• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

31 Playable Vita titles at TGS, 18 Unknown (Sony announces TGS lineup)

orioto said:
I was speaking about a DQ port, not a main entry.
And the 3ds comment is random for now.. We don't know anything, and DQ could have sell as much on psp actually, just look at Monster Hunter 3rd sells :) There is certainly not any "rpg fan console" label on 3ds, nor nds, far from that.

Well, at least DS had very important results for the genre: a million seller new IP (IE), a +500k new IP (ni no kuni), some brands grow a lot (Dragon Quest), some obtained good results (Final Fantasy, Suikoden), new series were created with good numbers overall (Rune Factory, Etrian Odyssey).

I do think there are also exclusivity deals between Nintendo and Square Enix about DQ.

Sennorin

Banned
spats said:
Isn't Team Ico really small? I'm sure they have their hands full with TLG.

If they decide to make a PSV-game, we won´t ever see a PS4-title from then. Though I don´t understand why any fan of this developer would want them to waste their efforts on a small screen-device.

StuBurns

Banned
Sennorin said:
If they decide to make a PSV-game, we won´t ever see a PS4-title from then. Though I don´t understand why any fan of this developer would want them to waste their efforts on a small screen-device.
Because they clearly aren't capable of making big screen titles in a reasonable time.

lets hope the west gets a vita port of type-0
as for future KH games it should be the 3rd game most kh fans are waiting for and square should at least put up an release window for KH 3DS as it was 50% complete since over the summer. As for Vita titles i want to see would RPGS and some type action title that would get fans excited. For PSP there wasnt that much Triple A titles the hardcore would have wanted. at least cross game chat is in the vita will we see cross music function that waits to be seen!

pharmboy044 said:
31 playable games? That's a lot of games. Hopefully it includes some cool JRPGs.

Falcom's president recently said that their Vita RPG is in a playable form right now. It's possible that it'll be playable at TGS since they were targeting it for the launch window.

SolidSnakex said:
Falcom's president recently said that their Vita RPG is in a playable form right now. It's possible that it'll be playable at TGS since they were targeting it for the launch window.
man Falcom is the bomb, really hope that game makes it here.

SolidSnakex said:
so aside from teh fact that it's a rpg , on vita and that it's playable , we're still in the dark ?

I hope Capcom wil announce Resident Evil: Revelations for Vita.

Lots of screens released for 3DS are too high resolution, and most trailers are in fullscreen 720p. That doesn't make sense, right?

StuBurns

Banned
EhrgeizVII said:

Lots of screens released for 3DS are too high resolution, and most trailers are in fullscreen 720p. That doesn't make sense, right?
Bullshots and bullshit. Nothing surprising.

I'm not saying it won't come to PSV, it's Capcom, I'm sure it will, but I don't think you can read too much into any media so far.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
EhrgeizVII said:

Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nirolak said:
[13:18] duckroll: based on what we went through every previous year, and what they state in the press release
[13:18] duckroll: all the numbered but unlisted titles are unannounced titles
[13:18] duckroll: but, the list is also only accurate as of 1st Sept

So it seems they're most likely unannounced as of now.

Where's this mistery Mod Gaf Irc room?

jackdoe

StuBurns said:
I'm not saying it won't come to PSV, it's Capcom, I'm sure it will, but I don't think you can read too much into any media so far.
The fact that they explicitly made clear that their MT Framework Portable engine was ported to the Vita pretty much means that we shouldn't expect many exclusives from Capcom on handhelds unless Nintendo or Sony moneyhats it.

antonz said:
It has everything to do with it. Sony not allowing announcements til now makes it suddenly seem so massive and impressive. If they were spread out over the past year and a half youd be just ho hum.

Controlled Perception

Fucking trolls, don't you think that if they are added up they will still be impressive? and how the fuck is 31+ titles not massive?

Nice. I suspect titles that are announced at the press conference, that aren't playable won't be included in the 18. We could potentially end up with a lot of games, especially if not all of the 3rd party games will be at Sony's booth.

Spiegel

With the PSP, Sony resurrected Medievil.

Which game will they resurrect now?

QAd28.jpg

I can feel it.

jiggle

i bet one of them is from patapon team
and maybe a rpg from media.vision(moved from psp)

ridge racer playable?
one step closer to launch ready :eek:

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Spiegel said:
With the PSP, Sony resurrected Medievil.

Which game will they resurrect now?

I can feel it.
Tekken 3, metal gear solid
Resident evil, gran turismo, omega boost,
Bloody roar, x-files, all over the world
Come on
Ridge racer
Odd world
Winning Eleven
The game on the playstation

P. L. A. Y. S. T. A. T. I. O. N.

Jinfash said:
Tekken 3, metal gear solid
Resident evil, gran turismo, omega boost,
Bloody roar, x-files, all over the world
Come on
Ridge racer
Odd world
Winning Eleven
The game on the playstation

I never knew he said x-files lol

Razlo

One of the unannounced games has to be Monster Hunter related, right?!

Now some other guesses:

1) A new Imageepoch RPG
2) A new 5pb adventure game
3) A Spike BrawlPG

BurntPork

Banned
EhrgeizVII said:

OH HELL NO! They better not pull another RE4! Vita can get a port at some point, sure, but it better not be announced now. I'd rather Vita gets it's own game or a port of RE6.

StuBurns

Banned
BurntPork said:
OH HELL NO! They better not pull another RE4! Vita can get a port at some point, sure, but it better not be announced now. I'd rather Vita gets it's own game or a port of RE6.
Why? RE:R will have been designed for a handheld specifically, and it'll be improved on PSV, not downgraded like RE6 would.

If RE:R is coming to Vita, it probably won't be announced until after the 3DS version ships. IIRC, the RE4 PS2 announcement coincided with Capcom's semi-annual earnings release in 2004, and was made to reassure investors; while 3DS has struggled, it hasn't had three years of underwhelming performance like GC at the time, nor does it have a vastly more successful competitor on the market (well, PSP, but that wouldn't work very well for porting purposes). The timing of that announcement was very much a unique situation, I suspect.

StuBurns said:
Why? RE:R will have been designed for a handheld specifically, and it'll be improved on PSV, not downgraded like RE6 would.
I imagine he bought a 3DS for RE:R

father_brain said:
If RE:R is coming to Vita, it probably won't be announced until after the 3DS version ships. IIRC, the RE4 PS2 announcement coincided with Capcom's semi-annual earnings release in 2004, and was made to reassure investors; while 3DS has struggled, it hasn't had three years of underwhelming performance like GC at the time, nor does it have a vastly more successful competitor on the market. The timing of that announcement was very much a unique situation, I suspect.

What reason would they have to not announce is for Vita?

Midou

electroplankton said:
Uhm... No.
Vita will have a lot of porting as well (it's common for a new console, nothing new), but I can't find title with the importance of Revelations or Dream Drom Distance from third parties.

Do handheld KH games have any importance anymore? Outside of BBS, they have been kind of meh.

Spiegel

Father_Brain said:
If RE:R is coming to Vita, it probably won't be announced until after the 3DS version ships. IIRC, the RE4 PS2 announcement coincided with Capcom's semi-annual earnings release in 2004, and was made to reassure investors; while 3DS has struggled, it hasn't had three years of underwhelming performance like GC at the time, nor does it have a vastly more successful competitor on the market (well, PSP, but that wouldn't work very well for porting purposes). The timing of that announcement was very much a unique situation, I suspect.

If Nintendo hasn't paid for RE:R and Capcom is planning to release a Vita version it wouldn't make sense not to release both versions at the same time.

That's why I doubt the game is coming to Vita.

StuBurns

Banned
Chuck Norris said:
I imagine he bought a 3DS for RE:R
Hopefully not, that's an awful reason to be against a port.
Spiegel said:
If Nintendo hasn't paid for RE:R and Capcom is planning to release a Vita version it wouldn't make sense not to release both versions at the same time.

They ported Lost Planet, and that was Lost Planet, a game no one cares about.

Spiegel said:

For some reason, it didn't cross my mind that the game could still turn out to be a simultaneous multiplatform release with no Vita-exclusive content. No idea why. :p My gut feeling is that that won't happen, though, but who knows.

Famassu

Midou said:
Do handheld KH games have any importance anymore? Outside of BBS, they have been kind of meh.
KH3D is made by the same team as BBS and it's important enough to get all new worlds (like BBS and unlike the other KH portables). So yes, it does have importance. It doesn't really seem like they are saving any punches with it.

Famassu said:
KH3D is made by the same team as BBS and it's important enough to get all new worlds (like BBS and unlike the other KH portables). So yes, it does have importance. It doesn't really seem like they are saving any punches with it.

I still wonder what was up with that BbS Vol. 2 teaser in BbS Final Mix. Whatever platform it's for - assuming it's a game at all - who would be developing it?

yencid

Midou said:
Kingdom hearts 3DS is where riku and sora are getting training to become keyblade masters (like Terra, Aqua and ven where training for) so thats probably going to lead us into 3

Midou

yencid said:
Kingdom hearts 3DS is where riku and sora are getting training to become keyblade masters (like Terra, Aqua and ven where training for) so thats probably going to lead us into 3

I did like one path of BBS, I'll wait for KH3. Story is more convoluted than MGS by now.

Erethian

Spiegel said:

RE:R seems like a game where the PSP's performance in the West could hurt Capcom's considerations for porting it.

Plus Capcom isn't exactly port crazy with RE titles these days. The Chronicles games are exclusive to the Wii, for instance. Even though they could be easily ported over to the PS3 with Move support.

StuBurns

Banned
The Chronicles games haven't been ported, but I could see many reasons why. The 'real' RE games have all been on lots of platforms. My understanding is RE:R is a mainline, top tier game. It staying on one platform seems very unlikely to me.

EDIT: Actually, 0 is only on two platforms.

Famassu

Father_Brain said:
I still wonder what was up with that BbS Vol. 2 teaser in BbS Final Mix. Whatever platform it's for - assuming it's a game at all - who would be developing it?
Could be they are saving it for after 3D, so that the probable 3-4 year gap between the releases of 3D & III isn't completely devoid of KH games (even though 3D is supposed to be the game that builds up to III, I guess they could still do a prequel with BBS Vol. 2). Not sure who could develop it, though. Maybe the Osaka team after 3D, maybe h.a.n.d. if they're given a bigger 3DS/Vita level budget.

Story is more convoluted than MGS by now.
It's really not that convoluted. There are a few details that are a bit confusing but overall it's really quite simple.

Top Bottom