• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

23 Minutes of New Planetside 2 Footage (Night Time, Vehicles, Different Classes)

Orayn

This game may tear me away from my vita.

I know it is alpha, but I hope the flying mechanics are a little bit less arcade.

It's not fully implemented yet, but they're planning to have all the vehicle handling be physics-based. The planes, naturally, will be pretty nimble because they're all VTOLs.

MrBig

This whole interview is "well, we're planning something for that but we won't know how it works til we have people playing it." They better hurry up with the beta if so much is up in the air.

From the livestream it seemed like they wanted to get the beta up after E3 and then continuously test until it's polished enough to opened up to the public by the end of the year. They only have a couple hundred people in their test group, and it's hard to apply it to what the actual experience will be with 1000s of players per server. Also the game isn't a standard retail release so it will continuously be worked on and features will be implemented after "release."

Cronox

Banned
From the livestream it seemed like they wanted to get the beta up after E3 and then continuously test until it's polished enough to opened up to the public by the end of the year. They only have a couple hundred people in their test group, and it's hard to apply it to what the actual experience will be with 1000s of players per server. Also the game isn't a standard retail release so it will continuously be worked on and features will be implemented after "release."

I'm just a little afraid of it having the same problems of Planetside 1, where the devs were basically in the position where they could only add content, but not change certain existing things (outside of weapon balance and such). Like they couldn't find the code for base turrets, so base turrets became semi-useless and there was nothing the devs could do.

But moreso, I just want to play the game. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new graphics card... But I can't justify it until I have beta access.

MrBig

But moreso, I just want to play the game. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new graphics card... But I can't justify it until I have beta access.

I just stuck a GTX 670 in my new build last night, couldn't wait :)
Hopefully the beta is up this month even

Acheteedo

I can't put into words how excited I am for this game. The first one was truly special, I'll always remember those battles with hundreds of people fighting at once, and this sequel looks like an epic improvement.

I have a semi-decent gaming laptop, but I'm strongly considering buying a gaming PC just for this game.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
The night lighting is so beautiful, with all those shells and bullets and missiles whizzing around.

SparkTR

Some high res in-game screenshots. I am so ready for the beta.

a06kv.jpg

2vscl.jpg

74xjyq.jpg

qhbli.jpg

demolitio

The scale of this game is mind-boggling. I missed out on the first one but love me some vehicular warfare games ever since BF1942 and also games like Tribes in the scifi genre and this seems like a perfect blend. MAG on PS3 impressed me a lot even with its problems so I can only imagine what I'll say the first time I play this one.

I really hope the beta is soon because I'm bored out of my mind right now.

Edit: Those screens look great. I'm kind of laughing at the camo on the guy in the second picture since that was our old desert camo in the Air Force so it's kind of funny to see it in a scifi game but I love it so I hope there's more even if it doesn't make much sense. It's just too damn pretty...lol

Top Bottom