• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3.0.2 update for Switch released

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
From the comments I've read on Nintendo's Facebook post, the eShop is still unavailable here in Argentina. It doesn't affect me because my account is from US, but it still sucks.

Yukinari

I like how with 4 months left in the year they decide to add the free online for those territories.

Well maybe it wont be paid until like febuary or march.

Kandinsky

From the comments I've read on Nintendo's Facebook post, the eShop is still unavailable here in Argentina. It doesn't affect me because my account is from US, but it still sucks.
Well obviously, this is just for online play, which you couldn't do before today with an account from those countries.

Volotaire

giphy.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I wonder when we're gonna get an actual substantial update. Like adding cloud saves maybe? Or anything that allows for save backups? It's been out of 6 months and nothing of note has been added.

indask8

I'm a bit disappointed with the switch updates so far

The early days of switch firmware feels like the end of life of the PSP.

I guess they truly focus on gaming only.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'm a bit disappointed with the switch updates so far

The early days of switch firmware feels like the end of life of the PSP.

I guess they truly focus on gaming only.

I do not think it is a valid excuse. Bubbles aside, minus design bit, PS Vita OS was just as fast as Switch OS on a much less powerful hardware and had a lot of non gaming features in addition to many of the same features you can enjoy on Switch and other gaming consoles. I think that we are setting the bar too low of lack of features can just be brushed away with a “at least the UI is fast” as Vita demonstrated you can have both.

This is not to diss the Switch and call it trash, but it ain’t perfect either ;).

Teppic

I do not think it is a valid excuse. Bubbles aside, minus design bit, PS Vita OS was just as fast as Switch OS on a much less powerful hardware and had a lot of non gaming features in addition to many of the same features you can enjoy on Switch and other gaming consoles. I think that we are setting the bar too low of lack of features can just be brushed away with a “at least the UI is fast” as Vita demonstrated you can have both.
Vita isn't that fast. The app approach for everything makes it slow.

klaushm

Will try to change my address to Brazil and see if I can buy anything on eShop.

At least their app on Play Store is accessible for me to install now.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Vita isn't that fast. The app approach for everything makes it slow.

No way.., PS Vita is a lot faster than you seem to recall and the HW had a lot LOT less RAM and CPU performance available / dedicated to the OS to begin with. Maybe you are thinking of the Wii U ;).

You are talking about a console with 256 MB total of main RAM and 4 Cortex A9 at a fraction of the clock speed of Switch CPU cores.

Nintendo really need to sort their shit out, and implement a way to transfer game saves and purchases. I mean there are a bunch of other things I could also mention, but this in particular seems pretty shitty. My Switch is needing to be replaced because of both the Joy Con issue, and because the screen is popping out, but I really don't fancy losing everything on the device.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I would love some customization options for the Switch's OS screens. Just being able to change between white and grey/black background really isn't much. The simplicity is nice, but i feel it needs some jazzing up a bit.

Platy

Im Brazilian

Will try to change my address to Brazil and see if I can buy anything on eShop.

At least their app on Play Store is accessible for me to install now.

Confirmed that no. Eshop in BRL not available. Just online play for BR accounts.

A good time to remember everyone watching that we have a BrazilGAF on the community side. Discussions both in huehueportuguese and english are welcome. Sometimes na mesma sentence

Garou

Nintendo really need to sort their shit out, and implement a way to transfer game saves and purchases. I mean there are a bunch of other things I could also mention, but this in particular seems pretty shitty. My Switch is needing to be replaced because of both the Joy Con issue, and because the screen is popping out, but I really don't fancy losing everything on the device.

Purchases have been transferable since day one.

4.0 will still be a ways off. It's always weird when people expect big features in a .x update. I think they're implementing new features at a fair pace, though there are still big things missing of course. Lack of save back-ups 6 months out is inexcusable.
Refresher:

2.0.0 (6 months ago)
Playing games online with multiplayer features
Adding friends
Sharing Album screenshots to Facebook and Twitter
Browsing and purchasing content on Nintendo eShop
Receiving News relating to games, Nintendo eShop discounts, and promotions
Earning My Nintendo points for game card (retail version)
Update game software
Turn on the TV automatically when placing the Nintendo Switch console in the Nintendo Switch dock with HDMI-CEC
Display the battery percentage on the HOME Menu
Format the microSD card

3.0.0 (2 months ago)
Register a channel to receive News for specific games
Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
Receive notifications when your Friends go online
Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
Change display colors to Inverted Colors or Grayscale
Connect a USB keyboard to the dock to type whenever the keyboard is on the screen
Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication
Update connected controllers
Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software

Top Bottom