• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

31 Playable Vita titles at TGS, 18 Unknown (Sony announces TGS lineup)

gofreak said:
Also, from what Sony showed before playable (at Gamescom/E3 etc.) I figured in the other thread that Sony could have upwards of 30 games playable at TGS. This list + 18 = 31. So I'm increasingly unsure if all the other 18 are really 'new new'.

Yeah, I think you're right. There are some suspicious absences on this list (Little Big Planet, Uncharted Golden Abyss), so they'll probably largely make up the remaining 18 unannounced games.

Either way, it's still an impressive lineup for a pre-release show!

electroplankton said:
Looking last year 3DS line-up, I'd say no.
Crazy talk. By the time the vita is released it will have AT LEAST double the amount of games 3DS had announced. Keep in mind I'm not saying released, just talking about general announcements.

Takao

Banned
DigiQ AR Combat:

AR%20Digi%201.jpg

AR%20Digi%202.jpg

AR%20Digi%303.jpg

It's a PSN game in Japan. I'd buy it for like $5.

Gravijah said:
i really dislike the "gravity daze" name. it's really generic and doesn't fit the game at all.

Is may or may not be "Gravity Rush" now. I liked Gravity Daze better.

josh_tarrant said:
WHAT - there is a new little king story???

Has there been any details on this?

Nuclear Muffin said:
18 unannounced games is impressive, but I'm sure that includes games that won't be playable or available to buy for 6-12 months after launch.

Why would unplayable games be at a booth?

chickdigger802 said:
hmm aren't those the patapon/locoroco fellas? Do they have any history with the action/platforming genre?

It is from the Siren Team. We have no clue what the LocoRoco team are up to (they haven't released a new game in 2 years).

josh_tarrant said:
WHAT - there is a new little king story???

Has there been any details on this?

check yourself before you wreck yourself

Nuclear Muffin said:
Yeah, I think you're right. There are some suspicious absences on this list (Little Big Planet, Uncharted Golden Abyss), so they'll probably largely make up the remaining 18 unannounced games.

Either way, it's still an impressive lineup for a pre-release show!

It's on the list ...

Jarmel

Banned
Takao said:
Man, it's gotta be such a kick in the balls for Siren Team if the rumors about Gravity Daze going DD-only are true.

Did you look at that list? Only 2 games on it are developed in the west ....

A game doesn't have to be developed in the west to appeal to a western market. Unless some of these franchises are major hits in the East, alot of these games really strike me as something that would do well in the West.

watershed

Banned
electroplankton said:
Looking last year 3DS line-up, I'd say no.
I wonder it that's what its gonna be like. With the 3ds prior to launch it seemed to have ridiculous 3rd party support, now very few of them are out and only a handful are quality titles.

The Vita line up looks crazy pre-launch as well but is it the same situation as the 3ds?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Key2001 said:
Could the titles listed be launch titles? It was stated LBP is not a launch title and would explain why it isn't on the list.

The list is playable games...launch or no I would guess.

I don't see much reason why LBP wouldn't be playable at TGS.

Same for a number of others we already know about - but maybe haven't technically been announced for Japan? Like...Malicious, Dragon's Crown, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mr Ink Jet etc etc. Surely could or should all be playable?

Are we sure when Sony says 'unannounced' that it shouldn't really be translated as 18 other games 'to be announced' for TGS?

Bento

Jarmel said:
A game doesn't have to be developed in the west to appeal to a western market. Unless some of these franchises are major hits in the East, alot of these games really strike me as something that would do well in the West.
What games besides Uncharted are you referring to? I'd agree with Ridge Racer and maybe Hot Shots but I don't think any of the other brands are especially big in the west.

chickdigger802 said:
hmm aren't those the patapon/locoroco fellas? Do they have any history with the action/platforming genre?

Gravity Daze team is the team that made survival horror Siren, I'm honestly worried about the control and combat because Siren's control and combat is clunky as hell, although some like to argue that bad control is intentional in horror game to make you feel more tense and fearful.

Key2001

gofreak said:
The list is playable games...launch or no I would guess.

I don't see much reason why LBP wouldn't be playable at TGS.

Same for a number of others we already know about - but maybe haven't technically been announced for Japan? Like...Malicious, Dragon's Crown, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mr Ink Jet etc etc. Surely could or should all be playable?

Are we sure when Sony says 'unannounced' that it shouldn't really be translated as 18 other games 'to be announced' for TGS?

You could say the same thing about many of the other titles that are listed. Why are they there and others are not?

Takao

Banned
Jarmel said:

Outside of like Virtua Tennis, and maybe Little King's Story the Japanese developed games aren't targeted for a western audience specifically. Ridge Racer, Hot Shots, Dynasty Warriors, and Blazblue will put up some decent numbers for what they are.

SamBishop

Banned
Jarmel said:
That really looks like a Western launch lineup more than anything.

Believe me, you haven't even seen the Western launch lineup.

gofreak said:
Also, from what Sony showed before playable (at Gamescom/E3 etc.) I figured in the other thread that Sony could have upwards of 30 games playable at TGS. This list + 18 = 31. So I'm increasingly unsure if all the other 18 are really 'new new'.

It's a list straight from Sony. They tend to be very up front about properly unannounced titles. For instance, PixelJunk Lifelike and Sly 4 were specifically mentioned as breakout sessions of unannounced games at E3. They're good like that. Plus, Anoop's old-school. He's pretty good about pointing out questionable word choice in official PR stuff.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Key2001 said:
You could say the same thing about many of the other titles that are listed. Why are they there and others are not?

I think the list is what they wish to confirm for TGS now, with others 'to be announced' later.

I don't think it means the games are necessarily unannounced.

To put a bit of colour on what I'm saying, these are the games they've confirmed for TGS:

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works)
Dynasty Warriors Next (Tecmo Koei)
Asphalt Injection (Konami)
New Little King Story (Konami)
Mahjong Fight Club (Konami)
Shinobido 2 (Acquire)
Power Smash 4 (Sega)
Uncharted (Sony)
Gravity Daze (Sony)
Hot Shots Golf Next (Sony)
Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru (Chunsoft)
Disgaea 3 Return (Nippon Ichi)
Ridge Racer (Namco Bandai)

These are games not on that list that were playable at other shows (IIRC):

LittleBigPlanet
F1 2011
Smart As
Wipeout 2048
Resistance: Burning Skies (don't tell me Sony wouldn't bring this to TGS - they had a big Resistance booth a previous year :p)
Hustle Kings
Reality Fighters
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Sound Shapes
Mr Ink Jet
Modnation Racers
Ruin
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Forbisher Says!

Other candidates - not playable before, but likely IMO:

Street Fighter X Tekken
Dragon's Crown
Lumines
Falcom RPG (?)

Adding all those up comes at over 30 games. So there's plenty of scope for many or all of those 18 to be known I think.

Of course, this would make sense anyway. I'd expect the 30 playables to be those games coming early in its life. New announcements are far more likely to show up on video than as suddenly, publicly, playable demos.

AwShucks

I need to know if Lumines will have good music like the first one or crap music like every one that followed it.

First one is still one of the best games on the PSP.

gofreak said:
I think the list is what they wish to confirm for TGS now, with others 'to be announced' later.

I don't think it means the games are necessarily unannounced.

To put a bit of colour on what I'm saying, these are the games they've confirmed for TGS:

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works)
Dynasty Warriors Next (Tecmo Koei)
Asphalt Injection (Konami)
New Little King Story (Konami)
Mahjong Fight Club (Konami)
Shinobido 2 (Acquire)
Power Smash 4 (Sega)
Uncharted (Sony)
Gravity Daze (Sony)
Hot Shots Golf Next (Sony)
Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru (Chunsoft)
Disgaea 3 Return (Nippon Ichi)
Ridge Racer (Namco Bandai)

These are games not on that list that were playable at other shows (IIRC):

LittleBigPlanet
F1 2011
Smart As
Wipeout 2048
Resistance: Burning Skies (don't tell me Sony wouldn't bring this to TGS - they had a big Resistance booth a previous year :p)
Hustle Kings
Reality Fighters
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Sound Shapes
Mr Ink Jet
Modnation Racers
Ruin
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Forbisher Says!

Street Fighter X Tekken
Dragon's Crown
Lumines
Falcom RPG (?)

Adding all those up comes at over 30 games. So there's plenty of scope for many or all of those 18 to be known I think.

Of course, this would make sense anyway. I'd expect the 30 playables to be those games coming early in its life. New announcements are far more likely to show up on video than as suddenly, publicly, playable demos.

Bingo. Makes perfect sense.

Takao

Banned
I'd actually say a bunch of those games Gofreak lists likely won't be there. I can't see some of those games being localized.

duffyside said:
... Another new Hot Shots Golf other than the Vita one? This is a new announcement, right? And if so, awesome! I love Hot Shots Golf!

"The Best" indicates a re-release. In Japan Hot Shots Golf 5 is getting a re-release next month with 3D and Move support.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Crazy talk. By the time the vita is released it will have AT LEAST double the amount of games 3DS had announced. Keep in mind I'm not saying released, just talking about general announcements.

Uhm... No.
Vita will have a lot of porting as well (it's common for a new console, nothing new), but I can't find title with the importance of Revelations or Dream Drom Distance from third parties.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Takao said:
I'd actually say a bunch of those games Gofreak lists likely won't be there. I can't see some of those games being localized.

True. I think these are all pretty likely candidates though:

LittleBigPlanet
F1 2011 (does Codies release these in Japan)
Smart As
Wipeout 2048
Resistance: Burning Skies
Reality Fighters
Super Stardust Delta
Sound Shapes
Mr Ink Jet
Modnation Racers
Ruin

Street Fighter X Tekken
Dragon's Crown
Lumines
Falcom RPG (?)

That'd be 15 games...something like Escape Plan might even make the cut too, dunno.

Jarmel

Banned
Takao said:
Outside of like Virtua Tennis, and maybe Little King's Story the Japanese developed games aren't targeted for a western audience specifically. Ridge Racer, Hot Shots, Dynasty Warriors, and Blazblue will put up some decent numbers for what they are.

Fighters and racers also do well in the usa. Then the major launch title with probably the largest budget of all those games is a shooter. I'm not sure how Gravity Daze is being perceived over in Japan but it seems to be gaining a fanbase in the West.

electroplankton said:
Uhm... No.
Vita will have a lot of porting as well (it's common for a new console, nothing new), but I can't find title with the importance of Revelations or Dream Drom Distance from third parties.
Porting doesn't take away from what I'm saying. This really isn't a comparison I'm trying to make nor is it a dig at the 3DS. I'm just observing that I don't recall a system ever having so many things announced before its release regardless of the quality you think the titles do or do not have.

Announced does not equal available on vita launch date, but lets see. Some sweet stuff in there, Gravity daze looks awesome.

Still no The Last Guardian, Garrrgllraaahh!!!!

Duffyside

Banned
Takao said:

"The Best" indicates a re-release. In Japan Hot Shots Golf 5 is getting a re-release next month with 3D and Move support.
Ah, ok, thanks. Still happy enough about the Vita version.

weeaboo said:
How are the odds for a DMC HD Collection to be one of the PS3 announcements?

There have been rumors about that for some time now. Capcom held a contest for DMC fan art that would be used for an "upcoming game". That was for its 10th anniversary.

Supervlieg said:
Still no The Last Guardian, Garrrgllraaahh!!!!

That just means that it won't be playable. It could still be there in trailer form.

Fou-Lu

Honestly not many of the announced games interest me, but I am keeping my eye on Vita and since it is coming out near my birthday will almost assuredly be getting one. I did love my PSP after all, possibly more than my DS as a JRPG lover. All Sony has to do is announce downloadable PS2 titles for Vita and it will be my favorite gaming device of all time, even with the horrible UI and awkward looking thumbsticks.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Porting doesn't take away from what I'm saying. This really isn't a comparison I'm trying to make nor is it a dig at the 3DS. I'm just observing that I don't recall a system ever having so many things announced before its release regardless of the quality you think the titles do or do not have.

Actually, I do remember 3DS had a lot of titles before it was released, a lot. Among Nintendo titles, there were at least 10 games; Level-5 had 5 titles; Square Enix before the launch of 3DS announced 3 titles, Ubisoft at least 5, Capcom 4, Namco Bandai had 7! Tecmo Koei 2 which were launch games or almost, Konami and EA had some (2 or 3) and so on. There were plenty of games, so I don't see a particular situation for Vita. Also PS2 had many games announced before it was released.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works) not so sold with beu on portable
New Little King Story (Konami) might double dip
Uncharted (Sony) yesss
Disgaea 3 Return (Nippon Ichi) yess
The booth will also have 18 unannounced Vita games. hope for something good

Dragon's Dogma (Capcom) seems nice
Asura's Wrath (Capcom) yay
Street Fighter x Tekken (Capcom) i'll just bite
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Tecmo Koei) yes
Metal GEar Solid HD Edition (Konami) bought
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Edition (Konami) bought!
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) let's hope..
Uncharted 3 (Sony) now we're talking!
ICO (Sony) needless to say
Shadow of the Colossus (Sony) ditto
God of War HD Collection (Sony) might double dip
Ni no Kuni (Level-5) no us release date is bad
The PS3 zone will also have three unannounced titles. hope for the best!

witchedwiz said:
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works) not so sold with beu on portable
New Little King Story (Konami) might double dip
Uncharted (Sony) yesss
Disgaea 3 Return (Nippon Ichi) yess
The booth will also have 18 unannounced Vita games. hope for something good

You and jrpgeye should be very happy to play another NI porting :)

weeaboo

PSP Lineup

Frontier Gate
Final Fantasy Type-0
Yakuza Black Panther 2
Hatsune Muku Project Diva Extend
Oreshika

+ 1 unannounced game

Bye PSP ;_;

boingball

mind blown. Is Sony really intending to deliver a killer lineup with the Vita release?
This does not sound like the Sony of the past.
Well, we will see how many of those games are actually available in the launch window.
(in fact, I am kind of hoping not all of those make it, about a dozen of those announced games I might buy. Thats a lot of money and even more time needed...)

My hype for Vita rises week after week! I'm sure we'll see some ports but as long as there are some original games I'm still excited. Really hoping Ridge Racer is a proper RR game, not that sound demo and is playable.

klee123

I'm more interested in what's gonna be announced than what's gonna be playable.

I expect some pretty big Japanese third party games announced for the Vita during TGS.

mocoworm

I haven't owned a SONY machine since the PS1 (chose the Microsoft / Nintendo route) , but I cannot wait for the VITA.... cannot... wait !! :D

mocoworm

LOVE & TRUTH said:
But without trophies, right? Weird situation.

Wait ! The VITA will not have trophies ?? Surely they are integrating the trophy system from the PSN into it. Can anyone confirm ?

Takao

Banned
mocoworm said:
Wait ! The VITA will not have trophies ?? Surely they are integrating the trophy system from the PSN into it. Can anyone confirm ?

Yes, the Vita has trophies. It's been seen in basically every OS demonstration, lol.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Gravity Daze and Uncharted are by far my Vita choice of killer apps. They both just look consistently amazing.

This is just generation one stuff, just imagine where this motherfucking tech monster will travel years down the road!

gogogow

Wow, no The Last Guardian? Team Ico (and PD) is using the entire generation to make ONE game. I don't know how big/small the team is, but maybe they need to expand, if the game is too ambitious for them. Or SCEJ needs a tighter grip on them.

mocoworm said:

He was talking about the PS3 Hot Shots rerelease.

gogogow said:
Wow, no The Last Guardian? Team Ico (and PD) is using the entire generation to make ONE game. I don't know how big/small the team is, but maybe they need to expand, if the game is too ambitious for them. Or SCEJ needs a tighter grip on them.

Maybe it will be playable to media only behind closed doors?

De-mon

gogogow said:

PD developed GT for PSP.

The list is only about the playable games. TLG should be in Sony press conference.

Jonnyram

electroplankton said:
Uhm... No.
Capcom and Square Enix haven't even announced their Vita line-up yet. Coincidence?

a1m

Banned
I hope at least one of the three unannounced PS3 games is an rpg. BELIEVE

Also my body is beyond ready for Vita and Gravity Daze.

Top Bottom