• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$22 Free Credit on the Amazon Appstore - Today Only

Yeah just wait a bit and a bubble should pop up asking if you want to pay with money or coins below the 1-click button. 1-click WILL charge you real money, even if you have coins.
On PC too? I know the app has that little bubble pop up asking but I haven't seen any bubble on PC.

Syriel

Yeah I ended up using my PC to get one of the photo apps because it wouldn't let me do it on my phone anyways. My question is though, if I try to get the GTA app from my PC, will it let me use from my stash of coins or do I have to spend real money ($6.99)? Because on my PC all I see is the option to "one click buy" for $6.99 and I'm afraid that if I click it just once it'll charge me the real money.

Should look like this:
wrjkUlT.png

lt519

The bonus on gta lasts until June 11th, so there will at least be a $20 worth of coins for $7. May be useful to some.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
So if you have an us amazon account but you are not in the USA at the moment, this does not work, right?

It works. You just need to add Hola unblocker chrome add and change the location to US. I did the same since I'm in Asia right now.

Pudge

This might have already been answered, but is it possible to use these Amazon Coins to buy Pinball Arcade tables on a non-Amazon Android device? It's an in-app purchase, so I'm not sure how that would work, but if it's possible I'm going to waste all of them on pinball.

Yondy604

Banned
Have no kindle, tried to buy with coins, instead I charged myself 5$, so this thread cost me 5% instead of giving me 22$.

Lovely, this does not work in canada, unless somebody has a step by step guide.

Also, How in the world do you check your coins without a kindle.

I have moto g

It works. You just need to add Hola unblocker chrome add and change the location to US. I did the same since I'm in Asia right now.

Never heard about this, can you please explain this to me? Do I install it to my PC or android device? Is it safe? Thanks (I need an answer before the deal is over).

Pudge

Have no kindle, tried to buy with coins, instead I charged myself 5$, so this thread cost me 5% instead of giving me 22$.

I have moto g

Perhaps if you read anything in the thread before buying things, this wouldn't have happened to you.

Also I'm pretty sure you can cancel the order if you're quick about it and then follow the instructions from the thread that I'm too lazy to copy and paste.

EGM92

I have moto g

Considering I just did it from a phone within Canada, it does work. You should have stopped and looked at what you were doing before confirming any purchase. This thread isn't at fault, it didn't make you click on anything.

Boss Mog

If you use the Android Amazon App Store app, you scroll down to the section that says Get 250 Coins Back. But just buying Sonic 2 anywhere gets you the 240+250=490 coins back from the 299 coin purchase.

For a recommendation, you guys who like adventure games should try The Last Express. The greatest adventure not named Grim Fandango.

Good lookin' out. This trick actually brings the total free money to $23.92 instead of $22.01

Yondy604

Banned
Am I completely dumb here.

Everytime I go to buy anything (after the free 9 ones), it says "BUY APP" There is absolutely no place that says to use coins, I can't even find where I can actually see the so called coins I got.

Grief.exe

Got San Andreas and Minecraft for the Fire TV with coins to spare.

Interestingly enough, you also get 350 coins back when buying Minecraft right now.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Never heard about this, can you please explain this to me? Do I install it to my PC or android device? Is it safe? Thanks (I need an answer before the deal is over).

Search Hola Unblocker. You will get a link of Hola Chrome add on. Add it to your Chrome browser on PC. Then change your location to US. Now I am assuming that you have registered your device on Amazon App store. If not, register it. For that, go to specific section, and you have to enter your email. Open the mail in your mobile gmail app and follow the instructions. Then your device will be registered. If your device was not in US then it would have been registered as in some other country. You can change it in country settings in one of the Amazon account sections. Once you change that, you will be able to buy GTA with the coins that you got from 9 other apps.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
You have to change your account location to US for this to work at all.

Once you have done that, delete the 9 free games from your account that you bought while your country was set to something else.

Re-buy them after you change your country and you should get the coins.
GTA will also be available to buy after you set your country to the US.

Also I had to delete and re-install the amazon store android app after doing this for it to show the coins in the app.

Yondy604

Banned
You have to change your account location to US for this to work at all.

Once you have done that, delete the 9 free games from your account that you bought while your country was set to something else.

Re-buy them after you change your country and you should get the coins.
GTA will also be available to buy after you set your country to the US.

Also I had to delete and re-install the amazon store android app after doing this for it to show the coins in the app.

How do you delete the 9 free games?, I see no option anywhere.

fatalexe

Heads up to non-USA people, you need to set your shipping and billing address to a US one, as well as go into Manage Devices and put it into US. After that, go into 1 click settings and change default address to the US one. Finally, you need a US VPN(something free like Hotspot Shield or Hola will do) and refresh the page to purchase it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
In addition to Sonic 2 netting you 240 coins, you can get 150 coins when you buy Sonic CD ($2.99). Also, Tetris is on sale for $1.99 (regular price is $4.99).

And, in case it hasn't been mentioned, free/promotional coins expire after a year, so you have plenty of time to use these.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Highly recommend Monument Valley. It just came out on android this week. Every second of the game looks like a work of art.

Aside from that it sure was nice to get basically the best fire tv apps for free with this promo. GTA trilogy, Minecraft, Sonic 2, Plex. All work awesome on the FTV.

One other note; if you get the free Walking Dead games for kindle / fire tv, you can use amazon coins for the in-app purchase for the episodes. Both season 1 and 2 available, and season one saves port right over.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Still working even though it is slightly past midnight pacific time. Thanks for the heads up.

Tellaerin

Kind of annoying that a couple of the games I'm interested in (Chaos Rings, Deus Ex: The Fall) don't show up from in the Amazon app on my Nexus 7, though I see them when I search through the webpage. As far as I know, those apps are supposed to be compatible with my tablet. What's up with that? :s

LOLDSFAN

Perfectly Clear and PicShop aren't free anymore, but everything else seems to work. Been busy all day so I'm just now getting around to this. Thanks!

Ploid 3.0

I never played FF2 is it any good? I kinda remember talk about the first few FF games not being so great. I know 3 is awesome (US 3 I think, Locke, Kefka, etc.).

Sarquiss_

Been a couple of hours and still haven't gotten the 900 points even though it says I own all of the Photo apps :(

Oh well, glad it worked for others.

Teknoman

I never played FF2 is it any good? I kinda remember talk about the first few FF games not being so great. I know 3 is awesome (US 3 I think, Locke, Kefka, etc.).

3 and forward should be good. FF3 3D version is still kinda by the numbers, but its got jobs.

lutheran

I threatened the CS's life when talking to them to try and convert coins to a gift card, told her how much work I had to do to amass all those coins and how loyal I was to them today lol. J/K

Anyway if you're looking for games to buy and have a decent enough Android phone Monument Valley is awesome, I also picked up the newer Prince of Persia remake, Out There, GTA Vice City and I still have plenty of coins left.

Top Bottom