• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360: New Dash Beta Sign-ups.

There's a sign up tile on the start dash if anyone's interested in signing up...

We’re inviting Xbox Live members worldwide to participate in the 2013 Xbox Live Update for Xbox 360 Public Beta.* It will include updates to improve overall performance and the ability to conduct transactions with local currency, as Microsoft Points will be retired later this year.

Unlike our previous beta programs, sign up is now accessed directly through your Xbox 360 console to streamline the experience. Space is limited, so once the spots are filled the beta will be closed to the public.

To join, look for the Xbox Beta Program tile on the home hub of the Xbox Dashboard.

You will be required to agree to a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for confidentiality reasons.
For more details on the beta, we will have a Beta FAQ that posted here later today.

Our open public betas allow you to help make Xbox even better.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for participating!

* Xbox Live members in any of our 41 Xbox Live-enabled markets will be able to participate in the public beta for Xbox 360. Please note that members in Japan will have an opportunity to join at a later date.

I’ll update this post when we open it for Japan, and additional information about the program as it progresses.

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/05/2013-xbox-live-update-for-xbox-360-public-beta-now-available/

Alx

Hopefully a better Smartglass integration, I started using it to control the dashboard in some situations and it can be useful (especially during the latest sales, to make room on the hard drive and moving games around, while still watching TV), but I would appreciate if we could see the dashboard on the phone/tablet.
More customization would be nice too. The X1 dashboard looks like an improvement in that regard, I hope this update will keep the idea.
I may sign up tonight if it's not full at the time.

As an aside comment : we can quick-add people to our Neogaf ignore list now ? That's very, very convenient. :p

RedAssedApe

Banned
Don't see it on my dash. Did you have to have gold to participate? My gold expired and don't think I will be renewing until I decide which console to get in the fall.

Don't see it on my dash. Did you have to have gold to participate? My gold expired and don't think I will be renewing until I decide which console to get in the fall.

I don't see a requirement saying you have to have gold, but I guess it's possible. Have past betas been locked to gold members?

I don't see a requirement saying you have to have gold, but I guess it's possible. Have past betas been locked to gold members?

I'm pretty sure at least the last beta was for both Gold and Free, they want a good selection of diverse members.

I just signed up. The tile was on the 'start'-tab. If you don't see it, you can refresh your tiles by opening the guide, holding RT and pressing Y. You download a thingy, run it, press A a bunch of times and you're in.

kick51

Banned
"The users look unhappy."

"Add more ads!"

rX8Bwfw.jpg

Robin64

Man, I got banned from these when I posted a screenshot of the last one that was exactly the same shot the official Xbox site had posted two days earlier. Apparently I broke NDA.

MarkusRJR

They're upgrading the dash AGAIN? Isn't this like the 6th update (blades, NXE, NXE upgraded, metro-look, updated metro-look)? Hasn't each update made the user experience considerably worse?

xemumanic

They're upgrading the dash AGAIN? Isn't this like the 6th update (blades, NXE, NXE upgraded, metro-look, updated metro-look)? Hasn't each update made the user experience considerably worse?

Based on the description, I don't think its an upgrade for its looks, but it could be to make it more in line with the dash on the Xbox One.

Omni

I've been in the last two betas, but can't be funked doing this one. Can't imagine it would change too much anyway.

Ushae

Banned

At least there is effort being put into it. I wonder if the new dash will be identical to the X1 ?

Krilekk

Banned
By accepting the terms you accept that any Microsoft Points you have will be transferred into local currency. I'd rather wait and see how much they are actually willing to give for 1 MSP before I blindly check into this beta.

xemumanic

By accepting the terms you accept that any Microsoft Points you have will be transferred into local currency. I'd rather wait and see how much they are actually willing to give for 1 MSP before I blindly check into this beta.

It's going to happen eventually anyway, beta dash or not. I'm betting whatever rate points to money currently works out to in your neck of the woods is what you'll get in the end.

Here in the US, the rate was always 400 MSP = $5, and I expect that exact exchange rate.

"It will include updates to improve overall performance and the ability to conduct transactions with local currency, as Microsoft Points will be retired later this year."

If this is all it is, I don't really see the point of dealing with a month of every-other-day system updates.

Akai__

Works here in Germany and I'm in. Thanks for bringing it up OP.

Are there any pictures of it?

You mean actual pictures of the Beta? It hasn't even started yet and once it has started, you will be under a NDA, so you are not allowed to share any information of the actual Beta. Well, there will probably be a forum for the participants, which only them can access.

I'm pretty sure at least the last beta was for both Gold and Free, they want a good selection of diverse members.

I just signed up. The tile was on the 'start'-tab. If you don't see it, you can refresh your tiles by opening the guide, holding RT and pressing Y. You download a thingy, run it, press A a bunch of times and you're in.
Start tab? you mean home? Cant find it

Pjsprojects

Just done it (UK) but after the whole lot i still see a tab saying press 'A' to complete??? I guess it's a case of wait for the update.

This is the first time I'm not signing up for a beta. I think mostly because its the end of the generation and it would be a fucking bummer to have my 360s (which I plan to keep for Back Compat) get bricked, especially in light of the PS3 brickings. Also, I think this is the first time they have the beta sign up before they've released info as to what the new Dashboard is.

As I was dealing with buying digital stuff with this XBL sale, and managing my content across both my 360s, I was thinking that they really need to update the way they display your games library. I should just see ALL full games I own, whether or not I've downloaded them, and also should be able to filter by Installed games or favourites. I also think they should add an option to just automatically download all add-on content you own for any game you install.

Start tab? you mean home? Cant find it

Yeah, sorry, they are using forced translation of 60% dashboard since the last update. Sucks ass but that's the way it is.

EDIT: And in case anyone missed it:

HOW TO REFRESH YOUR DASHBOARD
Open guide
Hold RT and press Y
Dashboard will reload and you will see any new tiles etc

Top Bottom