• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 Industries Announces the Halo Championship Series

Celestia

So it'll be kind of like what League does with their lcs? If so that's pretty cool. I really hope the MCC and Halo 5 bring back competitive halo in a big way. Hasn't been the same since reach came out.

Deadly

Wonder if some of the older guys will return and play? Ogre2 and Pistola are two players I remember stood out alot

tumblr_ml35ss13we1s87uxuo1_500.gif

The return of the great one.

Booshka

Once again the newer Halo is gonna have all the tournament money behind it. So, the community will be stuck on H2A, instead of playing Halo CE and Halo 2 Classic.

Glad that Halo is being supported again, but sad to see that eSport money is once again pushing the newer product, instead of the better competitive title.

It's par for the course for the Halo community though, they have always dragged themselves along playing the new and worse Halo games just to compete at tournaments. Really wish they would just stick with the game they all like playing the most.

belushy

Banned
Wonder if some of the older guys will return and play? Ogre2 and Pistola are two players I remember stood out alot

Both of them are definitely coming back. Not sure if there was a thread on Gaming Side, but the Halofest H2A tournament features these teams which include a good amount of Halo pros.

Heigic

Around E3 Sundance tweeted that they ordered 1000 copies of Halo or something. Wonder what happened. It's a pretty big for ESL though considering the history MLG has with Halo.

Nac2Squared

Neo Member
Huge win for ESL, big loss for MLG. I am a little upset that MLG didn't put forth enough to grab this game, but lets hope ESL can take it to the next level.

Booshka

Around E3 Sundance tweeted that they ordered 1000 copies of Halo or something. Wonder what happened. It's a pretty big for ESL though considering the history MLG has with Halo.

Maybe they will host Halo CE 2v2's and Halo 2 Classic 4v4's.

If only...

belushy

Banned

I could see MLG running a few Halo 2 classic tournaments (among some tournaments for the other games in the pack), but this HCS thing seems to be made to directly support Halo 2 Anniversary tournaments.

343 partnered with Twitch.

MLG runs it's own network under MLG.tv

It's conflicting interest

dwells

It's nice to see the competitive side of Halo getting some focus. I just hope this doesn't mean that the stock game/matchmaking playlists are going to be geared toward unskilled play.

I'm sure that MLG will run their own Halo Bracket. It just wont be a Halo Championship Series bracket.

belushy

Banned
Don't think so.

CoD just got really big.

It was both, really. Reach and 4 went a different direction MP wise, and it really hurt the scene. COD was getting better with each installment. Blops 2 against Halo 4 was an easy choice.

Faith

It was both, really. Reach and 4 went a different direction MP wise, and it really hurt the scene. COD was getting better with each installment. Blops 2 against Halo 4 was an easy choice.
Better in terms of what? I don't like the CoD MP at all. It's just way to easy to kill someone.

the highschool me is like fuuuuuuuuuu

the college me is like.....fuck.

wish I had the endless time needed to attack e-sports again but those days have passed I think :(

Zaku

Halo faded because of Reach and Halo 4.

Reach was fine. Before Halo 4 launched, it wasn't doing Halo 3 at its height numbers, but it was easy to find a game in any playlist. IIRC even the day before Halo 4 launched Reach was maintaining a pretty much healthy population.

Halo 4 dropped like a rock, getting below 20,000 users at peak in about a year.

Kibbles

So so exciting can't wait :D

I forgot 343 hired Strongside, guess he won't be in. That list of teams someone posted in the Halo thread is great

Top Bottom