• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 new OBLIVION pics from TGS **drool**

sp0rsk said:
would be awesome on the revo.
So are we going to have to put up with this sort of bullshit remark in every thread about a game that won't ever see release on Revolution?

Anyway, the game looks great, and I loved Morrowind so I expect to be totally addicted to this when I get it.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Only the Forest shot impresses me now. The truth is that since the game world is so large the graphics won't be as good as other smaller more confined games and its starting to show. I played the F.E.A.R. demo recently and being able to play something that looks that good on my current PC makes me feel something like Oblivion isn't as unique anymore at least graphically. Since current PC Hardware can be used to play this game I expect even something like the Revolution wouldn't have too much of a problem pulling this off anymore.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Optimistic said:
So are we going to have to put up with this sort of bullshit remark in every thread about a game that won't ever see release on Revolution?

Anyway, the game looks great, and I loved Morrowind so I expect to be totally addicted to this when I get it.

How is it a Bullshit remark? Its not like he said that about a 1st Party MS game like PDZ that could never come to the Revolution. I mean its not like Oblivion is a 360 exclusive or anything so whats the problem with him stating his opinion. PC and 360 owners are looking foward to Oblivion calm down.

Shaheed79 said:
Only the Forest shot impresses me now. The truth is that since the game world is so large the graphics won't be as good as other smaller more confined games and its starting to show. I played the F.E.A.R. demo recently and being able to play something that looks that good on my current PC makes me feel something like Oblivion isn't as unique anymore at least graphically. Since current PC Hardware can be used to play this game I expect even something like the Revolution wouldn't have too much of a problem pulling this off anymore.

Unless it doesn't have the RAM. I wonder if Nintendo will go for 512MB?

Anyway, yeah these shots are growing a little stale, especially because it doesn't look like there are any shadows. I would think they'd be turned on by this point if they're going to be there at all.

MetalAlien

Banned
All the games I've seen look great.. I am buying a new console for the bettee graphics and the new games....

I have a feeling I will only be buying the generation after that for new games alone. I really couldn't ask for better graphics than what I've seen so far.

Xellos

Dracos said:
Looks nice as usual, but I don't know why I'm not impressed with it anymore.

Same here; guess I'm getting pretty jaded with uber-graphics showcases like MGS4 floating around. I still really want to play it though. Morrowind was one of my favorite games last gen. I absolutely loved the freedom of exploration the game offered. I'm holding out for a PS3 version of Oblivion. AFAIK Bethesda hasn't ruled that out yet. If nothing comes of that I'll just pick it up for PC or X360 down the road.

Fix

Banned
Xenon said:
649_0003.jpg

For some this reason this photo perfectly captures the 360 at the TGS ;)

Deer in the headlights?

Sho Nuff

Banned
I also lose all urge to play the sequel to one of my favorite PC RPG's after seeing pictures of homosexual grandpas in rubber pants.

eso76

Seriously, this is one of my most wanted titles, but i wish bethesda stopped releasing screenshots that all look alike.
That's why it doesn't impress anymore, mgs4 has nothing to do with it : )
Damn you, Bethesda, why don't you take your character on the top of a mountain and release a screenshot from which we can see what's the draw distance for once ?
I really can't help thinking Oblivion has some serious fogging at this point.
Yeah, i know Steve said otherwise, but they should prove it : P

Doube D

Sho Nuff said:
I also lose all urge to play the sequel to one of my favorite PC RPG's after seeing pictures of homosexual grandpas in rubber pants.

damn, so solid snake was the one that molested you eh? poor guy.

jett

D-Member
Xenon said:
649_0003.jpg

For some this reason this photo perfectly captures the 360 at the TGS ;)

:lol :lol :lol

Looks nice as usual. I've always loved the forest environments in Oblivion. I don't dig the character design at all, though. :p

Does this game require the harddrive? Or do they have to make it so that it works on all X360s?

And jesus christ some of you guys are bitter towards the MGS4 trailer. HUR HUR HALVE OUR COOTSCEENS NO GAHMEAPLyAY RASLARKER. Fuck.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Sholmes said:
Does this game require the harddrive? Or do they have to make it so that it works on all X360s?

And jesus christ some of you guys are bitter towards the MGS4 trailer. HUR HUR HALVE OUR COOTSCEENS NO GAHMEAPLyAY RASLARKER. Fuck.

Bethesda said they recommend getting the Premium Xbox 360 because Oblivion will use it for caching but like all other Xbox 360 games it is required to run without a HDD. I think the only exceptions would be MMORPGs.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Optimistic said:

Would you not want to play this game with the revo controller?

I bet the bethseda guys are looking into it riiiiiiiiiiight now! Or atleast i hope they are.

I wanna know what stevemeister thinks.

Ben Sones

Insertia said:
After seeing that mgs4 trailer it's difficult for me to be impressed with this stuff.

When a Metal Gear game has an open-ended world the size of Morrowind or Daggerfall, then you can compare apples to apples. In the meantime, those pics are damn impressive.

Optimistic said:

Yes. In addition to the "MGS4 looks better than that.. yawn" standard remarks. It's funny, I have the feeling that folks who are using MGS4 as their standard for how good a game has to look before they get interested aren't going to be playing many games for the next few years.

HokieJoe said:
Yeah, Comcast's layout is pretty goofy.

Anyway, go to Comcast's homepage, sign in, and then go to Online Storage. Once there, you'll see the option to upload files.

If that doesn't work, go HERE, (Homepage/Personal Web Pages/Advanced Tools- at the bottom), and create a named directory (under Manage Directories). Then, go back to online storage and upload your files.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks I'm a Comcast subscriber as well, and needed to know that info. ;)

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Phoenix said:
I'll ping him, but I'm pretty sure he's busy doing build stuff.

Vark's right, the shots are all from parts of the E3 demo, but taken from X360 instead of from the PC version.

Top Bottom