• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

31 Playable Vita titles at TGS, 18 Unknown (Sony announces TGS lineup)

Jonnyram said:
Capcom and Square Enix haven't even announced their Vita line-up yet. Coincidence?

Capcom has Street Fighter x Tekken, Square Enix who knows. But it's unlikely they will AAA titles for the launch period. For example, it's very unlikely Square is working on another almost main Kingdom Hearts, and since Dragon Quest is on Nintendo systems, it may have a proper Final Fantasy... But with Type-0 on PSP, XIII-2 at the end of the year and Versus XIII in production? Mmh...

gogogow

De-mon said:
PD developed GT for PSP.

The list is only about the playable games. TLG should be in Sony press conference.
Yeah, playable, it's kinda ridiculous, it's entering it's 6th year of development and it's NOT playable to the public, WHAT?

GT PSP didn't take them years to do, it's not their main focus, like GT5 was. Hell, even Yamauchi himself said they were too busing developing GT5 as a reason why GT PSP was delayed so many times from the original release date of freaking 2005!

plainr_

electroplankton said:
Capcom has Street Fighter x Tekken, Square Enix who knows. But it's unlikely they will AAA titles for the launch period. For example, it's very unlikely Square is working on another almost main Kingdom Hearts, and since Dragon Quest is on Nintendo systems, it may have a proper Final Fantasy... But with Type-0 on PSP, XIII-2 at the end of the year and Versus XIII in production? Mmh...

BbS2 Vita. Believe.

Gravity Rush looked much better than I expected when I saw it being played at GamesCom in the Vita booth. It looks like an Unreal Engine 3 game often does, but really smooth and with great art.

And yeah, I have good faith in Vita. It gets a lot of things right. I will pretty much get it for sure - the only thing I personally wonder about now is how much it will 'relieve' my iPhone of. For now it is likely to still be a little weak in the App department for instance, and the strength of the browser is still wait and see for me.

mutsu

electroplankton said:

Surely they will launch with something really lame like Final Fantasy 1 & 2 HD...

klee123

electroplankton said:

Yes, VITA IS DOOMED!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
electroplankton said:
But it's unlikely they will AAA titles for the launch period.

Can you really count stuff like KH3D or even RE:R as launch period games anymore though? Even the Snake Eater port has dropped way beyond that point too.

At least from KojiPro it looks like Vita's going to get the MGSHD package and maybe the ZOE one too, with that whole transfarring 'leak'. And beyond that even you have Kojima promising games he's making going forward will have Vita and PS3 skus.

Sony have been REALLY weird about third party announcements for Vita, holding a hell of a lot of stuff back seemingly for no reason. so everyone is really looking to TGS as the big coming out party.

Also Sony 1st party are showing with the Vita launch that theyre far more capable than Nintendo at putting together a solid launch line up for their portable system. Nintendo's glacial pace of expansion (compared to Sony's constant purchasing of quality studio's into their cabal) and trying to launch the 3DS and WiiU within a year of each other has stretched an already often empty 1st party calendar even thinner.

Jonnyram

electroplankton said:
Why are you trying so hard to troll?
KH, DQ and FF don't even factor into this. None of those series have ever given launch window games.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Anyway, unannounced or not, 31 playable titles is quite a lot at this stage.

And maybe more than any Playstation had previously at their pre-launch TGS shows? PS2 and PS3 both had 27 coincidentally. Not sure about PSP or PSone, but I sort of doubt they exceeded that (?)

And while it's subjective, I think the quality appears to be there more than at any pre-launch PS showing I can think of before. There seems to be a lot of really high quality stuff in there.

Most excited I've been for a Playstation launch since PS2 I think. There, I said it!

Dragun619

electroplankton said:

I dunno if I'm the only one who wants this, but I'm hoping SE will just port FF Type-0 to the PS Vita and release it as a PS Vita launch title in the west next year especially if they decide they're not going to localized the game for PSP.

Jonnyram

French said:
I just hope that that MH 3rd HD Vita rumor isn't true.
Which rumour is this?
Isn't it just supposed to play the PSP game, but with camera controls added on the right analog stick? I thought that's what they said at the Vita unveiling actually. Which makes me think... maybe the right analog stick is just mapped to do what the d-pad does on all PSP games played on Vita. That's how the right stick on the PS3 version seems to operate, with up and down just changing the camera angle in 4 steps, like the d-pad does.

French

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Which rumour is this?
Isn't it just supposed to play the PSP game, but with camera controls added on the right analog stick? I thought that's what they said at the Vita unveiling actually. Which makes me think... maybe the right analog stick is just mapped to do what the d-pad does on all PSP games played on Vita. That's how the right stick on the PS3 version seems to operate, with up and down just changing the camera angle in 4 steps, like the d-pad does.

It's rumored that Capcom will port MH 3rd HD ( the PS3 port of MH 3rd ) on Vita.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Jonnyram said:
Am I missing something?
That says "Monster Hunter Tri G, 3DS".
Or are you saying that the 3rd HD rumour started on GAF? lol
lol something is amiss. You even replied to said 3rd HD rumor in the thread. Was there an update I wasn't aware of?

Man

gogogow said:
Wow, no The Last Guardian? Team Ico (and PD) is using the entire generation to make ONE game. I don't know how big/small the team is, but maybe they need to expand, if the game is too ambitious for them. Or SCEJ needs a tighter grip on them.
It's moved to PS4 launch. Believe.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Jonnyram said:
Am I missing something?

[ ] Vita launch later this year, Monster Hunter 3rd HD will be announced at TGS to be a launch title.

klee123 said:
Yes, VITA IS DOOMED!

Absolutely not.
But we have seen with 3DS how many games were announced before the release... And how many titles we had in the first months. Many games are coming but usually software houses tend to avoid the launch period for their most important titles... It's always happened, and I'm doubtful PSVita will change everything.

Jonnyram said:
Why are you trying so hard to troll?
KH, DQ and FF don't even factor into this. None of those series have ever given launch window games.

Uh?
I was just stating that it's true that Square Enix has not announced anything yet so far, but it's unlikely they will announce something truly epic with all those titles spanned for every platforms and those long-term projects.

Anyway, I don't understand why so much enthusiasm for this line-up because it seems quite normal to me; Ridge Racer, Dinasty Warriors and Hot Shot Golf as launch titles? This doesn't sound new to me. There are surely some interesting titles, such as Uncharted and Gravity Daze, but overall the line-up seems on average; and I don't like porting at all, even though Disgaea 3 and Persona 4 were obvious will come on that platform.

orioto

Good Art™
Everything is not about launch windows anyway, i think it's important to announce games, even for a distant future, without any date.. This will always give the good message to people. In those difficult launch period, they should totally play that game. "Nomura announces KH 3 on Vita", or even Type-2 - (1?), Dissidia 3 wathever... Something that will give trust in the console's future.

Spiegel

orioto said:
Everything is not about launch windows anyway, i think it's important to announce games, even for a distant future, without any date.. This will always give the good message to people. In those difficult launch period, they should totally play that game. "Nomura announces KH 3 on Vita", or even Type-2 - (1?), Dissidia 3 wathever... Something that will give trust in the console's future.

Sony has no problem announcing Bioshock, Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty showing only a logo, and these games come from western third parties. I'll be surprised if there's no big name announcements from japanese third parties where Sony should have an easier time getting support for Vita.

orioto said:

It didn't happen for 3DS even if Mario Kart, Mario Land, Revelations, Dream Drom Distance and Inazuma Eleven would have come. It's important anyway to announce titles, but if they're not working on anything... Yeah, logos, as western developers.

BLagiver

Banned
I really wish they would release that persona 4 fighting game on vita. Also Sony needs to get those indie pc devs to bring some of those games over to vita. Like owl boy, cave story, super meat boy and such.

orioto

Good Art™
BLagiver said:
I really wish they would release that persona 4 fighting game on vita.

I would think every versus fighter will be on portable if possible.. It's easy money, especially on vita. I'm sure KOF XIII would be gorgeous on it.

le.phat

xf0fL.jpg

dude

gogogow

BLagiver said:
I really wish they would release that persona 4 fighting game on vita. Also Sony needs to get those indie pc devs to bring some of those games over to vita. Like owl boy, cave story, super meat boy and such.
Didn't Sony just do that? Aren't indie devs allowed to borrow Vita devkits for free? Sony also made the devkits extremely affordable.

Takao

Banned
BLagiver said:
I really wish they would release that persona 4 fighting game on vita.

I'd be willing to say we'll see that game on Vita eventually, as ATLUS hopes people would double dip for an expanded portable version.

Nix

Banned
I see 3 Vita games that are a definite day one for me. I cringe for the inevitable 18 new announcements.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Like I said before, I think the Vita has had the most games ever announced pre-release compared to any other system. Crazy.
3DS had near 200, and I think PS2 had more than that even.

In fact, I'm pretty sure PSP had more games announced pre-launch than Vita does now. Even Wii might've had more.

yurinka

Jonnyram said:
Am I missing something?

As I remember the only thing we have about it is:

-When Vita was announced in Japan, they show a demo of MHP3rd running on it using dual analog control, something that can do its PSP emulator, but the Capcom guy mentioned "it looks georgeous in this screen with higher resolution (maybe he was refering to the screen not that the game was rendering in higher resolution".

-Capcom Europe guy mentioned when said that they were working in 4 Vita games that would make sense to release a Monster Hunter for Vita since the franchise is really popular for PSP in Japan, and also hinted that maybe now it may be multiplatform.

Besides that, it's just a gaffer's wishlist. I bet they will release a Vita/3DS MHP3rd G, not Tri. Mainly because it would be easier to port specially because 3DS can handle PSP visuals a bit improved, but not Wii visuals. And remember, MHP3rd is sort of a modified version of Tri.

18 SONY-PUBLISHED game announcements?

sounds like a handful of normal games + a bunch of ports, re-releases, and/or PSN releases that sony helped with pub-fund. (or whatever the Japan equivalent is)

i remain hopeful that some of them will be both desirable and releasing in my respective region thankyouverymuchsirgoodday.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
DMPrince said:
what does sony consider Unannounced? either way this is like O.O!

I think there's a miscommunication and it just mean unannounced for TGS. Like '18 more will be announced in due course'.

Not 18 games that have never been announced before. I'm sure most of those 18 have showed up elsewhere.

edit - and it includes third party stuff too ^^ - Sony hosts third party games at its booth

gofreak said:
I think there's a miscommunication and it just mean unannounced for TGS. Like '18 more will be announced in due course'.

Not 18 games that have never been announced before. I'm sure most of those 18 have showed up elsewhere.

edit - and it includes third party stuff too ^^ - Sony hosts third party games at its booth
yeah i figured. i remember i think it was last year's TGS lol when they showed unannounced games only to find out it's games from the west that weren't previously announced in japan yet (give or take i think a few new titles popped up)

Top Bottom