• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

23 Xbox 360 games to be revealed in 2006!

shpankey

not an idiot
Just another game you left off, it's called Project Assasins. The same devs who made Prince of Persia: Sands of Time have been working on it (Ubisoft Montreal). But that's ok cause hardly anyone knows about it. This is from one of the Ubi guys from the IGN Board - Prince of Persia...

Sup All,

Lots of questions floating around as to whether there will be a PoP sequel for next-gen. At this point, no PoP's are planned but, like every successful franchise - I wouldn't be surprised to see something in the future. The question is - how long? Even I don't know that answer.

Now, on to my next point. You may, or may not, know that the devlopment team for the origninal PoP:TSOT has been HARD, HARD, HARD at work on their next-gen game tentatively titled - PROJECT ASSASSINS. The game has nothing to do with PoP (actually - it's very, VERY different) but it has everything to do with what might possibly be the BEST development team in the world. nerd I have seen the game and all I have to say is GOTY. Not EA, Not SCEA, Not Rockstar, Not Capcom, Not Konami - NO ONE will be able to top this game. Yes - I'm staking my claim...but, for those who remember, I made this promise for TSOT. Why am I claiming this now? Because my hair stood up on my arms when I was presented the project (this happened to me on TSOT too). I'm a gamer 1st and a ubisoft employee 2nd. What I saw was revolutionary. Period. I cannot release details - you can check out what Ivan wrote about a quick trailer he saw.

It's not common that a development team sticks together for 6 years - but these guys have stuck together to make their next masterpiece. I hope you guys will follow their next game and help make that a success. I think that once you see the first clips - you will be sold.

Anyhow, thanks for listening and I look forward to chatting with you guys on this next game. cool

-P911

and...

I cannot answer ANY questions regarding this project. If you asked me if that was a silver helmet on the sceenshot above - I would answer that I don't know. beatup I'm just letting you know that this game is coming.

We (ubi_prince & myself) will unveil info when the appropriate time comes.

[...]

Claim still holds - easy GOTY winner when it comes out - no matter what the competition.

-P911

This is a screenshot of the game...

project-assassin-20050916011909600.jpg

Jeff-DSA said:
I love how Nintendo is always accused of being the main culprit of this. Speaking of proper sequels, how many Mario platformers have we seen this gen? 1. Zeldas? 1 (with 1 more coming). Metroids? 2.

Now let's compare to some other popular franchises...

Jak Series - 3
Ratchet Series - 4
Sly Cooper - 3
Splinter Cell - 4
Grand Theft Auto - 3
Devil May Cry - 3
Onimusha - 3

Yeah, it's just Nintendo pumping out sequel after sequel...

The difference here is quality. While Nintendo is busy pumping out sup par to terrible Mario Party/Mario Sports games on a yearly basis, other companies are putting out good games on a consistant basis. All three Jaks/Ratchets/Slys are good games. Nintendo on the other hand can barely release three good games a year on the Gamecube anymore. Perhaps that's why no one cares about the system until a Zelda or a Mario comes out, eh? While Sony has a large group of good, reletively new franchises, Nintendo is still stuck updating 10-15 year old games year after year.

I love Nintendo, but that's the realest sh*t I ever said.

Solid

shpankey said:
Just another game you left off, it's called Project Assasins. The same devs who made Prince of Persia: Sands of Time have been working on it (Ubisoft Montreal). But that's ok cause hardly anyone knows about it. This is from one of the Ubi guys from the IGN Board - Prince of Persia...

and...

This is a screenshot of the game...

project-assassin-20050916011909600.jpg
Great post! Didnt know the POP team made that game (I've been wondering what they'd do next-gen). I will deifinitely keep an eye on it.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Someone needs to dig a massive ditch in New Mexico fill it with every copy of every Turok game ever made, every console that a Turok game was played on, every game store employee who ever sold a Turok game, every developer involved in any way with Turok, and the truckers who drove copies of Turoks to store along with their families and friends and bury them.

Kasra

Banned
Damn... I thought I read all the X05 stuff. Can't believe I missed that little nugget. Especially with how all the Sony trolls were hyping PA at E3.

Jeff-DSA

PhoenixDark said:
The difference here is quality. While Nintendo is busy pumping out sup par to terrible Mario Party/Mario Sports games on a yearly basis, other companies are putting out good games on a consistant basis. All three Jaks/Ratchets/Slys are good games. Nintendo on the other hand can barely release three good games a year on the Gamecube anymore. Perhaps that's why no one cares about the system until a Zelda or a Mario comes out, eh? While Sony has a large group of good, reletively new franchises, Nintendo is still stuck updating 10-15 year old games year after year.

I love Nintendo, but that's the realest sh*t I ever said.

The Mario sports games have been great, or at least better than any other non-sim sports games released. Mario Party games aren't even by Nintendo anymore, but yeah, they just keep rolling those out like mad.

I'm just referring to true sequels though, but that might be a tad unfair. If it is, I apologize somewhat insincerely.

lollerskates said:
its funny how he mentioned Sony trolls and you got all defensive. At least you recognized he was talking about people like you

all defensive? i merely corrected the troll. and people like me? i'm not a sony troll, i don't go around trolling every topic about playstation's feeble competitors, and i don't give a shit about this game. :D

carry on...

3rdman

Wax Free Vanilla said:
all defensive? i merely corrected the troll. and people like me? i'm not a sony troll, i don't go around trolling every topic about playstation's feeble competitors, and i don't give a shit about this game. :D

carry on...

Um...yeah...

3rdman

Himuro said:
GTAVC and GTASA were apart of the III, technically so GTA4 will be the next gen GTA. And for the record that's on ps3 as well.

Not to be arguementative, but as far as I know, nothing has been announced to where the next GTA will be going. Do you have a link?

3rdman said:
Um...yeah...

um, where's the troll in that? i stated a fact. until nintendo & microsoft are matching sony playstation across the board, they will always remain "feeble competitors". will it stop me from playing their games? no. :D

DCX

DCX
I will say this, this batch of games will continue to move systems at an alarming rate...that is if the systems are availible.

DCX

shpankey

not an idiot
D2M15 said:
He's reflected in the eye of the ASSASSIN.
oh DAYAMN!!! good eye (no pun intended lol). i didn't notice that. i was thinking it was a bunch of dirt flying up and out from an explosion or some shit. :lol damn my warped perspective on things!

also, looking at that armor gives me fond memories from Myth: The Fallen Lords.... oh what great times those were! :)

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
GhaleonEB said:
Just wondering. Were you researching that response for the past six weeks or something?

No. Is that a subtle way of you saying 'old'. I don't search teh forum for old-ass threads, but if they pop on the front page they're new to me.

MrSingh

Next gen GTA is actually being developed on 360 right now. (and it's further along)

But it will be released on PS3 first. :lol :lol :lol

Shinobi

PhoenixDark said:
The next GTA is going to be a PS3 exclusive

I doubt it...hell, you could barely call San Andreas a PS2 exclusive. No reason why Rockstar would ignore PS3 or 360 with this game...both Sony and MS will be drowning their studios with cash to make sure they get it.

capslock said:
Someone needs to dig a massive ditch in New Mexico fill it with every copy of every Turok game ever made, every console that a Turok game was played on, every game store employee who ever sold a Turok game, every developer involved in any way with Turok, and the truckers who drove copies of Turoks to store along with their families and friends and bury them.

:lol

Top Bottom