• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 PC Screenshot Thread

NeoRaider

A Plague Tale: Innocence

WnRAwe.jpg

WnR2CQ.jpg

BusierDonkey BusierDonkey Modlist please! It's been a while since I modded NV and then almost never played it XD

I can list what I have in my manager but I have a whole bunch I installed manually and I wouldn't even know where to begin with those. They cover almost every texture in the game that the two big texture packs don't. I'm just glad you didn't ask for my Fallout 4 list. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

EDIT: Spoiler tagged to clean up the mess I've made in KyoZz KyoZz 's thread

Download these first (With these I can't crash the game even if I try):

- NVSE (needed for many mods)
- New Vegas Tick Fix(Win10)(Carxt - Tgspy)(or find stutter fix for Win7)
- JIP LN NVSE Plugin
- NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash (Queue)
- Navmesh Fixes and Improvements (sandbox6)
- OneTweak (virusek)
- Unofficial Patch NVSE (The NVSEUP Boys)
- Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP - YUP - Base Game and All DLC (Yukichigai)

I'm running ENBseries for New Vegas, which is 90% of what makes it look so much better. My personal favorite ENBs are:

- ENB of the Apocalyse
- Rudy
- Onix
- Realistic Wasteland ENB (you need this for certain other ENBs as well)

The visual mods in my manager are (The most important mods are in yellow):

- NMCs Textures NV LARGE Pack (3 parts and a patch file needed)(NeilMc_NMC)
- Ojo Bueno Texture Pack - Ultra (Ojo Bueno)

- Behaviours - (npc headtacking) (Fallout
- Big Horner ultra high res texture (cancausecancer)
- Brahmin Variants Redux (Lexx)
- Cazaclaws (MM)
- Deathclaw Retextures (Becky)
- HQ Dust Storm FX (Drumber)
- Dust Storm Meshes (Fixes glowing dust storms at night) (Drumber)
- EVE (weijiesen)
- Fallout Character Overhaul 3.0 (Use earlier version 2.3 if you want a body replacer)(Drumber)
- Russell Version 1.17 (Needed for FCO)(Someguy)
- Someguy Series 2 dot 0 (Someguy)
- Fallout Food Package Retexture Compilation (majormodder)
- FCO Hair Overhaul (Morghat)
- Fixed Eyeglasses (Lorrie)
- FNV Realistic Wasteland (You need this for several ENBs to look right)(Sal203 and Camo)
- IMPACT (weijiesen)
- Improved Cyberdogs Textures/Improved Rex Textures(download the glow fix too)(Tau34RUS)
- Improved Heavy Weapons Textures (Tau34RUS)
- Improved Main Robots Textures/Improved OWB Robot Textures (Tau34RUS)
- Interior Lighting Overhaul 6-9 (Sarge198 and Killergrimm)
- Live Dismemberment (C16 Asurah)
- MGs Neat Clutter Retextures(grab Ojo friendly version)(Mental Gear)
- Mojave Nights (CptJoker)
- New Sunset Sarsaparilla and Nuka Cola Bottles 1024k (Quoter1)
- Nuka Fridge HD - 2k (pilamin)
- PM's Med-Textures v1.0 (Pommymax)
- Ragdolls (MadAce)
- Securitron Hires retexture 4096x4096px (Macintroll)
- Smaller Holotapes (Pepsi7)
- Super Mutants HD - 4k (pilamin)
- Textures Over Time (I used several of these installed manualy)(DonKnotts)
- TFH Better Authority Glasses (TheFourthHorse)
- The Strip Open V1-4 (Makes entire New Vegas a single Cell)(MoBurma)
- Vault 22 FloraOverhaul Alpha 1-1 (Macintroll)
- Wasteland Flora Overhaul (vurt and printerkop)
- Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod (Roy Batty)
- Weapon Retexture Project - WRP (Millenia - Zack Layton)

Mods I can remember installing manually:

- ENBs. All ENBs should be installed manually, don't use a mod manager for these, instead download the Volvagao ENB and Reshade Manager. It can safely remove ENBs and you can save various combinations of settings through it.
- Wasteland Clothing HD (replaces all clothing and armor with better looking versions)
- Some Hectrol mods for various set pieces

I recommend steering clear of LOD mods and LOD generators. They cause as many issues as they solve

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Fallout 4 - NAC/PRC, nearing 400 active mods. My poor framerates...

Mother of God! how do you keep track of 400 mods, I bet they all have to installed in a particular order as well, don't they...RAM & VRAM usage must be astronomical.

..Stunning looking results though...more please :)

I can list what I have in my manager but I have a whole bunch I installed manually and I wouldn't even know where to begin with those. They cover almost every texture in the game that the two big texture packs don't. I'm just glad you didn't ask for my Fallout 4 list. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Download these first (With these I can't crash the game even if I try):

- NVSE (needed for many mods)
- New Vegas Tick Fix(Win10)(Carxt - Tgspy)(or find stutter fix for Win7)
- JIP LN NVSE Plugin
- NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash (Queue)
- Navmesh Fixes and Improvements (sandbox6)
- OneTweak (virusek)
- Unofficial Patch NVSE (The NVSEUP Boys)
- Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP - YUP - Base Game and All DLC (Yukichigai)

I'm running ENBseries for New Vegas, which is 90% of what makes it look so much better. My personal favorite ENBs are:

- ENB of the Apocalyse
- Rudy
- Onix
- Realistic Wasteland ENB (you need this for certain other ENBs as well)

The visual mods in my manager are (The most important mods are in yellow):

- NMCs Textures NV LARGE Pack (3 parts and a patch file needed)(NeilMc_NMC)
- Ojo Bueno Texture Pack - Ultra (Ojo Bueno)

- Behaviours - (npc headtacking) (Fallout
- Big Horner ultra high res texture (cancausecancer)
- Brahmin Variants Redux (Lexx)
- Cazaclaws (MM)
- Deathclaw Retextures (Becky)
- HQ Dust Storm FX (Drumber)
- Dust Storm Meshes (Fixes glowing dust storms at night) (Drumber)
- EVE (weijiesen)
- Fallout Character Overhaul 3.0 (Use earlier version 2.3 if you want a body replacer)(Drumber)
- Russell Version 1.17 (Needed for FCO)(Someguy)
- Someguy Series 2 dot 0 (Someguy)
- Fallout Food Package Retexture Compilation (majormodder)
- FCO Hair Overhaul (Morghat)
- Fixed Eyeglasses (Lorrie)
- FNV Realistic Wasteland (You need this for several ENBs to look right)(Sal203 and Camo)
- IMPACT (weijiesen)
- Improved Cyberdogs Textures/Improved Rex Textures(download the glow fix too)(Tau34RUS)
- Improved Heavy Weapons Textures (Tau34RUS)
- Improved Main Robots Textures/Improved OWB Robot Textures (Tau34RUS)
- Interior Lighting Overhaul 6-9 (Sarge198 and Killergrimm)
- Live Dismemberment (C16 Asurah)
- MGs Neat Clutter Retextures(grab Ojo friendly version)(Mental Gear)
- Mojave Nights (CptJoker)
- New Sunset Sarsaparilla and Nuka Cola Bottles 1024k (Quoter1)
- Nuka Fridge HD - 2k (pilamin)
- PM's Med-Textures v1.0 (Pommymax)
- Ragdolls (MadAce)
- Securitron Hires retexture 4096x4096px (Macintroll)
- Smaller Holotapes (Pepsi7)
- Super Mutants HD - 4k (pilamin)
- Textures Over Time (I used several of these installed manualy)(DonKnotts)
- TFH Better Authority Glasses (TheFourthHorse)
- The Strip Open V1-4 (Makes entire New Vegas a single Cell)(MoBurma)
- Vault 22 FloraOverhaul Alpha 1-1 (Macintroll)
- Wasteland Flora Overhaul (vurt and printerkop)
- Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod (Roy Batty)
- Weapon Retexture Project - WRP (Millenia - Zack Layton)

Mods I can remember installing manually:

- ENBs. All ENBs should be installed manually, don't use a mod manager for these, instead download the Volvagao ENB and Reshade Manager. It can safely remove ENBs and you can save various combinations of settings through it.
- Wasteland Clothing HD (replaces all clothing and armor with better looking versions)
- Some Hectrol mods for various set pieces

I recommend steering clear of LOD mods and LOD generators. They cause as many issues as they solve
I never thought there would be a legitimate answer. Thank you, my next evenings will be full of modding (again).

And yeah... 300-400 individual mods in Bethesda games... hail to thee, comrade! XD

Mother of God! how do you keep track of 400 mods, I bet they all have to installed in a particular order as well, don't they...RAM & VRAM usage must be astronomical.

..Stunning looking results though...more please :)

If I turn the ENB off, I can get a stable 60fps at 1080p, 45 fps at 1440 or 30 at 4K. The ENBs I'm running brings screen space reflections, dynamic lighting, ambient shadows, bounce light, and tone mapping which kick the shit out of my card and drops me to 15-20fps at 4K, sometimes less :messenger_grinning_sweat:. My silicon lottery CPU is still only sitting at 50% though. I really wish Bitcoin would piss off so card prices would get back to reasonable and I can justify the asking price of a 2080 ti.

Modding is easier than it's ever been. Vortex and Mod Organizer both do all the real work for you. Vortex is especially easy to learn, has built-in tutorials, and will alert you as soon as there is a conflict and suggest how to order the conflicting files or resolve the issue. The biggest problem I have is that a lot of mod authors make dozens of texture replacers but never make a packaged mod with al the textures in one plugin. Since Beth games only allow 255 plugin I have to repackage the mods myself so that I can download more. As it stands there is very little in my game that came with the game, when I do stumble across something it looks absolutely horrid.

I'll try to get some more before/afters. I've actually been working on improving the already improved deathclaws, which is in the third shot I posted. The vanilla one looks like plastic.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
If I turn the ENB off, I can get a stable 60fps at 1080p, 45 fps at 1440 or 30 at 4K.

So you think it would run quite well on my PC (4690K @4.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2080 on a 4K monitor) then? because the Steam sale starts soon and I bet the Fallout 4 GOTY edition will be on offer and I wouldn't mind having a go at modding it.

So you think it would run quite well on my PC (4690K @4.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2080 on a 4K monitor) then? because the Steam sale starts soon and I bet the Fallout 4 GOTY edition will be on offer and I wouldn't mind having a go at modding it.

Your setup should not have any issue running it. If you really get into mods and go the route I have you'll need more RAM. I'm running 32GB and I am using up to 65%. Your card should handle it just fine, again, if you get really crazy, you'll find yourself maxing out your VRAM and you'll notice textures aren't filling in very quickly. I would highly recommend you allocate an SSD to this game on it's own, running all these texture packs off an HDD makes things really shitty. I have this all on a 250GB SSD, just over 70GB for the game and currently over 120GB for mods, I'll be moving to a 500GB drive soon.

I seriously love spending time in these games just changing things

Fallout 4 - NAC/PRC

Pick-R-Up Before
3GUUYbZ.jpg

Diamond City Before
xLYrred.jpg

Top Bottom