• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 deal: Cam, headset, 1 year of live, 3 games, 200 pts.

Descriptions from http://msmvps.com/blogs/glach/archive/2006/08/23/108978.aspx

Xbox Live Vision: This package includes Xbox Live Vision camera, one-month Xbox Live Gold Membership, Xbox 360 Headset, and free* downloads of two full-version Xbox Live Arcade games: the popular UNO® card game and TotemBall, the new 3-D platform game from Freeverse and Strange Flavour Ltd. that is a mixture of platform skills and puzzles (estimated retail price (ERP) $39.99 U.S.).

Xbox Live Video Chat Gold Kit: This package includes the Xbox Live Vision camera, a 12-month Xbox Live Gold Membership, an Xbox 360 Headset, free downloads of three full-version Xbox Live Arcade games—the popular UNO card game, TotemBall and the classicRobotron 2084 action shooter—and 200 Microsoft Points (ERP $79.99 U.S.).

Games look like TotemBall (the camera game), Uno and Robotron

bluemax

Banned
So is it worth it for those of us who need to renew our XBL subscriptions? I already have UNO, the headset and two plantronics Halo 2 headsets I've been hoarding forever...

bluemax said:
So is it worth it for those of us who need to renew our XBL subscriptions? I already have UNO, the headset and two plantronics Halo 2 headsets I've been hoarding forever...

That's why i'm getting the bundle. My sub is up next month.

demi

goldenpp72 said:
Uno, totem ball and robotron.

Uno is badass, totem isnt out yet, robotron.. meh.

But what about when it is out? Where is my free totemball? I dont have a code!

Where is that arne feller, give me my free totemball

goldenpp72

Yeah actually I bought it for the year, since I Pay 50 a year via card, 10 bucks more and I get 2 games I dont own, another headset, some points and the camera.

bluemax

Banned
krypt0nian said:
That's why i'm getting the bundle. My sub is up next month.

So then it is worth it?

Is this something they deliver to me or is it something that gets shipped? I ask because I have a friend with Amazon prime and if it's something that's getting shipped I'll have him order... If it's a code they email to me then I'll just buy it myself.

demi

bluemax said:
So then it is worth it?

Is this something they deliver to me or is it something that gets shipped? I ask because I have a friend with Amazon prime and if it's something that's getting shipped I'll have him order... If it's a code they email to me then I'll just buy it myself.

?? What do you mean

The codes (XBL, Uno, etc) come in a little booklet included in the package

goldenpp72

Dude, you can just take those cards and stack them on your current account, so it has nothing to do with inflation of anything, and everything with convience :p

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I need a new headset so the camera is free if you look at it from my point of view :p

LOcKY said:
because it makes sense to get a new one and on top of that they can use you for PR.
5million NEW subscribers to XBOxLIVE.

i wonder how many inactive accounts they have:lol

You don't understand. :lol

----

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
Dude, you can just take those cards and stack them on your current account, so it has nothing to do with inflation of anything, and everything with convience :p
Is there a limit to the number of cards you can "stack" on top of your current subscription?

goldenpp72

I dont imagine there would be, but im not going to speak from experience, the most ive ever done on my xbox live stuff was the original xbox, 1 card.

ShowDog

Gaf, please help. Will this 12 month Xbox Live Gold Card work on the regular Xbox? I just want to play Halo 2 on Xbox, and right now I'm in a 2 month trial that will renew for 12 months for $50. This is a much better deal for $35, so will it work on regular Xbox? If so, how do I activate it? Thanks.

demi

ShowDog said:
Gaf, please help. Will this 12 month Xbox Live Gold Card work on the regular Xbox? I just want to play Halo 2 on Xbox, and right now I'm in a 2 month trial that will renew for 12 months for $50. This is a much better deal for $35, so will it work on regular Xbox? If so, how do I activate it? Thanks.

I'm going to say yes, I dont believe they specifically sell Live Cards for Xbox and X360 seperately

Then again they did pretty much kill off the Xbox so I think you might be stuck having to use a Debit/Credit Card if the card doesnt work

You probably don't need a code for Totemball, it will just be free when it comes out as an incentive to buy the camera. It only works with the camera, right?

----

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
why would you stack more than one?

everyone says live will be free next year due to the ps3 online network..
Well I seriously doubt Xbox Live Gold will be free and if I were to stack just 2 cards I could save $40.

Online play on Xbox 360 may eventually be free, but the Gold service will probably never be free.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
ShowDog said:

Yes, Live codes work on both Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles - last year in December (when my account, 2 years old, was about to expire) and after owning the 360 for a month, I bought a Splinter Cell 2 Live Pack which included SC2, a headset and 12 months of Live for €35 (hell of a deal since I only owned SC1 & 3), and worked just fine on my 360...

In fact, the latest prints of the Xbox 1 Live Kits even note that they work on the 360 as well...

I really lucked out by finding that the first time, since it was a game store that anyone barely goes to, and since my account is about to expire in a few months again, I might as well go and buy another one again from them soon...

ShowDog

Skilotonn said:
Yes, Live codes work on both Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles - last year in December (when my account, 2 years old, was about to expire) and after owning the 360 for a month, I bought a Splinter Cell 2 Live Pack which included SC2, a headset and 12 months of Live for €35 (hell of a deal since I only owned SC1 & 3), and worked just fine on my 360...

In fact, the latest prints of the Xbox 1 Live Kits even note that they work on the 360 as well...

I really lucked out by finding that the first time, since it was a game store that anyone barely goes to, and since my account is about to expire in a few months again, I might as well go and buy another one again from them soon...

Hmm, I just called 18004MYXBOX and they told me Xbox 1 kits and accounts work on 360 but that 360 codes, accounts, and kits will not work on Xbox 1.
I asked why it costs $50 to renew an Xbox 1 subscription but $35 to buy the card online for the 360, and they had no answer for me (the customer service representative sounded... like english wasn't his native language, I doubt he even knew what I was talking about). Anyways it was a pretty useless and annoying call, and I think MS customer service pretty much sucks.
After 'answering' my question the guy wanted my Gamertag, and I asked him why, and he said to validate my account, which seemed pointless, so I told him no thanks goodbye.

TheDuce22

Banned
So it seems they bumped up the price to 80 bucks, I ordered it at 60 and it still says 60 on my bill. You think they will honor that?

Downhome

Amazon can be tricky on price mistakes. There are times that they'll let you have it for the price mistake, and then there are times that they'll cancel on you. So, there's really no way to know until it happens. I ordered the $59.99 pack also, and so far my order is still accepted.

ShowDog said:
I asked why it costs $50 to renew an Xbox 1 subscription but $35 to buy the card online for the 360, and they had no answer for me

WTF, why yous trying to ruin a good thing? It's just a sale from amazon, nothing more.

Top Bottom