• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

270 to win: Post your Election predictions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

You guys are too hopeful

n4DgrUv.png

Tsuna

gEg26EF.png

Need some Senate maps in here too

WmOBELf.png

I have some hope that Clinton and/or Kirkpatrick can pull a win in AZ, but I doubt it.

Maxinas

How is Trump actually doing so well? Would he be able to make it this far in any other western country?

Take a lesson from the history books and look at Hitler's rise to power.

Edit: Not comparing Trump to Hitler, but realize how easily manipulated we commoners can be when a loud man takes the stage.

Your actual prediction has Trump winning Nevada but losing the election, and your dream has Trump losing Nevada but winning the election?

I don't think Trump can win NH, which means he can't win the election.

His only chance at this point is if the transit strike depresses Turnout enough in Philly for him to win PA.

As for the latter, it's my dream map. It's not something that I actually think will happen

My dream scenario is not a Trump blowout, but a narrow victory where the Democrats win the swing states with high latino populations, but he still wins because of white labor Democrats in the midwest completely rejecting Hillary Clinton.

I made this using 538's swing state tool back around the Summer, probably after Trump was declared the R presumptive nominee before before Clinton was so declared for the D (though it had become pretty darn obvious due to critical demographics reliably not breaking for Bernie in the first several states).

I'm still pretty bullish on this map, though I'm no longer as sure about Iowa and stripey Nebraska going blue.

On the flipside, there are now a few states that seem much closer to blue than I'd expected given the early voting hubbub, somehow including Texas, Georgia, and (because of that guy who metaphorically kicked Gary in the pants) Utah.

sflufan

Banned
My nightmare scenario:

XDb4Q.png

(1) NH: the undecided voters break for Trump, not because they actually want him, but because they've already got "Clinton fatigue"
(2) PA: the SEPTA transit strike severely depresses the pro-Clinton turnout in Philadelphia and its suburbs
(3) FL: the state is already trending Trump and the increase in support among Latino voters is simply not enough to offset Clinton's depressed support among black voters.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm dead. Michigan isn't going red.

Considering the polls were amazingly wrong in the DNC primaries, it's not farfetched at all.

6Jnwd.png

Keep in mind that Pennsylvania doesn't have early voting, so everything on Election Day there. Pennsylvania's largest Exchange provider just announced that they're pulling out of it, which is going to push it even more to him.

I also believe there's a good amount of silent Trump supporters among Black and Latino Americans, as well as women, and they're not openly saying it because of fear of how they'll be looked at.

I just think overall that Trump has beaten expectations at every turn this election cycle, and I feel that this will be no different.

KingBroly

Banned
You're right about that. Unfortunately for him, those certain demographics are the only ones he has, every other demographic hates him.

These are the 2 most hated candidates in electoral history.

But for Clinton, she's under FBI investigation. And if she wins, she'll either be bogged down by the investigation to the point where she can't get anything done OR (and I hope this doesn't happen) Obama or herself will pardon her and people will revolt.

Guess I'll throw my hat in here.

Georgia, Arizona, and Alaska are all going to be close as hell, but I'm giving them to Trump this time. They will be seriously in play for Dems in 2020. Texas in 2024. Unfortunately, I think Ohio is sliding red and will only get more difficult for Dems to reclaim in 2020. Iowa I think will be red this year, but back in play for Dems in 2020.

Egg McMuffin takes Utah by the skin of his bald head.

It's humiliating that he isn't getting Goldwatered. Fact that he is even close at all is a complete embarrassment.

I agree 100%. I can't believe that he is projected to win Iowa. It makes me embarrassed to live here. It doesn't match up with what I see at all, but I live in what is probably the most liberal county in the state.

prag16

Banned
PDr89.png

If Trump can make off with NC he can squeak one out.

Either way I think he loses the popular vote by 2-3%.

Ogodei

y20m2.png

I like Ohio for Clinton, NE-3 for Clinton, Utah for McMullin, Iowa for Trump, Maine solid Clinton, Nevada's already a lost cause for Trump, Florida and North Carolina for Clinton, Arizona still for Trump.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You're right about that. Unfortunately for him, those certain demographics are the only ones he has, every other demographic hates him.

Which is a good point as well. What I'm still skeptical about is if that hate will translate into enough Hillary votes.

Which is a good point as well. What I'm still skeptical about is if that hate will translate into enough Hillary votes.
If news articles from yesterday are anything to go by, there's been record early voting in Nevada and Florida, possibly a couple other battlegrounds. Hispanics are pissed. Can't imagine why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom