• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

23 Xbox 360 games to be revealed in 2006!

Fuma

Banned
...taken from teamxbox forums..

This list is courtesy of IGN Forum's Vspectra & Bizzare Forum's HUZZ:

This is from the latest Xbox World 360 magazine. Credit goes to HUZZ from the Bizarre forums to make a summary on which games are supposively going to be revealed.

Avalon

Out: Early 2007
What we know: Cars and boats and planes. With big guns. Online. In development for yonks and playable at Climax HQ, Xbox World 360 was the first magazine in the world to publish a screenshot from the game - a game that will bring the rusty 'vehicular combat' genre back from the scrapyard, and buff it up with a unique twist - a twist that is still to be revealed...
See 360's power in... the swooningly lifelike surfaces and lighting, the specialty of Climax development tool Tomcat.

BC

Out: 2007
What we know: We asked Peter Molyneux to his face if this Flintstones-'em-up is back on after being 'suspended' last October - and he just couldn't say no. This will be a standout (and likely exclusive) 360 game: you in the shoes of an early human tribe, punching dinosaurs and fending off creatures trying to knock **** Sapiens off the evolutionary tree. Ambitiously, every rock, tree and flaming stick will be interactive - and LIVE support is a cert.
See 360's power in... Groundbreakingly realistic fire that engulfs man, meat, tree and T-Rex.

Bioware Game

What we know: the rumours that proceeded the new Bioware title (Unreal Engine plus role-playing) points to the newly announced 'Mass Effect'. However there's also another game deep in development in Canada - and it's not 'Jade Empire 2'.
See 360's power in... Bioware's ability to craft a snaking winding, fully blown story.

Brute Force 2

Out: 2006
What we know: An admission: we're not sure if Digital anvil's secret project, which we know they've been working on since the year dot, is a sequel to their meaty master-blaster of '03. And we're unsure when they'll be done (although, as they were still recruiting 360 coders back in April 2004, it's a while away). But, like a spleen, we know it's there.
See 360's power in... The tasty trillion-player squad based LIVE multiplayer.

The Chronicles of Riddick 2

What we know: One of the worst kept, secrets in the development world thanks to Vin Diesel himself confirming its existance, our spies tell us Swedish coders Starbreeze are hard at work on this, though the game will likely come after the release of comcic book license 'The Darkness'.
See 360's power in... Open air enviroments set away from the prison of the first game.

Fable 2

Out: Christmas 2007
What we know: Beans spilled everywhere courtesy of Microsoft employee Shane Kim, who admitted Fable 2 has been on the go since April. This is Big Blue Box's opportunity to bring us what they didn't in Fable the first: truly open-ended adventuring, a more realistic ageing proces - and a story that "lasts longer than 25 minuts", to quote one disgruntled Xbox World reader.
See 360's power in... The ability to map your own face to your character via the 360 Live Camera.

GTA 6

What we know:
See 360's power in...

Half-Life 3

Out: 2008
What we know:
See 360's power in...

Forza Motorsprt 2

Out: Christmas 2006
What we know: Another rip-roaring sequel confirmed, with at least ten months development work behind it already. 'Forza 2' will out-LIVE even 'Gotham 3' - when you hear talk of planet-wide tournaments with real cash prizes, 'Forza' seems the best bet for such decadence. Microsoft will very likely open its fat wallet to draw level with the rollcall of manufacturers and vehicles from 'Gran Turismo' too.
See 360's power in... 500 Turtle Wax canisters' worth of next-gen chassis sassiness. Broom broom indeed.

Halo 3

What we know:
See 360's power in...

Hitman 5

Out: Late 2006
What we know:
See 360's power in...

Man With No Name Games

What we know:
See 360's power in...

Jade Empire 2

What we know:
See 360's power in...

Ninja Gaiden 2

What we know:
See 360's power in...

Outrun Coast 2 Coast

What we know: Whether that's its final title name, only Makoto Osaki's brain knows. But with Sega firing out public trademark applications using just that title, you join the club of people who know that The Big S are working on a third instalment of the revered franchise - which like 'Outrun 2', will hit arcades first, then get shunted over to the 360 for your pleasure.
See 360's power in... Massive online modes to match 'Gotham' and 'Forza 2'.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6

What we know:
See 360's power in...

Rallisport Challenge 3

What we know:
See 360's power in...

The Sims 3

What we know:
See 360's power in...

Splinter Cell 5

What we know:
See 360's power in...

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic III

What we know:
See 360's power in...

Turok Next

What we know:
See 360's power in...

Unreal Tournament 2007

What we know:
See 360's power in...

WWE Wrestlmania 360

What we know:
See 360's power in...

..year of the sequels?

Speevy

Banned
Sounds like a fairly obvious and inevitable lineup to me.

Though I want my Crimson Skies and Mech Assault 3.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
...4 and 5 = Vice City and San Andreas, respectively. Unless you were being sarcastic. I can never tell anymore with you people.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Hmm can't say I'm convinced and some of the games listed are extremely obvious but if Rallisport Challenge 3, a brand new Bioware title, KOTOR III & Outrun Coast 2 Coast get announced then I'm going to be happy :)

Oh and Digital Anvil need to do an Xbox 360 Freelancer game rather than Brute Force 2. I'm sure a new Brute Force wouldn't be as bad as the first game but Freelancer was great and I'd love a sequel.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good to see BC is still around in some form, now bring back True Fantasy Online.

Borys

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
isn't this the magazine that said it had exclusive halo 3 info which turned out to be their wish list? :lol

xbw31cover.jpg

NEVER FORGET

Hey bish, where's your avatar from? It looks like Ultima 7's main menu butterfly but I'm 100% sure it ain't, so...?

bishoptl said:
...4 and 5 = Vice City and San Andreas, respectively. Unless you were being sarcastic. I can never tell anymore with you people.

Hasn't Rockstar said that VC wasn't GTA4? That'd mean SA wasn't GTA4/5 either.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
stole the butterfly from some geocities site. I'm all about simplifying my avatars as 2005 winds to a close and Xbox 360 prepares to unleash its sticky gaming fluid all over your happy faces.

Fuma said:
Splinter Cell 5

What we know:
See 360's power in...

They're gonna have info on Splinter Cell 5 before they have info on Splinter Cell 4?

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

That list is a crock of shit.

Foil

siege said:
Wow, almost every single game is a sequel.

Uhh you realise that there will be quite a few new IP's as well..... It's not like the developers will just come out and tell you every single 360 game in the works.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The Chronicles of Riddick 2

What we know: One of the worst kept, secrets in the development world thanks to Vin Diesel himself confirming its existance, our spies tell us Swedish coders Starbreeze are hard at work on this, though the game will likely come after the release of comcic book license 'The Darkness'.
See 360's power in... Open air enviroments set away from the prison of the first game.
I'd swear that jetjevons denied this one long time ago (before it was even a rumour) Brute Force 2 sounds like an odd pick too.

don't mean to come off as a troll, but exactly how is this line up going to attract new gamers like they said the 360 will? or are they banking on live arcade to bring in all the velocity girls of the world?

Jeff-DSA

Kon Tiki said:
Wow. They just took a game that was on xbox and added a subsequential number to it. Very Nintendo.

I love how people think that Nintendo is the only offender of this...

Jak 1-3 in ONE generation
Sly 1-3 in ONE generation
GTA3, VC, SA, LCS in ONE generation
Ratchet and Clank 1-3 in ONE generation
Splinter Cell 1-87 in ONE generation

Grow up.

Shinobi

Er, why the issue with sequels now? Weren't people creaming their pants back at E3 when games with 4's, 5's, 6's and 7's following their names were being demoed for PS3? Besides, I doubt listing original game titles with names featuring "Orion", "Requim Moon", "Bubba the Chimp" or "Legend of Shigar: Claw of the Bald Eagle" is gonna mean as much to people as seeing Halo 3 or GTA 9.

mj1108 said:
Which makes me think that this list was probably contrived from fanboy wishes more than any real information.

Come on, do you really think a magazine that'd make a cover like this would do something like that?

3060000000046693.JPG

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Funky Papa said:
I'd swear that jetjevons denied this one long time ago (before it was even a rumour) Brute Force 2 sounds like an odd pick too.

As of now Sbz are a one team shop and they are currently developing The Darkness. After that they have an unnannounced project with VUG.

It is possible they will create a Riddick sequel at some point but not for a loooong time.

Speevy

Banned
phantomile co. said:
don't mean to come off as a troll, but exactly how is this line up going to attract new gamers like they said the 360 will? or are they banking on live arcade to bring in all the velocity girls of the world?

Quality in popular genres.

Variety of popular genres.

Developer support to ensure future quality and variety.

Were you expecting some JRPG's? Puppy simulators?

Jonnyram

SolidSnakex said:
Hasn't Rockstar said that VC wasn't GTA4? That'd mean SA wasn't GTA4/5 either.
Regardless of the official stance, many magazines still referred to them as GTA4 and 5 until the real names were known :p I doubt the final title will be GTA6 in this case.

element

Brute Force 2

What we know: An admission: we're not sure if Digital anvil's secret project, which we know they've been working on since the year dot, is a sequel to their meaty master-blaster of '03. And we're unsure when they'll be done (although, as they were still recruiting 360 coders back in April 2004, it's a while away). But, like a spleen, we know it's there.
See 360's power in... The tasty trillion-player squad based LIVE multiplayer.
Not going to happen.

There are way too many Bioware games rumored about. We know what two out of their three teams are doing. That they have Mass Effect and Dragon Age, and a yet to be announced project.

Rallisport Challenge 3
Doubt it.

Speevy said:
Quality in popular genres.

Variety of popular genres.

Developer support to ensure future quality and variety.
how is this going to expand that current xbox market? going off of that, it seems like they're sticking to the same gameplan. i just don't see how that line up is going to reach the super casuals that they claim they're going to get with 360.

i mean look, im not bashing the 360. im sure i'll get it's fair share of FPS, Racing, and Sports games. but as of now, it's obviously more of the same. not to say that there's anything wrong with that. i just don't see how they intend to expand the market by doing the same thing.

so once again, are they just banking on live arcade and microtransactions to bring in all the velocity girls of the world?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Yeah, sequalitis is a non-issue for me.....here are some of my favorite games of this gen:

Zelda WW
Metroid Prime
GT4
Halo2
GTA:SA
RE4
MGS3
Rallysport Challange 2
Ridge Racers

All of which are great games AND are sequels......

Not only that, but new consoles ALWAYS hype up sequels at first.....many of them are followups of good games and console makers usually like to mention sequels to popular games because they are trying to sell a new console and want to reassure their potential fanbase that the next gen version of X game is on the way for the new console......Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft all do it and so do the 3rd parties......

Of course, all 3 next-gen consoles will and do have their share of new IPs as has been the case since like forever and will continue forever....

Nothing to see here, move along....

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
phantomile co. said:
So once again, are they just banking on live arcade and microtransactions to bring in all the velocity girls of the world?

In a word:

Yes

No games or nongames like Nintendogs to attempt to bring in other audiances.

Also, that mag cover makes me apreciate how unbiased OPM really is. They do their fair share of complaining about sony consoles, more then I would expect from a Offical Mag.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
at least a force feedback wheel will be out by then, and I know EviLore, sp0rsks, bishop, amiR0x or tetsuoxb will all pitch in to buy me one.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
What do you think will happen first.....Dragona and I getting married? Or a Force Feedback wheel released Xbox 360?

Shinobi

isamu said:
at least a force feedback wheel will be out by then, and I know EviLore, sp0rsks, bishop, amiR0x or tetsuoxb will all pitch in to buy me one.

Yeah, right after the board chips in for that 60 inch HDTV you've drooled over the last five years.

Mobius_1

Banned
Fuma said:
Avalon

What we know: Cars and boats and planes. With big guns. Online. In development for yonks and playable at Climax HQ, Xbox World 360 was the first magazine in the world to publish a screenshot from the game - a game that will bring the rusty 'vehicular combat' genre back from the scrapyard, and buff it up with a unique twist - a twist that is still to be revealed...
See 360's power in... the swooningly lifelike surfaces and lighting, the specialty of Climax development tool Tomcat.

Xbox world wasn't the first mag to publish the screens. The game was announced as a PS3 title first and I think Edge had the first screens

Top Bottom