• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30 Games Fully Optimized on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Launch Day

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Source: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/15/30-optimized-games-on-xbox-series-x-and-s-on-launch-day/

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery)
  • Borderlands 3 (Smart Delivery)
  • Bright Memory 1.0
  • Cuisine Royale (Smart Delivery)
  • Dead by Daylight (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
  • DIRT 5 (Smart Delivery)
  • Enlisted
  • Evergate
  • The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
  • Fortnite
  • Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Gears Tactics (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Grounded (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • King Oddball (Smart Delivery)
  • Maneater (Smart Delivery)
  • Manifold Garden (Smart Delivery)
  • NBA 2K21
  • Observer: System Redux
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
  • Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • War Thunder (Smart Delivery)
  • Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)
  • WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Smart Delivery)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)
  • Yes, Your Grace (Smart Delivery)
Nice selection for day 1. Other games like Rainbow Six Siege, Destiny 2, Doom Eternal, and Cyberpunk will be coming later.

Edit: As others mentioned below COD will also be enhanced but the game does not come out until 3 days after the Series X so it is not included in the above list. Lots of games will be getting enhanced in the launch window as well. Bungie announced that Destiny 2 will be receiving an enhancement patch on Dec 8th on both Xbox and PlayStation.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So Cyberpunk being later is because it launches 7 days after right? Right? 😭

I know the actual next gen version won't be until next year at the earliest, but I'm hoping we still see some improvements when playing it on Series X and PS5

Papacheeks

Banned
Not launch day. These are just games that will be available Nov 10. Pedantic I know.

Nothin in that list of games looks appealing. To me anyway. I'm just jaded on third party games at the moment. Unless it's something like Doom, or something along those lines it doesn't excite me.

Outside of a couple Playstation games, and cyberpunk there isn't much on either side that excites me.

Hopefully early 2021 will be a little more exciting.

Zimmy68

I think this is great news but we are a month away, where are the videos of enhanced Borderlands 3 or Sea of Thieves?

bender

What time is it?
Sea of Thieves.

Omg I need to see that game optimized for Series X
giphy.gif

Codes 208

I believe Halo 5 ran with a dynamic rez in both Campaign and Multi so that would max out at the very least.
Yes, it’ll max out but I would love to see other enhancements like 120fps. Gears is getting updates so there’s no reason why their biggest flagship shouldn’t. Especially since infinite was delayed and more people will be playing mcc/5 for awhile longer

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yes, it’ll max out but I would love to see other enhancements like 120fps. Gears is getting updates so there’s no reason why their biggest flagship shouldn’t. Especially since infinite was delayed and more people will be playing mcc/5 for awhile longer

The teams are already working on MCC for PC and Infinite so I am assuming it would have taken away resources from that.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
They may not be "fully optimized" in ever instance, but at least some of them are getting a real patch instead of nothing. And some actually are fully optimized......so move along.

For me, these are important:
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery)
DIRT 5 (Smart Delivery)
Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
NBA 2K21
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)

It's a nice list going into the holidays, never did play gears 5 and barely got into Forza 4, plus NBA should be fun.

I'm surprised there is no footage of forza horizon 4 on series x even if its not enhanced yet its infamous for how long it takes to get inside the game takes like 2 minutes on one x

Top Bottom