• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

23 Xbox 360 games to be revealed in 2006!

Mau ®

GTA 6

Out: 2007
What we know:
See 360's power in...

Not. The next GTA will be GTA4 actually. And for the moment the only "confirmed" plataform is the PS3. The PSM article seemed to indicate it was PS3 exclusive. There is a chance for a port though...

Jade Empire 2

Out: Late 2006
What we know:
See 360's power in...

NICE. I loved JE dunno why some people disliked it but Late 2006 is waaaaay too soon for it to come out since it came out early this year. Will it happen? Yeah. This soon? Not likely.

The Sims 3

What we know:
See 360's power in...

BS. It'll be at least 2.5-3 years worth of PC expansions and console spin-offs before EA makes an actual sequel. Itll obviously happen but not soon.

Splinter Cell 5

What we know:
See 360's power in...

WOW! That's such a wild guess!! SC5 wo would da thunk! LOL I have no doubt Ubisoft will make a sequel and Im very positive it'll be released in 2007 but this painfully obvious. Ubisoft should just come out and announce SC5,SC6,SC7 and SC8 for all the next-generation consoles.

Most of these games were already confirmed by a MS insider or are just extremely obvious predicitions. Coming from this "magazine" which faithfully represents the screwed mind of a Xbot I dunno why we are paying attention to this. We all saw this coming a mile away.

Arcticfox

Fuma said:
Brute Force 2

Out: 2006
What we know: An admission: we're not sure if Digital anvil's secret project, which we know they've been working on since the year dot, is a sequel to their meaty master-blaster of '03. And we're unsure when they'll be done (although, as they were still recruiting 360 coders back in April 2004, it's a while away). But, like a spleen, we know it's there.
See 360's power in... The tasty trillion-player squad based LIVE multiplayer.
Screw that. I want a new Freelancer.

Fuma said:
BC

What we know: We asked Peter Molyneux to his face if this Flintstones-'em-up is back on after being 'suspended' last October - and he just couldn't say no. This will be a standout (and likely exclusive) 360 game: you in the shoes of an early human tribe, punching dinosaurs and fending off creatures trying to knock **** Sapiens off the evolutionary tree.
SP*nG Sapiens?

Deku

Banned
Sequels aren't the real issue, its whether the games are just going to be ports or feature a cross platform release.

erikevrhrd

Sequals are great. There's plenty of new Xbox 360 exclusives announced like Crackdown, Mass Effect Trilogy, Gears of War, Ninety-Nine Nights, Too Human Trilogy, Condemned, Kameo, The Outfit, Frame City Killers, Saint's Row, Full Auto, Vanguard: Saga of Heros, Huxley, APB: All Points Bulletin, Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, etc.

shpankey

not an idiot
I just hope they make a sequel to one of my favorite games ever, Crimson Skies. Please Lord God in Heaven, pretty please make it happen!

shpankey said:
I just hope they make a sequel to one of my favorite games ever, Crimson Skies. Please Lord God in Heaven, pretty please make it happen!

Hell yes! I was just playing this again earllier. Fantastic game.

oh and I would be remiss to not post:

sr_360.jpg

DeadTrees

Fuma said:
BC

I'm guessing this isn't related to the comic strip that stops dead on Christian holidays to deliver senile propaganda?

Cause if it were, that'd be kinda funny, in a sick way.

Andrew2

Banned
Alot of this seem to be speculation, particullary the mention of Obsidian and KOTOR 3.

Obsidian is a relativley small developer which makes it impossible for them to take on multiple projects. Whats also interesting, they're working on NeverWinter Nights 2 and an original IP; hardly enough room to fit KOTOR 3 into the schedule for small dev like them.

KingJ2002

Outrun 2 Coast 2 Coast on 360??? not bad

something about this list though... i dont trust it... it's TOO obvious.

FallenOne666 said:
NO!!! Dear God, no. =(

It's only bad if they get like twelve months to develop it as they did with KOTOR 2. Obsidian is a quality developer, and the fact that they churned out a decent game in such a short time is pretty good, really. If they'd had more time KOTOR 2 would have been a very worthy sequel, so assuming they get 2+ years to develop KOTOR 3 it should be good imo.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
gates said halo3 just in time for ps3 when it was widely believed that ps3 was coming fall 06. They need a huge title so they don't get overlooked at ps3's first holiday season, because after that it's all over.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
krypt0nian said:
Cue the drama....

If they get completely overshadowed by ps3 christmas 06 they're going to be in a bad place in comparison to where they want to be. If their 06 lineup still keeps people really interested even with the ps3 then they'll probably end up in a better position than they ended up in this gen. I think next holiday season is going to be a HUGE deciding factor in what happens next(this?) gen. They need Halo 3, or something similar or it's all over IMO.

briefcasemanx said:
gates said halo3 just in time for ps3 when it was widely believed that ps3 was coming fall 06. They need a huge title so they don't get overlooked at ps3's first holiday season, because after that it's all over.

Didn't Allard say Gates was just bullshitting? And that they'll release Halo 3 when its "done"?

briefcasemanx said:
If they get completely overshadowed by ps3 christmas 06 they're going to be in a bad place in comparison to where they want to be. If their 06 lineup still keeps people really interested even with the ps3 then they'll probably end up in a better position than they ended up in this gen. I think next holiday season is going to be a HUGE deciding factor in what happens next(this?) gen. They need Halo 3.

See that's the whole thing. Every holiday season will be huge. Plus the release date of PS3. Plus factors we have no clue about. "all over" because of one of those is by definition drama.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
krypt0nian said:
See that's the whole thing. Every holiday season will be huge. Plus the release date of PS3. Plus factors we have no clue about. "all over" because of one of those is by definition drama.

If the console wars weren't dramatic, this board wouldn't be half as popular as it is :). It's my opinion that next holiday season is going to be the most important deciding factor for next gen.

briefcasemanx said:
If the console wars weren't dramatic, this board wouldn't be half as popular as it is :). It's my opinion that next holiday season is going to be the most important deciding factor for next gen.

When you say it like that it makes more sense. :)

Jeff-DSA said:
I love how people think that Nintendo is the only offender of this...
Jak 1-3 in ONE generation
GTA3, VC, SA, LCS in ONE generation
Ratchet and Clank 1-3 in ONE generation
Grow up.
You forgot Jak X, GTA Advance, and Ratchet: Deadlocked.

Foil

shpankey said:

Wasn't the team disassembled or something? Seriously doubt we'll get another one. Damn shame too, the Xbox one was a flippin' great game.

Mechassault 3 is almost a given, probally won't hear about it though until E3.

As for Rallisport and Midtown Madness, I'm betting MS and EA work out a deal for DICE to make them for the 360 exclusivly. Thing is, EA will want their name on the games and a cut of the profits or something like that.

Am I the only one who wants another Voodoo Vince? Too bad Beep is gone. I loved that game. :(

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Shadowrun info? A bit? A tickle? A smidge? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I believe RalliSport Challenge III is also wishful thinking.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Funky Papa said:
I'd swear that jetjevons denied this one long time ago (before it was even a rumour) Brute Force 2 sounds like an odd pick too.

Yeah. Riddick 2 is definite BS. They're working on 3 games AFAIK and Riddick ain't one of them. The Darkness is cited as 'the spiritual sequel' for Riddick. Can't wait!

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Benedict said:
I hope...

bcpic2.jpg

I think the studio making this ided. Ben Cousens was the lead designer on this I believe and now he works at SCEE. Sod knows what's happened to this. Would be a shame for it to just disappear.

GhaleonEB

boutrosinit said:
Yeah. Riddick 2 is definite BS. They're working on 3 games AFAIK and Riddick ain't one of them. The Darkness is cited as 'the spiritual sequel' for Riddick. Can't wait!

Just wondering. Were you researching that response for the past six weeks or something?

raYne

Dr_Cogent said:
PS3 is dead? WTF? That is freakin stupid.
Welcome to a long-ass time ago?

If I recall it was just a reader comment (that was in the mag) that they put on the cover to entice readers/cause controversy. Same with Halo 3, as there was no Halo 3 news in the mag.

Kasra

Banned
MS just closed Digital Anvil and is relocating the employees to other studios, so yeah, Brute Force 2 ain't happenin'. At least not by DA.

raYne

Kasra said:
MS just closed Digital Anvil and is relocating the employees to other studios, so yeah, Brute Force 2 ain't happenin'. At least not by DA.
That's not exactly a bad thing...

What is this, Team SpongXbox? :lol

The next GTA is going to be a PS3 exclusive, SC5 is not coming out next year, considering SC4 will be out around the Spring. Half Life 3? Really...guys....come on. How long did it take Valve to make HL2 again, and do you seriously think Gabe will release the game on the PC and Xbox 360 when the game launches?

I call bs of the highest degree.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
PhoenixDark said:
I call bs of the highest degree.

You mean, some people think it isn't? This list isn't revealing the games of 2006 and beyond. It is a list "guessing" which games could be, at some point in the near future, revealed, mayhapsprobamight.

Jeff-DSA

Kon Tiki said:
Wow. They just took a game that was on xbox and added a subsequential number to it. Very Nintendo.

I love how Nintendo is always accused of being the main culprit of this. Speaking of proper sequels, how many Mario platformers have we seen this gen? 1. Zeldas? 1 (with 1 more coming). Metroids? 2.

Now let's compare to some other popular franchises...

Jak Series - 3
Ratchet Series - 4
Sly Cooper - 3
Splinter Cell - 4
Grand Theft Auto - 3
Devil May Cry - 3
Onimusha - 3

Yeah, it's just Nintendo pumping out sequel after sequel...

Top Bottom