• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360: New Dash Beta Sign-ups.

Satchel

Banned
Anyone else's Microsoft account not purchasing stuff?

I have $6 in there, and I'm trying to buy Final Fight for $10, but it forced me to use PayPal for the whole lot instead of just $4.

Lima

That is how it works. No split payments. You have to find something for under $6 to be able to use the money in your account.

statham

Don't know where its from, but I just got 12 months of live added to my account, anyone else in the beta get this? I did not add any and I'm not on auto-renew.

Wow I think this beta is fucking with my xbl. Every game I start getting in madden 25 it gets all laggy then quit. Then I lag out the party and stuff. My friends could be a party but not me. :(

Also they sent me a message on live for a beta exclusive avatar shirt.

If we can finally do split payments, then all is forgiven. They trapped my cash in some bullshit wallet for the whole of this beta.
I thought they were gonna force me to buy some shity theme or something.

I think i'm like £0.30 short of the Grey Fox armor in MGRising, lol.

MCD

OK. With the latest Xbox Update, I can use MS Points on my Windows Phone:

qHmSDdy.png
But I don't see any option to use my MS Account in Windows 8.1 App Store or Surface RT.

So, when I check my points balance online it's just not there anymore, and I don't see any cash amount listed either. I'm assuming the points were converted into cash today. Anyone know how to check your balance now? I tried adding some DLC to my cart to see if my Xbox cash shows up, but it didn't. Maybe I need to update my Xbox 360 first (at work now)?

bidguy

Banned
So, when I check my points balance online it's just not there anymore, and I don't see any cash amount listed either. I'm assuming the points were converted into cash today. Anyone know how to check your balance now? I tried adding some DLC to my cart to see if my Xbox cash shows up, but it didn't. Maybe I need to update my Xbox 360 first (at work now)?

you can check your balance at

billing.microsoft.com

Wait, they are going to start chaging tax on purchases?

I guess I'm not surprised, just annoyed, that wasn't an issue with points.

I am honestly going to miss points, I might have purchased points at full price a total of 2 or 3 times tops this generation -- every other time I had some level of discount or offer (or heck, even free points from Bing).

Wait, they are going to start chaging tax on purchases?

I guess I'm not surprised, just annoyed, that wasn't an issue with points.

I am honestly going to miss points, I might have purchased points at full price a total of 2 or 3 times tops this generation -- every other time I had some level of discount or offer (or heck, even free points from Bing).

They will probably just add tax when adding cash to the account. You paid taxes on the points cards and when purchasing points in the past. Nothing really changed here. I can't imagine they'd charge 2x tax.

They appear to round up to the nearest(maybe next) dollar. I got $91 for 7270 points. As for tax; it gives the "Plus tax" warning on the confirm order screen but I thankfully was not charged any tax. Pretty lame that they don't show the total price(with tax if applicable) on the confirm order screen. Had to actually buy something to see if I was gonna be charged tax...heh.

They appear to round up to the nearest(maybe next) dollar. I got $91 for 7270 points. As for tax; it gives the "Plus tax" warning on the confirm order screen but I thankfully was not charged any tax. Pretty lame that they don't show the total price(with tax if applicable) on the confirm order screen. Had to actually buy something to see if I was gonna be charged tax...heh.

I would imagine actual game transactions won't be taxed. If you have no cash in your account, and a game is purchased, you will be charged tax on the 59.99 added to your MS cash balance which is then used on the game.

Dug

Banned
I don't think any of you care about avatar stuff that much but...

If you participated in the Dashboard beta you get a free avatar t-shirt.

Log in to XCL with the Microsoft Account and Password associated with your beta Gamertag
Once logged in, click on ‘Loot’ in the navigation bar
In the lower section of the loot screen, select ‘ Xbox 360 Update Beta’
You can claim your beta tokens by clicking the highlighted shirt icon in the beta section, clicking ‘CLAIM’ and following the steps shown on the screen
Once you’re received your tokens, you can click on one to redeem it on Xbox.com
In addition to receiving an exclusive beta item, participants will also receive 200 XP toward their Xbox Community Level!

I don't think any of you care about avatar stuff that much but...

If you participated in the Dashboard beta you get a free avatar t-shirt.

Got a message about that. Don't really see the point in the Beta if they weren't going to improve the Dash at all (visual changes) but oh well.

Now that the update has gone wide, are people actually seeing better performance out of the latest dashboard? A lot of people said "oh, it's such much faster now" early in the thread. Maybe it's because I have a slim 360 with built in flash memory but I didn't notice a change. Did it address some sort of OS loading issue that only affected older 360's or something?

Now that the update has gone wide, are people actually seeing better performance out of the latest dashboard? A lot of people said "oh, it's such much faster now" early in the thread. Maybe it's because I have a slim 360 with built in flash memory but I didn't notice a change. Did it address some sort of OS loading issue that only affected older 360's or something?
Its actually slower for me :/

Not sure why .....

malfcn

I get 5 minute start ups. And going to the HDD when the Dash loads takes another 1-2 minutes to see the contents. Nothing improved for me sadly.

Alx

I didn't notice any improvement during the beta, but now that my second console got updated that one seem quite slow. Maybe it's because of the temporary traffic increase of their servers, so it could settle down once most users have updated their console.

madmackem

Yeah its a tad slower for me also, achevos take a fucking lifetime to load up, ive almost given up using the dashboard to do anything but jump to netflix or boot a disc. So slow.

malfcn

Have you cleared your cache and recovered your gamertag? After doing that my dash is super fast.

I have tried the cache clearing. Haven't tried Gamertag recovery.
There is a reformat suggestion too, but I have about 200+ GB on the HDD and don't want to sideload or DL.

I have tried the cache clearing. Haven't tried Gamertag recovery.
There is a reformat suggestion too, but I have about 200+ GB on the HDD and don't want to sideload or DL.

Do not format! Unless you want to lose all your saves and games.

After I recovered my tag all my problems with the dash were fixed.

malfcn

Do not format! Unless you want to lose all your saves and games.

After I recovered my tag all my problems with the dash were fixed.

I wouldn't have done a straight format, I would have saved the stuff I wanted to keep. But there is so much. Trying to DL the GT and see if that helps.

Before...40MB.
After......40KB
Reboot..7MB

What the fudge.
Lost my theme, but was able to reapply it.

So far it doesn't appear to have done anything good. Who knows what bad it may have done.

I wouldn't have done a straight format, I would have saved the stuff I wanted to keep. But there is so much. Trying to DL the GT and see if that helps.

Before...40MB.
After......40KB
Reboot..7MB

What the fudge.
Lost my theme, but was able to reapply it.

So far it doesn't appear to have done anything good. Who knows what bad it may have done.

My dash loading for Anything has been slow as fuck for ages, and I've been intending to reformat and re-download about 300GB's worth of games and DLC, but just haven't set aside the time for it yet.

My Profile is in the 30-40MB range too, so it looks like I may need to try recovering my profile if just doing that has really helped speed things up. It takes forever just to get to the dash, let alone start anything off.

Re-downloading the profile isn't going to do anything. I've formatted the HDD once before and it made a huge difference. I've been planning on doing it again, but it's such a hassle to re-install all the games again.

Top Bottom