• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

31 Playable Vita titles at TGS, 18 Unknown (Sony announces TGS lineup)

forrest

formerly nacire
AAK said:
We've known this for months.

When was it stated that The Last Guardian wasn't going to be at TGS? Holy shit this game is falling into some serious dev time.

Edit - Found story via google. Seriously disappointing news.

Spiegel

lunchwithyuzo said:
Are these lists pre-show announcements? Because there's even big stuff we knew about then (like Crisis Core) that's not on either?

I wouldn't say Vita has more "real" games either, it's really pretty even there in terms of stuff that's likely to have footage or be playable pre-launch. Vita just has less "promises".

Those are the lists Sony gave at the start of the E3/TGS

And here's the list of games that were playable at the TGS '04:

Need For Speed: Underground Rivals (Electronic Arts, tentative name)
Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Capcom)
Shutokou Battle (Genki, tentative name)
Shin Sangokumusou (Koei, tentative name)
Ys VI The Ark of Napishtim (Konami, tentative name)
Mahjong Kakutou (Konami)
Meikyu Tansaka Gata Monster Shooting (Konami, tentative name)
Metal Gear Acid (Konami)
Tenchi no Mon (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Dokodemo Issho (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Minna no Golf Portable (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Puyo Puyo Fever (Sega)
Puzzle Bobble Pocket (Taito)
Kotoba no Puzzle Moji Pittan Daijiten (Namco)
Shin Ridge Racer (Namco, tentative name)
T.O.E. (Namco, tentative name)
Rengoku The Tower of Purgatory (Hudson)
Eiyuu Densetsu Gagharv Torirojii Shiroki Majo (Bandai)
Soukyuu no Fafner (Bandai, tentative name)
Lumines (Bandai)
Armored Core Formula Front (From Software)
AI Series Shougou (Marvelous Interactive)

For some comparison, here's what Capcom and Square Enix had announced for PSP before launch. It would really surprise me if their upfront Vita commitments weren't stronger given they were the two biggest publishers on PSP.

Capcom
-DarkStalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
-Devil May Cry series (vaporware)
-Viewtiful Joe series (Red Hot Rumble)

Square Enix
-Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII

Relax.MX

This generation of portables should think more about software than hardware

"Look my 3D gimmick, dont help and is useless but is kind a cool :)"

"Look my machine!! had everything, only need more games :)"

Still want more the Vita...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
StuBurns said:
I bet Team ICO's next game is on PSV too.
Haha, is that what the game turned out to be? I lost track of that whole subject, but hype justified if true.

Elios83

Can't wait to see more Vita announcements from japanese companies, also japanese launch date, console and games packages and all that stuff.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
No Last Guardian?

Yoshida hinted at a no show during Gamescom :/

SykoTech

Freaking Gravity Daze. I might end up buying a VIta a lot sooner than I want because of that game.

And if The Last Guardian doesn't get a good gameplay trailer, it's pretty much going to fall off of my radar.

orioto

Good Art™
Takao said:
Dragon Quest always is released on the platform that sells the most in Japan.

Even though 3DS is off to a rough start, Square Enix will be releasing Dragon Quest games on it (as they've already shown off Rocket Slime 3).

I was speaking about a DQ port, not a main entry.
And the 3ds comment is random for now.. We don't know anything, and DQ could have sell as much on psp actually, just look at Monster Hunter 3rd sells :) There is certainly not any "rpg fan console" label on 3ds, nor nds, far from that.

Spiegel

orioto said:
And the 3ds comment is random for now.. We don't know anything, and DQ could have sell as much on psp actually, just look at Monster Hunter 3rd sells :) There is certainly not any "rpg fan console" label on 3ds, nor nds, far from that.

Usually Enix/Yuji Horii picks a system and sticks with it launching remakes, spinoffs and main entries, so unless 3DS tanks badly and Vita is more successful the possibilities of a DQ on Vita are slim.

They could have released DQ games on PSP in the last few year,s when the handheld has been dominating Japan alongside the NDS, but they seem happy sticking with Nintendo systems for now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Doesn't Dragon Quest usually go to the "winning brand"? But hey, if Microsoft magically became the winning brand in Japan, will DQ appear in that system?

Busaiku

Wait so are they not including titles like Street Fighter X Tekken or Dragon's Crown?
Will those not be shown off during TGS?

StuBurns

Banned
ULTROS! said:
Doesn't Dragon Quest usually go to the "winning brand"? But hey, if Microsoft magically became the winning brand in Japan, will DQ appear in that system?
While the DS install base is larger, I think in Japan the PSP active user base was larger when DQ9 came out. I don't think it's that clear cut.

Nintendo are willing to publish and market DQ games outside of Japan, SE doesn't seem to know, or care what to do with it, so giving it to Nintendo makes a lot of sense.

orioto

Good Art™
Spiegel said:
Usually Enix/Yuji Horii picks a system and sticks with it launching remakes, spinoffs and main entries, so unless 3DS tanks badly and Vita is more successful the possibilities of a DQ on Vita are slim.

They could have released DQ games on PSP in the last few year,s when the handheld has been dominating Japan alongside the NDS, but they seem happy sticking with Nintendo systems for now.

We agree on the fact that Enix looks for the best for their game, and hasn't specially any fidelity to someone. That's why i think nothing is written at this point in time. I don't really see how 3ds is the winner of this generation yet... or is it something automatic ?

SquareEnix could consider j-rpg would sell better on Vita after some time, even if the park seems smaller. After all, how well j-rpg did sell on nds, and how well could have they sell on psp ? Who knows what SquareEnix thinks.

I just mean, it's a little early to say anything.
And after all, i was speaking about DQ VIII, which is a PS2 game, remember.

yencid

WAIT Ridge racer is going to be in the booth!? Hope its not the dubstep demo but the actual game this time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
[13:18] duckroll: based on what we went through every previous year, and what they state in the press release
[13:18] duckroll: all the numbered but unlisted titles are unannounced titles
[13:18] duckroll: but, the list is also only accurate as of 1st Sept

So it seems they're most likely unannounced as of now.

Suzzopher

orioto said:

I think VII and VIII will see Vita releases.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
dragonfart28 said:
There is no confirmation that the 18 unknown titles are actually playable.

Swap the "1" and the "3" in the title.
duckroll double checked the original article, and apparently they are all playable.

yencid

uFDOp.jpg
coded-arms.jpg

do it.

krae_man

StuBurns said:
Indeed, Gripshift is one of my favorite PSP games still. I love Shatter, not sure I care about a handheld one though.

Something happend to that update that was supposed to include the PC version extras. Maybe a Vita/PS3 cross platform thing like Ruin.

As much as I love Shatter, I love Gripshift more. I played Joe Danger The Movie at PAX and even though it's close to being Gripshift, it's not the same.

Nirolak said:
duckroll double checked the original article, and apparently they are all playable.

Really? It's cool if they are, but the andriasang article says: "The games listed here are all playable." It doesn't actually confirm that the unannounced titles are playable, but I'm not sure andriasang is the source either. *shrugs*

Busaiku

Ok, so then a few of those spots would probably be Street Fighter X Tekken, Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 The Golden, and AR Combat Digi Q.
For PS3, Street Fighter X Tekken and Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena.

Spiegel

Nirolak said:
[13:18] duckroll: based on what we went through every previous year, and what they state in the press release
[13:18] duckroll: all the numbered but unlisted titles are unannounced titles
[13:18] duckroll: but, the list is also only accurate as of 1st Sept

So it seems they're most likely unannounced as of now.

Yeah, but there are a lot of games not officially announced for Japan

The officially announced games are:

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works)
Dynasty Warriors Next (Tecmo Koei)
Asphalt Injection (Konami)
New Little King Story (Konami)
Mahjong Fight Club (Konami)
Shinobido 2 (Acquire)
Power Smash 4 (Sega)
Uncharted (Sony)
Gravity Daze (Sony)
Hot Shots Golf Next (Sony)
Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru (Chunsoft)
Disgaea 3 Return (Nippon Ichi)
Ridge Racer (Namco Bandai)

These are the ones announced as playable on the SCE booth

+

Persona 4
Malicious
Dragon's Crown
Tekken Vs Street Fighter
AR Combat DigiQ
Extreme Escape Adventure
Little Busters

These are already announced for Japan but shouldn't be part of the 31

http://translate.googleusercontent....svita/&usg=ALkJrhhvtn4atZ7aFkiLnHhT2QUKWMwyag

Games like LBP haven't been announced for Japan and will probably be part of the unannounced 18.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I think the new title is just about perfect. Confident about them all being playable, would not be confident about the 18 being unannounced in the absolute sense - just unannounced for TGS thusfar.

Top Bottom