• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

31 Playable Vita titles at TGS, 18 Unknown (Sony announces TGS lineup)

kadotsu

Banned
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/01/sony_tgs_lineup/

In the PlayStation Vita Zone, you'll find:

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works)
Dynasty Warriors Next (Tecmo Koei)
Asphalt Injection (Konami)
New Little King Story (Konami)
Mahjong Fight Club (Konami)
Shinobido 2 (Acquire)
Power Smash 4 (Sega)
Uncharted (Sony)
Gravity Daze (Sony)
Hot Shots Golf Next (Sony)
Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru (Chunsoft)
Disgaea 3 Return (Nippon Ichi)
Ridge Racer (Namco Bandai)
The booth will also have 18 unannounced Vita games.

In the PlayStation 3 zone:

Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts)
Dragon's Dogma (Capcom)
Asura's Wrath (Capcom)
Street Fighter x Tekken (Capcom)
Dynasty Warriors 7 Extreme Legends (Tecmo Koei)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Tecmo Koei)
Winning Eleven 2012 (Konami)
Metal GEar Solid HD Edition (Konami)
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Edition (Konami)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
Binary Domain (Sega)
Uncharted 3 (Sony)
ICO (Sony)
Shadow of the Colossus (Sony)
Ratchet & Clank All 4 One (Sony)
God of War HD Collection (Sony)
Hot Shots Golf PS3 the Best (Sony)
Happy Charlie to Soratobu Carnival (Sony)
Ni no Kuni (Level-5)
The PS3 zone will also have three unannounced titles.

I also wonder if Ridge Racer is the real game or the tech demo. But overall it looks pretty solid.

Like I said before, I think the Vita has had the most games ever announced pre-release compared to any other system. Crazy.

Takao

Banned
These are 18 unannounced playable games if they're at a booth. We could still see video only games.

antonz

-Pyromaniac- said:
Like I said before, I think the Vita has had the most games ever announced pre-release compared to any other system. Crazy.
Not at all. Sony simply boxed all the developers in refusing to let them speak til now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The PS3 zone will also have three unannounced titles.

RE6
Some RPG
Some HD Collection game

Please.

antonz

-Pyromaniac- said:
I'm not sure that has anything to do with what I said.....
It has everything to do with it. Sony not allowing announcements til now makes it suddenly seem so massive and impressive. If they were spread out over the past year and a half youd be just ho hum.

Controlled Perception

Kyon

Banned
omg plz have a MHP3rdG announcement
antonz said:
It has everything to do with it. Sony not allowing announcements til now makes it suddenly seem so massive and impressive. If they were spread out over the past year and a half youd be just ho hum.

Controlled Perception
wow

Takao

Banned
Shiggy said:
Sure they'll show a trailer and a finished box for Gran Turismo Vita, which is to come in 6 years.

Would anyone even want that? After GT:portable and 5 I don't think Japan would be the place to announce that.

beast786

antonz said:

Controlled Perception

NGP was revealed about 8 months ago.

Gravijah

antonz said:

Controlled Perception

thank god you stopped me. here i was getting all excited about game announcements!

antonz said:

Controlled Perception
I'm so confused, lol. I was saying that of all systems in history, I don't think any has had this many games announced before their release. I'm not just talking about specifically right now for TGS.

Sony also updated their Vita blog with some new screens for a few upcoming games

Dynasty Warriors
U5rEs.jpg

REjkc.jpg

OAFlk.jpg

Gravity Daze
aRA1C.jpg

KAsyN.jpg

xf0fL.jpg

http://psvita.jp.playstation.com/blog/playstation_vita201191_2958.html?c=0&t=0

UberTag

-Pyromaniac- said:
It's not like Japanese third-parties are developing for anything else right now.

artwalknoon said:
After TGS we're gonna have a clear idea of which system Japanese developers are betting on 3ds or vita.
Did I miss the memo where third-parties all of a sudden liked Nintendo again?

Takao

Banned
Man, it's gotta be such a kick in the balls for Siren Team if the rumors about Gravity Daze going DD-only are true.

Jarmel said:
That really looks like a Western launch lineup more than anything.

Did you look at that list? Only 2 games on it are developed in the west ....

LOCK

antonz said:

Controlled Perception
You do have a point.

But a lot of games have already been announced already.

I have a feeling that Gravity Daze will be high on visuals, but combat will be 'meh'.

I think after a while you just get a 'feel' how a japanese title plays just from snippets of gameplay footage, for better or worse. I think I've been about 75% right the past 2 years, which is way too high >.>"

Surprise me japan!

chickdigger802 said:
I have a feeling that Gravity Daze will be high on visuals, but combat will be 'meh'.

I think after a while you just get a 'feel' how a japanese title plays just from snippets of gameplay footage, for better or worse. I think I've been about 75% right the past 2 years, which is way too high >.>"

Surprise me japan!
Has talented developers behind it, that's something.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
xf0fL.jpg

Unf!!

I wonder if these 18 are actually all really unannounced games or if some are just 'unannounced for Japan'. Like...why isn't LittleBigPlanet in the list? I'm sure it's something they'd want to show there, for example.

18 unannounced games is impressive, but I'm sure that includes games that won't be playable or available to buy for 6-12 months after launch.

kadotsu

Banned
Gravijah said:
i really dislike the "gravity daze" name. it's really generic and doesn't fit the game at all.
It was called "Gravity Rush" at gamescom, which is porbably the western name. I personally like daze better.

josh_tarrant said:
WHAT - there is a new little king story???

Has there been any details on this?

yeah, but the 'new' part might be exaggerated

so far it sounds like a port of the Wii game with a different visual style and touch controls

chickdigger802 said:
hmm aren't those the patapon/locoroco fellas? Do they have any history with the action/platforming genre?
The guy who created Silent Hill is the director, that's what I meant by talent. Keiichiro Toyama.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
chickdigger802 said:
hmm aren't those the patapon/locoroco fellas? Do they have any history with the action/platforming genre?

I think it's the guys who made Siren. i could be wrong.

Key2001

gofreak said:
I wonder if these 18 are actually all really unannounced games or if some are just 'unannounced for Japan'. Like...why isn't LittleBigPlanet in the list? I'm sure it's something they'd want to show there, for example.

Could the titles listed be launch titles? It was stated LBP is not a launch title and would explain why it isn't on the list.

Top Bottom