• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 Industries Boss Bonnie Ross on Her Long Career at Microsoft and Avoiding Crunch on Halo Infinite.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/34...on-crunch-halo-infinite-career-microsoft-xbox

Since The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences began its Hall of Fame inductions in 1998, only two women have joined the ranks of the annually added men: the late designer and programmer Danielle Bunten Berry (inducted posthumously in 2007) and this year's addition, 343 boss Bonnie Ross.

"When I look at the list of people that have received awards before, I mean they're pretty amazing people in the industry," Ross tells me just hours before she'd take the stage at the annual DICE Awards to accept her inductee trophy. "So it's a huge honor, but it's a bit overwhelming."

Ross is very humble for someone of her experience. She started at Microsoft in 1994, at first just on operating systems. But she's come a long way from those beginnings. Today, she's corporate vice president of Microsoft and the head of 343 Industries, Microsoft's first-party studio responsible for Halo. She's a vocal champion for diversity in the industry, and was even featured in the "She Can STEM" ad campaign to encourage young women to get into technology. And now, she's the second woman to be honored in the AIAS' Hall of Fame in its two-plus decades. At DICE Summit 2019, she told us all about her career, and what's next for 343.

Check the link for the full story.

She's a vocal champion for diversity in the industry

greeeaaaaattttt

she is basically the Kathleen Kennedy of Halo

doesn't matter, nobody cares about this franchise anymore, 343i is a joke company and I'm looking forward to watching them make one last flop of a game I used to adore

YoshiMax

greeeaaaaattttt

doesn't matter, nobody cares about this franchise anymore, 343i is a joke company and I'm looking forward to watching them make one last flop of a game I used to adore

There are no words.

greeeaaaaattttt

What a disgusting attitude. People like you are the reason gamers, forums, and the internet commentators get a bad name.
Take a moment to reflect on the garbage you spewed and maybe try again with a little more decency.

greeeaaaaattttt

ross.gif

Naked Lunch

So many on this forum hate Halo so bad. Shit is hilarious.
What are yall going to do if (when) Halo Infinite is actually good?

Enjay

Banned
So many on this forum hate Halo so bad. Shit is hilarious.
What are yall going to do if (when) Halo Infinite is actually good?
I wouldn't worry about it, they're incapable of making a good Halo.

trufflepigg said:
She's a champion for diversity in the industry.
Just as long as no one diverse works with/for her though.

Last edited:

renzolama

How we avoided crunch on Halo Infinite: easy, never work more than one hour each day!

...I'm butthurt about how long it's been since Halo 5

Edit: At least put MCC on PC, gimme something, you big jerks

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Didn't seem to be a lot of crunch going on with the Master Chief Collection so.. keep up the good work.

Last edited:
I really want you guys to write out why you stand by 343i, or why you would give Halo Infinite any hype... since everybody quoted my post with a smh type of reply.

I just really used to love Halo, so did my friends. actually we had a Halo LAN party just last weekend on old 360 consoles. I didn't really even play other games back in the day, Halo all day every day. It's just so upsetting to me the way the franchise turned out. If you think 343i puts out quality products, I'd honestly love to hear your reasoning behind it. If you agree that the Halo games under 343i have all been sub-par at best, especially for a Halo game, then what makes you think things will change with the next iteration? This will be the 9th Halo game under the 343i banner. Surprising, right?

The Halo games of today are of very average quality, but have all been led by fantastic marketing and relying on the massive existing fanbase. These guys even got me to purchase the Halo 5 Xbox One, that's what a sucker I am for Halo. But yeah, Halo 5 was the worst game yet and by a significant margin, and that's astounding because Halo 4 was just so mediocre.

These guys are hype and marketing masters, and I guarantee the next hype cycle for Infininte will blow us all away....until we play the game. Rinse and repeat, and we will never get a Halo game worthy of the franchise that was built before it by a much better developer.

Elenchus

Banned
I really want you guys to write out why you stand by 343i, or why you would give Halo Infinite any hype... since everybody quoted my post with a smh type of reply.

I just really used to love Halo, so did my friends. actually we had a Halo LAN party just last weekend on old 360 consoles. I didn't really even play other games back in the day, Halo all day every day. It's just so upsetting to me the way the franchise turned out. If you think 343i puts out quality products, I'd honestly love to hear your reasoning behind it. If you agree that the Halo games under 343i have all been sub-par at best, especially for a Halo game, then what makes you think things will change with the next iteration? This will be the 9th Halo game under the 343i banner. Surprising, right?

The Halo games of today are of very average quality, but have all been led by fantastic marketing and relying on the massive existing fanbase. These guys even got me to purchase the Halo 5 Xbox One, that's what a sucker I am for Halo. But yeah, Halo 5 was the worst game yet and by a significant margin, and that's astounding because Halo 4 was just so mediocre.

These guys are hype and marketing masters, and I guarantee the next hype cycle for Infininte will blow us all away....until we play the game. Rinse and repeat, and we will never get a Halo game worthy of the franchise that was built before it by a much better developer.

Don’t try to trench back now. You jumped out as the typical GAF POS. Now that you’ve claimed that mantle it’s yours. Wear it with pride my guy.

Halo 5 MP was fun and constantly evolved to be even more fun. The only thing lacking was the story, which was disappointing, and the armor.

Last edited:
T trufflepigg Halo 4 has my second favorite campaign of all the halo games, falling behind only CE. Halo 5's matchmaking was actually quite fun. Unfortunately, there are just too many abilities to control and you really cant' be competitive without a controller with paddles. When I play Halo 4, the controls, physics, movement are all fantastic. 343 just messed up with all of the random stuff they threw in. If you strip Halo 4 down though it's better than Halo 3 imo and probably the closest thing to Halo 2.

Also, why aren't you playing TMCC? I've been playing CE as often as I can and the Halo 3 population is booming.
So Master Chief takes off the helmet to reveal he was a she this whole time?
Metroid style

Last edited:
Top Bottom