveal, but I don't expect it to be out till 2019.

- Official announcement of Project Dawn, the rumoured highly ambitious One Piece project.
All of this would be hype.

Mifune

Mehmber
I'm not expecting anything. Last year was disappointing and all of the big franchises either just released a title, already have something announced, or I simply don't see them making a TGS announcement.

Yeah, it seems like most of the big announcements are made by the publishers through Famitsu or something. I think Sony realizes it's not worth their while to put a lot into the TGS presser.

The God

How many times do we have to go through this song and dance. A new DMC is happening. Capcom listed it as one of their major franchises in their financial report. Every other series listed has had new entries announced. Itsuno has a new game in development. All the piece are coming together. May not be announced tonight, but it's coming.

DMC fans been dancing for about 9 years now

Speak the truth!

Orbit_shadow

Neo Member
Chances of Bayonetta 3?

(Only asking because since I saw this being mentioned in some dodgy chinese "leak"."

For reference the leak also said:

1. Monster hunter new trailer + slim bundle
2. Trials of light? 3 overall recap
3. Trails of light?)1~2 coming to PS4
4. horizon DLC
5. AC origins info
6. Sangan kagura PS4 new trailer
7. Final fantasy 15 DLC news
8. Destiny 2 Japan server hosted by SIEJA
9. Marvel vs capcom news
10. Dynasty warriors 8 release date

(Probably trash) No final fantasy 9, definitely trash.

Chances of Bayonetta 3?

(Only asking because since I saw this being mentioned in some dodgy chinese "leak"."

For reference the leak also said:

1. Monster hunter new trailer + slim bundle
2. Trials of light? 3 overall recap
3. Trails of light?)1~2 coming to PS4
4. horizon DLC
5. AC origins info
6. Sangan kagura PS4 new trailer
7. Final fantasy 15 DLC news
8. Destiny 2 Japan server hosted by SIEJA
9. Marvel vs capcom news
10. Dynasty warriors 8 release date

(Probably trash)
That wouldn't be hype at all for me at least.

salromano

I really want another senran kagura which we know is coming.
But I don't think it's worth staying up for.

You mean like a new Senran Kagura game announcement?

Because there are two on the way that are already announced: Senran Kagura Re:Newal for PS4 and Senran Kagura 7EVEN for PS4.

The last sentence in your post confuses me as it makes it sound like you're saying there's an announcement for one coming at Sony's conference, which there is not given those two were just announced a few weeks ago. =)

-Horizon-

You mean like a new Senran Kagura game announcement?

Because there are two on the way that are already announced: Senran Kagura Re:Newal for PS4 and Senran Kagura 7EVEN for PS4.

The last sentence in your post confuses me as it makes it sound like you're saying there's an announcement for one coming at Sony's conference, which there is not given those two were just announced a few weeks ago. =)
Should've quoted the person with that "list" above >.<

I forgot there was that remake too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom