• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

270 to win: Post your Election predictions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://www.270towin.com/presidential_map_new/maps/1v0z7.png

Ohio is now probably flipped red, but while Arizona will remain red it is a battleground state going forward.

I would laugh if this happened.

Protein

Banned
ny9yk.png

prag16

Banned
Florida early voting is looking insurmountable for Trump to overcome on election day
Silver had an article a few days ago analyzing historical early voting and final results. The correlation is positive, but very weak.

(But I guess gaf considers Silver a Trump shill at this point though.)

Hmm...
Something like this:
zGb4Y.png

-Ohio and Iowa will definitely be both be down to the wire, but Trump probably manages to take Iowa while Clinton will BARELY manage to squeak out a win in Ohio. Ohio is almost certain to be the Florida of this year; going to be a nail-biter and come down to a very low 4 digit margin.
-Based on early voting data, Nevada and Florida are both definitely Clinton.
-NC will also go Clinton as both polling and EV data there are positive for her but voting suppression nonsense, especially in primarily black areas, will hurt and it will wind up being a bit closer than polling suggests
-Georgia and Arizona will also both be nail biters. Similar to NC, the gutting of the VRA and the closing of many polling locations in Georgia and the expensiveness of the media market there prohibiting Clinton from making much of an actual pitch there will mean that Trump will take it, but it will definitely be close. While Arizona also suffers from much of the same problems the fact that Clinton has made a stronger moves there in combination with strong Latino turnout will be enough to push her over the edge while she falls short in Georgia.
-Alaska will surprise. It's elastic due to the lower population, there have been a number of polls that look good for Clinton there and Trump's unfavorables and low R turnout will be enough to give Clinton the win here. Not quite as sure of this one as I was a week ago or so though as the FBI and Comey stuff may have re-excited the R-base enough to move it back to Trump, but it's really impossible to say.
-Early voting data in Texas has been very good to the D's so far. Don't think it will be enough to push Clinton over the edge unfortunately, but I do think that Texas will be too close to call at closing, which itself will be a win.
-CO, PA, VA, NH--not too much to worry about with these. Clinton should take them all without too much worry. The only odd one out there would be NH which has had some bad polls for Clinton recently, but she should still eek it out just fine.

Oriel

Seems to be a consensus of sorts that Ohio is going to the Drumpf. Rust belt turning into the red belt.It's not surprising populist no-nothings like Trump and his lot are making in-roads there. 323-215 is the most likely final tally.

I would laugh if this happened.

NC too turning into a swing state.

LoveCake

I think it is going to be very close and a lot of people will end up ticking the Trump box when at the polling station, a Trump win, just.

3i0IoUe.png

What would happen if McDonalds publicly said that if McMullin wins Utah, they'll give free McMuffins to everyone? Would that influence anything?

ascii42

This would be interesting, and a lot of sixes.
e37JL.png

270towin has a 3rd party map option for those who wish to give McMullin Utah.

blackflag

lol nooooo
giphy.gif

And you're doing it wrong, some states shouldn't be greyed out. Unless you're saying they're going to McMullin? o_O
Also lol @ blue TX, GA

But that WA delegate that said he won't vote for Clinton tho.... Trump wins and I'm leaving out this bitch. This would be the worst timeline.

Eh I meant to quote the 269 269 map

TheFatOne

PDll3.png

Texas is the real stretch on my map. Going with my gut feeling on that one. Basing that on what's going to be record hispanic turnout
The One and Done™;223120471 said:
Um Hilary is in danger of losing FL, CO, and NH....

Wait she'd still win lol

No she isn't. Look at the early vote in FL, and come back and tell me if you is in danger of loosing. Only one of the three states you posted she is in danger of loosing(NH).

Edit: I keep flip flopping on Georgia, and Texas though. This is my hopium map. My more realistic map would be the same minus those two.

I live in South Florida and early voting is really big here. I'm hoping that since we have gone blue recently due to more young people and non-Cuban Hispanics moving here, it will balance out the Trump votes in the rest of the state. The older Cuban exile population has trended Republican in the past, but I think the younger generation (like myself) has moved away from that. Even with that, Trump is a step too far for a lot of Cubans here. My grandma who fled from Cuba is not voting for Trump, and I honestly think her son (my dad) is peeved about that. He listens to Hannity despite somewhat recognizing he's a shill, but my dad is all-in on the Hillary hate train.

Here's my pessimistic prediction:

KjeLk.png

Here's my optimistic prediction (gray for McMullin with Egg and Cheese):

QBZ1P.png

I still worry about the "lying to the polls but secretly voting for Trump" vote though.

cvxfreak

4WdHyc3.png

Reposting from the other thread. I got 51/51 in 2012 using the same thought process.

Only two I don't feel confident about are Ohio and Iowa. Just some random thoughts on those below:

Ohio: Always a close one and I can't see it deviating from the winner of the entire election in this cycle. Kasich's lack of endorsement for Trump and Lebron backing Hillary should ink out a narrow victory for her.

Iowa: Hillary hasn't polled well here recently, Kerry lost it in 2004, and the demographic shifts towards minorities don't seem as relevant here.

kmfdmpig

My less optimistic view of what will happen is below. I hope Trump gets less than 200 EC votes, but I don't see that happening now due to the FBI nonsense.

3Rl9P.png

LOL - I guess posters in the last 2 minutes are in agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom