• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 open world HD remasters coming soon which ones are you getting?

Fractal

Banned
GTA V on the PC, definitely. In my case, it's not really a remaster. Aside from that, I'll eventually replay Sleeping Dogs, and that Definitive Edition will come in handy. As for SR IV, I think I'm done with that one for good. Played it, enjoyed it, and called it a day.

GTA V. I haven't played the original yet.

I was interested in the SR IV expansion but not so much now. I liked SD a lot, but I played the hell out of it on PC, and it's way too short of a game.

Gaogaogao

does sleepy dogs have any new stuff in it?

i just want gat out of hell, if its any good

havent played gtav yet, stiiiill waiting on the pc version.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not paying full price twice for the same game, so GTA is out (might pick it up later on for a lot less). The others I'm not very interested in. So probably none.

Travo

If I hadn't played GTAV, I would've gladly bought that one. I'm kind of burned out on the train formula right now.

olimpia84

GTA V first since I've been waiting for this version basically ever since the game released. I'll wait for a price drop on Sleeping Dogs. Not interested in SR at all, hate that series.

Hollycat

I have the PC versions of Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row, so I dont see them being too much better in the rereleases, so I'll just get GTAV when it's on sale.

Freeman

Banned
GTAV. Double dip for PC but not at release. I might give SR a chance when its dirt cheap. I didn't like Sleeping Dogs very much.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Interesting, people seem way more open to a full price remaster for GTA compared to TLOU, SD or any other re-release.
I agree. It's ironic how the game gets a pass while it already sols millions compared to a remaster like TLoU.

Rockstar baaically knows they can do it.

Salvadora

I agree. It's ironic how the game gets a pass while it already sols millions compared to a remaster like TLoU.

Rockstar baaically knows they can do it.
Ironic?

GTA V is getting a lot more work put into it compared to TLoU and suffered from technical problems on the last generation of consoles.

I already have Sleeping Dogs on PC (and it's boring anyway)

Saints Row 4 was a terrible game that should never have made its first release, nevermind a second one.

GTA 5 is the best game of the 3 but runs like shit in its current form.

The answer is pretty obvious.

Sleeping Dogs. Great fun for a few hours, but outstayed its welcome by dragging on way too long, got incredibly boring and there is nothing else to do. I never want to play it again.

GTA5. Great fun for a few hours and didn't outstay its welcome. But there is nothing else to do, so I don't feel the need to play it again.

Saints Row 4. Great fun for a few hours, but is it really? It is hard to say. Shouldn't I be doing something better with my life? Isn't there a better way the time could be spent? I'm sure there is and I feel bad for spending some of my precious time on earth with this game. I'd be doing pretty badly if I played this again.

So not really keen for any of them. Maybe GTA5 if the DLC is spiffy.

Cheska

Out of all of those I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs the most, so I'll likely be getting that once there's a sale or deal. I don't usually like to spend full price when it's something I technically already own.

Tizoc

People going with the mainstream choice I see, not that I'm criticizing mind you.

Why not wait for GTA5 to go cheap :V
I know I'll grab it for dirt cheap whenever I can.

Saints Row can go suck a fat one.

GTA for sure, Idk about Sleeping Dogs yet, and fuck no to SR4 lol.

Don't give a shit about Saints Row anymore.

SRIV was awful

Not interested in SR at all, hate that series.

Saints Row 4 was a terrible game that should never have made its first release, nevermind a second one.

Saints Row 4. Great fun for a few hours, but is it really? It is hard to say. Shouldn't I be doing something better with my life? Isn't there a better way the time could be spent? I'm sure there is and I feel bad for spending some of my precious time on earth with this game. I'd be doing pretty badly if I played this again.

This is why we can't have nice things

bobawesome

None of them, although GTA V would be the most appealing. I had my fill of the game already and it doesn't seem worth it to double dip.

I'll be playing them all, I believe. I won't be able to play GTA V at launch, though, so it'll have to wait.

Really liked all 3 games.

BasilZero

GTAV for PC

Saints Row IV in the future.

Not getting SD because I have the original with all the DLC and still need to play it :p

Fbh

None :D

With so many NEW games comming in the next 6 months (AC Unity, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age, Bloodborne, Evolve, The Witcher 3, Bayonetta 2, Smash WiiU, etc, etc, etc) I'd rather spend my time and money on those than on remasters of games I already played and own.

Out of those 3 my favorite one was probably Sleeping Dogs, but even then it wasn't good enough to buy it twice.

bender

What time is it?
GTA V is a maybe but I'm leaning towards no. The only reason it is on my radar is there isn't much coming out that interests me. I finished the game on the PS3 and I'm not sure I'd enjoy a second play through.

Fractal

Banned
This is why we can't have nice things
Yeah, I'm surprised by GAF's disdain for SR IV. For me, it was one of the most pleasant surprises of 2013. At first, it did seem over the top and I expected it'd suck, but since I loved the previous installments, decided to give it a try, and was blown away. The game was surprisingly fun to play, and I even enjoy the writting, there was some surprisingly clever humor in there. I'd easily call it the peak of SR franchise!

Top Bottom