• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 Holiday Season Backlog Attack

decisions

Hey all, so I don't get a lot of time to play video games throughout the year, but around holiday season is one of the times where work lets up and I get some time to grind through some of backlog and enjoy this great hobby. I imagine the holidays is one of the most opportune times to play games for a lot of people.

So...what have you been playing recently?

So far I've gotten through these two solid titles, and I'm very happy that I went back for them:

220px-Titanfall_2.jpg
uncharted-lost-legacy---button-f-1502413916063.jpg

Titanfall 2 is a great shooter all around. The campaign has great level design and really nice leading plot point in the bond that is formed between the protagonist and his titan. Also, the MP is really awesome at times, even if I do think Titanfall still has an issue with long-term engagements, stemming from that fact that despite the game having a relatively large amount of game mechanics for a modern FPS, most matches still end up feeling the same for some reason. I'd score about an 8.5/10, and would consider it to definitely have the one of the best FPS campaigns in the last 10 years, with only IW's campaigns really matching it in quality.

As for Uncharted - wow was I surprised by this one! The biggest problem I had with UC4 was that the pacing felt too slow and story-based (because of this I still have not gone back to replay it since the game's launch, even though I replayed the first three games many times), but this game totally nails this aspect. Essentially, and there are some slight spoilers here, the first half of the game just drops you into a wide open map filled with locations where you get to experience everything that's good about Uncharted gameplay between infiltrating small enemy bases as stealthily or loudly as you please, solving puzzles, and hearing the main characters get to know each other by the only way possible in the Uncharted universe: delivering a seemingly endless flurry of quips at each other. I actually thought the game would be over once I complete all the activities on this map, since it wasn't a full price release. However, this is only the first half of the game! The second half of the game transitions into an expertly paced, UC2-style experience that will have you hooked to the very end. Overall a great game and I wouldn't mind at all if Chloe was the protagonist for UC5.

Next up, I have to play Spider-man and I want to replay KHII for the first time in many years before finally getting to KHIII.

What do you all plan to play over the Christmas season?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm actually thinking about playing original Resident Evil remake on PS4 and replay Resident Evil 2Remake before Resident Evil 3Remake comes out.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm actually thinking about playing original Resident Evil remake and PS4 and replay Resident Evil 2Remake before Resident Evil 3Remake comes out.

That'd be a hell of a back-to-back experience. REmake is probably the best Resident Evil game and REmake 2 is up there.

IKSTUGA

My holidays will consist of: Final Fantasy XIV, some quality family time and Breath of the Wild (should be a pretty great Christmas game).

Top Bottom