• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 NHL 07 screens

DMczaf

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/829/829743/imgs_1.html

nhl-07-20060712034957697.jpg
nhl-07-20060707023901180.jpg
nhl-07-20060712034955057.jpg
nhl-07-20060707023859805.jpg
nhl-07-20060712034958635.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Not bad. Certainly looks better than 2K7. It's been a while since I've bought a new hockey game, so I'll get one of the two..

Sapiens

I'm not blown away - I mean, it's hockey, how good could it possibly look.

Maybe if they toyed with the lighting - it would make a world of difference.

Dear Kush,

Please look at EA's NHL screenshots. This is what we expect "next-gen" hockey to look like. I even bet this game doesn't randomly lock up either. :D

Norse

gimme gimme gimme NOW!....that looks great...love the speed burst death too...man, things are looking great for the rest of the yr on 360...hell, today has been great for 360 as well...frogger, mass effect, ncaa demo, halo3 movie. schweet!

Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good.

h1nch

This looks way better than 2K7, which still looks last-gen AFAIK. Gameplay is obviously a different story. I'm not a fan of hockey so subtle details don't really cross my radar, as a result I usually favor EA's game more than 2K, because it seems to play a bit more arcade like.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Next Gen looks so...exciting!

Someone explain to me how this is better than Blades of Steel.
Blades%20of%20Steel.jpg

and "that ice texture looks like shit"

WHOAguitarninja said:
Faces are off, but otherwise looks great. I REALLY hope they nail the gameplay.

Oh, and better be 60fps too.

EA sports doesn't nail any gameplay last time I checked. You want realistic hockey you can go to 2K.

FightyF

Banned
TemplaerDude said:
EA sports doesn't nail any gameplay last time I checked. You want realistic hockey you can go to 2K.

Apparently this is one has gone through an overhaul.

But yeah, the day EA makes the better hockey game is the day I'm the executive producer. :)

tuco11

How come we never see in game classic view screens? Hey EA how about some next gen online gameplay like 4 vs 4 via xbox live?

epik

TemplaerDude said:

Well you certainly havent read the preview IGN posted. BUILT FROM SCRATCH. For example, no more buttons. Both analog sticks will always be used, no more speed burst button etc etc.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/717/717218p1.html
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/717/717231p1.html

A couple guys who were invited to the community day in burnaby were allowed to play the Next Gen version and said ... and I quote "IT WAS JAW DROPPING" .. visit www.doubleminor.net for more info on the guys who were invited..

Top Bottom