• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Legacy |OT| Designated Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarrod38

Need the tackle gif please.

iMYb4lJ.gif

Corpsepyre

Banned
I thought this season would be utter shit, but it's.....not. Surprisingly, it's quite entertaining. Just needed Bauer though. That's a big minus, but it's still working for me.

The character assassination of Tony notwithstanding, this was the best episode of the season. It was batshit crazy and entertaining. One thing I have been noticing this season, though, which I hadn't noticed in previous seasons (maybe I was too young...?), is the sketchy editing work. Like, Carter finding stuff to restrain the woman at the safehouse and restraining her ankles in a matter of seconds. Or everyone at the DNI meeting picking their things up and leaving the room in a matter of seconds. I understand that they need to make everything fit and that events occur in real-time, but I never noticed these things in previous seasons, and I attribute it to shoddy editing work.

satriales

I just can't help but get really annoyed by lots of tiny things. Last week it was Tony having years ago conveniently put a tracker on Rebecca's phone and she still had the same phone as CTU director with the tracker still on it.

This week it was the phone unlock scene. They didn't know if it was even possible to break but 2 minutes later and they have already written custom software (with graphics) and brute forced the first 3 digits (not sure it'd even work that way) and with only ~35 combinations for the last digit you'd expect it to be done instantly with the speed the graphics were changing.

Also, Tony kills the guy outside the house and is just about to go inside then there is a 5 minute ad break. We come back and Tony is still walking toward the house. Bauer-lite chooses the most open part of the house to hide in and quickly give his position away by chatting to Tony. It's like they're both purposely trying to do a bad job.

It'd be fine if the characters or story were interesting but it's just been so dull compared to any other season of 24 that I end up picking everything apart.

This is the Bauer-defenestration moment of the season. it was just awesome.

EDIT: and yeah the 'events occur in real time' aspect of the show has always been shaky but this season in particular they've been very, very loose with it.

EDIT: Also I did enjoy the tech-talk this episode. The visualisation of data being deleted by it being (slowly) replaced with a screen full of binary was particularly funny.

Sober

Yeah the really awkward part was Eric taking the time of a commercial break to approach the farmhouse on foot. He didn't even need to scout it, he had the live satellite feed LOL.

Just watching episode 9 as it's airing in the UK and I think this is where i part ways with 24, until they bring Jack, Chloe or even Kate back anyway. I'm just not into it at all and I wouldn't have stuck around this long if it was something else, at least I have Designated Survivor :)

Apoc29

Donovan: His phone has a passcode.
Andy: Oh, it's probably an encryption lock.

Dude, it's a passcode. We know what that is. You don't have to hacker speak every god damn thing!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Donovan: His phone has a passcode.
Andy: Oh, it's probably an encryption lock.

Dude, it's a passcode. We know what that is. You don't have to hacker speak every god damn thing!

That made me laugh so much. "This encryption is so hard to crack I need more time!", says the guy who hacked into every piece of machine encountered in the series so far. But sure, a 4-digit pin easily brute-forced is what is stumping you. xD

Nothing beats the SQL comment as far as technobabble goes, though

Dalek

I love how Carter and Andy are a team now. Like Jack and Chloe.

And Keith had the best moment of the season with that takedown.

Dysun

They have always played fast and loose with the events occur in real time theme, but this episode might have been the biggest offender to date

dLMN8R

So, season finale already tomorrow?

That was quick, considering that it feels like the show has been meandering for so long.

So, season finale already tomorrow?

That was quick, considering that it feels like the show has been meandering for so long.

It feels like they've a crazy amount to tie up before the end, bizarre since as you say it feels like they were filling up time for quite a few episodes this season.

Deadly

They never even referenced him in any way, it's like he never existed as a CTU agent/director.
Despite saving the country multiple times, he also has a track record for not listening and going rogue/being wanted. I'd guess he's abit of a taboo subject.

Either way there hasn't been an actual story reason to mention him anyways.

mdphilli

No kidding the one thing I was hopping would happen when he first appeared. They squandered his appearance so badly. In the end he was random goon #256

Any shred of hope I had for this show died when Tony jobbed to a one-armed Eric and then laments how he would have done something awesome if he hadn't had his arm broken. So disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom