• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$22 Free Credit on the Amazon Appstore - Today Only

A really nice Amazon rep just converted half my coins into promo credit to spend anywhere on Amazon. Very nice of them, they saw I was a Prime customer and were very happy to help me. :)

A really nice Amazon rep just converted half my coins into promo credit to spend anywhere on Amazon. Very nice of them, they saw I was a Prime customer and were very happy to help me. :)

Same here, except I got to keep my coins. Hell, they didn't convert my credit for any of their services, they just gave me a 10 dollar credit. Man, I should ask Amazon for free money more often.

Same here, except I got to keep my coins. Hell, they didn't convert my credit for any of their services, they just gave me a 10 dollar credit. Man, I should ask Amazon for free money more often.

Bolded made me chuckle. Still got quite a few games purchased before I even converted. Very happy with how this wound up.

batbeg

So this is where I'm at with my free credit. I've bought:

Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes - This is the only one I've played so far. I'm about two hours in and LOVING it. I'd actually bought this on the DS back in the day during my puzzle quest craze but never got around to playing it. Words don't describe the joy of this.

Minecraft: Pocket Edition - I just recently discovered Minecraft on the PS3 and have been working on a persisten world with my brother in local co-op. It's time consuming but awesome fun in the right environment. Not sure if the phone version will keep me as entertained.

Monument Valley - Everyone is talking about this, so why not.

Sorcery! - A choose your own adventure RPG book ala Fighting Fantasy! as I understand it. Really really looking forward to playing this one.

Threes - I couldn't get into Fives but hear such good things about this that I have to give it a shot.

The Last Express - Never played this but I love the genre and understand the pedigree, so it's about time I tried it out.

I still have 316 coins. Aside from how absurd that is after buying a wealth of titles, does anybody have anything else to recommend from my current choices?

Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes - This is the only one I've played so far. I'm about two hours in and LOVING it. I'd actually bought this on the DS back in the day during my puzzle quest craze but never got around to playing it. Words don't describe the joy of this.

Minecraft: Pocket Edition - I just recently discovered Minecraft on the PS3 and have been working on a persisten world with my brother in local co-op. It's time consuming but awesome fun in the right environment. Not sure if the phone version will keep me as entertained.

Sorcery! - A choose your own adventure RPG book ala Fighting Fantasy! as I understand it. Really really looking forward to playing this one.

Threes - I couldn't get into Fives but hear such good things about this that I have to give it a shot.

The Last Express - Never played this but I love the genre and understand the pedigree, so it's about time I tried it out.

I still have 316 coins. Aside from how absurd that is after buying a wealth of titles, does anybody have anything else to recommend from my current choices?

A Bard's Tale. A fun game with light rpg elements and a ton of comedy. Cary Elwes and Tony Jay voice the game. Wonderful title.

batbeg

A Bard's Tale. A fun game with light rpg elements and a ton of comedy. Cary Elwes and Tony Jay voice the game. Wonderful title.

Already have (and love) A Bard's Tale thanks to some humble bundle or something out there. I don't have a whole lot of games on my phone though so that was kind of an exception though. The only other games I have are Card City Nights, FFIV, Sonic 1 (can't get used to phone controls), Organ Trail, and Chaos Rings 2.

lutheran

Out There, Star Command, Contra 4, Metal Slug games, Prince of Persia , Another World

Tevious

Apparently I had some coins on me, somehow. Half of those apps no longer have the promotion, but I ended up with 772 coins, enough to buy GTA:SA and get the 2000 coins for a total of 2071 coins.

I already own FF4 on my android phone, FF3 isn't compatible, but I own that anyway on Vita and DS. Amazon doesn't have any of the other FFs it looks like, I would have maybe gotten FF1 and 2. Not sure what to buy, I guess I'll just hang onto it for a while in case something comes up.

Just tried talking to an Amazon rep. She was very polite, but she explained there was no way to transfer the coins to credit. I expected that, but oh well.

pahamrick

A very nice customer rep converted the 2201 coins I had left over into $22 promotional credit.

So it does seem like it's luck of the draw on if a rep will do a conversion for you.

any other apps to get to get more free coins?
currently have 2201

Believe it or not, if you buy Sonic 2, you will most likely gain more coins.

It will cost 299 coins, however it's part of a special promotion where you get 240 coins back.

So at this point it's 59 coins, but if you haven't gotten in on a "buy something from this list with coins" promotion, you'll get an additional 250 coins, netting you 191 coins -AND- you get Sonic 2 out of the deal.

Should put you right at 2392.

Grief.exe

The timing of this was great. Just got a fire tv and now I can buy a bunch of games that I would otherwise regret

Can't go wrong with San Andreas and Minecraft for free on the Fire.

The irony being, I would probably prefer running the modded pc versions through the TV.

I say try. Just say something like there's nothing you want to spend the coins on, and if you can get it converted to promo credit for purchasing something else on Amazon.

Once again, no luck. They say it is explicitly not allowed and cannot be done at any point. The credit isn't a big deal to me, because it was free anyway, but I'm kind of cheesed that they are flat out lying, if your story is what happened.

pahamrick

Once again, no luck. They say it is explicitly not allowed and cannot be done at any point. The credit isn't a big deal to me, because it was free anyway, but I'm kind of cheesed that they are flat out lying, if your story is what happened.

I sent an email asking if there was anyway I could get regular credit since I had no use for coins and would like to put it towards a purchase. Got an email back saying they couldn't provide credit but could issue the amount in a promotional certificate, and to reply to the email if thats what I wanted.

After a reply I got an email back stating my coins were converted to $2.30 credit. Hopped on live chat and explained, and the rep changed the $2.30 to $22.30.

So it can definitely be done.

I sent an email asking if there was anyway I could get regular credit since I had no use for coins and would like to put it towards a purchase. Got an email back saying they couldn't provide credit but could issue the amount in a promotional certificate, and to reply to the email if thats what I wanted.

After a reply I got an email back stating my coins were converted to $2.30 credit. Hopped on live chat and explained, and the rep changed the $2.30 to $22.30.

So it can definitely be done.

*sigh* On one hand, I don't want to come off as petty, because it isn't incredibly important, but on the other hand, if it's possible, I don't appreciate being told otherwise. Whatever, luck of the draw.

lutheran

*sigh* On one hand, I don't want to come off as petty, because it isn't incredibly important, but on the other hand, if it's possible, I don't appreciate being told otherwise. Whatever, luck of the draw.

Yup I feel the same way, I basically just stole 22 dollars off of them and now I want to steal a product from their store as well lol. I will just leave it as coins, I am positive over the next 12 months some more good games will hit that app store and I will get them for free.

wilflare

Believe it or not, if you buy Sonic 2, you will most likely gain more coins.

It will cost 299 coins, however it's part of a special promotion where you get 240 coins back.

So at this point it's 59 coins, but if you haven't gotten in on a "buy something from this list with coins" promotion, you'll get an additional 250 coins, netting you 191 coins -AND- you get Sonic 2 out of the deal.

Should put you right at 2392.

sweet! got it! anything else?
strange, when I try to buy the Free App of Day - I get that geographical restriction thing

Wag

Thanks for this. At least I have some decent games now. I was going to buy Bard's Tale anyways.

Kerned

Banned
Amazon has the best customer service I have ever encountered. They have never been unwilling to solve any problem I have had. I'll probably wait a week or so and contact them about converting these coins into store credit.

meow

Daaang, I missed this! I got the 250 coin bonus and if I can wrangle another 130 coins somehow I can get the GTA bonus.

rjinaz

Daaang, I missed this! I got the 250 coin bonus and if I can wrangle another 130 coins somehow I can get the GTA bonus.

I know it sucks having to pay out of pocket, but it's only $1.30 and you get $20 in return. It's still a steal if you plan on using the credit.

Amazon has the best customer service I have ever encountered. They have never been unwilling to solve any problem I have had. I'll probably wait a week or so and contact them about converting these coins into store credit.

Usually that's the case for me too, which is why this is surprising. I might try again in a week or so, I just don't want my account flagged for repeatedly asking the same question (if that's something that even happens?)

hohoXD123

Another app you can get with the coins in Cerberus. It's a tracking app you can use your phone gets lost or stolen and it seems pretty good on features. How useful it'll actually be remains to be seen but good for peace of mind I guess. Oh and Terraria.

Yay, I was just able to get my coins converted over to Amazon credit. Had already spent some coins, so I only ended up with $18 but its all good!

statham

amazon app got me again, couldn't find my games, gotta hit the refresh button!

FFIV has been awesome so far! :)

FaintDeftone

I just emailed them about Deus Ex: The Fall and San Andreas not being compatible with the Galaxy S5 when they are on the Google Play store. I got a reply back saying they're getting their App team on it to see if they goofed and they will let me know what they find.

I'm not looking for free credit or anything at all. I would just like to have the games able to be downloaded to my phone.

Yay, I was just able to get my coins converted over to Amazon credit. Had already spent some coins, so I only ended up with $18 but its all good!
Damn, how!? I emailed them and got this:
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you've had in this case. This is definitely not what we want our valued customer like you to experience.

Please allow me to explain about this in detail and serve you to your satisfaction.

I regret to inform this to you, but at this time, you can't redeem Amazon Coins for cash or Gift Cards.

You can only redeem Amazon Coins for Kindle Fire-compatible apps, in-app items, and games.

I've personally passed your suggestion to the Appstore team for consideration as we make future improvements.

We're sorry for this inconvenience.

Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our products and provide better service to our customers.

Your patience and understanding in this regard is highly appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Samuel

Should I try emailing again? Or will they know that he already sent that?

Damn, how!? I emailed them and got this:
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you've had in this case. This is definitely not what we want our valued customer like you to experience.

Please allow me to explain about this in detail and serve you to your satisfaction.

I regret to inform this to you, but at this time, you can't redeem Amazon Coins for cash or Gift Cards.

You can only redeem Amazon Coins for Kindle Fire-compatible apps, in-app items, and games.

I've personally passed your suggestion to the Appstore team for consideration as we make future improvements.

We're sorry for this inconvenience.

Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our products and provide better service to our customers.

Your patience and understanding in this regard is highly appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Samuel

Should I try emailing again? Or will they know that he already sent that?

I really don't understand how this is so inconsistent.

batbeg

Out There, Star Command, Contra 4, Metal Slug games, Prince of Persia , Another World

Awesome, I think this is the one I'm going to grab. Contra 4 or a Metal Slug game would be cool but I'm just really super iffy on touchscreen controls in action games, as I'm not too good at them to begin with.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
You guys might be pushing your luck with trying to convert these coins. It's strictly an android deal, and it's basically an exploit...so I'm just cashing my chips and thanking them for the free stuff, don't want to get too pushy.

My phone locks up trying to load level 3 in Monument Valley. Laaaaaaaaaame. Was really digging it too.

Oh well, grabbed Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, Elder Signs Omen, Overlive, and Cyber Knights so far. Will probably cash out with some more cheap rpgs later.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

Syriel

Yeah, I was just trying to do the process too and the apps are not free anymore. I suppose we were too late.

The 900 free coins was a one day thing that was only good on Friday.

The 2000 coin rebate for GTA:SA is good until June 11, but if you don't already have the 699 coins needed to buy it, then it's not really free since you have to kick in some real money to start. Still, it is a decent way to get a discount if you're looking to buy a more expensive game. (Ex, if you started from scratch, spend $6.99 on GTA, you now have 2000 coins and can get Final Fantasy IV for free).

The reason this initially worked with no $$$ outlay was because of the one day 900 coin freebie.

If Amazon gives away other coin earning apps for free before the GTA promo expires, you could do the same thing if you missed out this time.

Top Bottom