• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

DasRaven said:
HAHA, suck it Arcade owners! Hope that Matte finish is worth it.

j/k, but still damn.

That's really not that expensive at all. Sure you can get 600Gb and TB now for @ $70-100 but that's not even close to as bad as the 30Gb prices they had.

Got a 4GB Matte delivered yesterday. Very pleased. Nabbed Limbo and Shadow Complex from XBLA and I'm expecting Mass Effect in the mail tomorrow. :D

-PXG-

Got it in today

2s1109k.jpg

Arnie

Bought my new 250GB slim yesterday as a treat for getting some sweet A-Levels, love the machine so far. After having a 20GB unit since launch it feels good to finally not here the machine whilst playing and to have enough space to download and install whatever I want, whenever I want. I finally have an HDMI port too. To anyone thinking of jumping in on this one, even if you already own a 360, do it.

I want to upgrade my 20gb just for the HDMI connection but I kind of want white. Is this odd? The only reason I want a white S is because I am planning on getting a ceramic white ps2 slim.

I like white systems. It would go well with my white model 2 Saturn and Dreamcast.

I wonder if a white variety will ever be released into the wild...

bakeray

Anyone know off-hand how much a 360 w/ a 20GB HD is going at Gamestop? Tried to check CAG but couldn't find a recent quote.

I will have to get a Slim sometime in the next month or two, but I am waiting to see if they will announce a Call Of Duty Edition console for the November release. I need an extra controller, plus I will be buying the Call Of Duty game Day 1 so yeah I guess I can pull the trigger on that one if it comes out.

Was thinking about getting the Halo one but I am not a Halo fan at all, I will end up selling the game even if I buy it.

Hopefully they will announce it soon if at all they are going to do it, if not I will just get the regular Slim.

Psyclone

(Copied and pasted from the August Pick up thread, but though that this one deserves to go here too, sorry if it doesn't)

I jumped in! After getting a free PS3 with my phone, and trading it in for a Wii, I've finally settled for:-

box.jpg

So glad I got the matte finish. It's also super quiet:-

xbox.jpg

Looking good on my new 37" Regza:-

Regza.jpg

^Add me if you're up for a beating at Fifa World Cup! :D

Also, another +1 for Eneloops!

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
I jumped in as well, after 3 years of hiatus..
I have a big backlog, so I ordered a 360 250Gb with 15 games, i thought it would be a good start.

Now I only have to go and get it from the post office.. :D

Will upload photos this weekend

mandiller

derFeef said:
Matte finish looks awesome. I am getting me that and a 250gb hdd later this year, thanks for pics (want more!).

Call me crazy but I don't like the Matte finish. It looks just like the original 360. The glossy one looks more elegant.

Just ordered my 360 Slim, can't wait, guess I'll have to look for that transfer cable now. What exactly gets transfered again? I guess installed games don't?

Psyclone

mandiller said:
Call me crazy but I don't like the Matte finish. It looks just like the original 360. The glossy one looks more elegant.

Might look elegant for 3.6 seconds until you decide to touch it. I've had a black glossy PSP and DS lite, wasn't very impressed that! Each to their own I guess, which ever one you'll go for, you won't be disappointed! :D

Nyx

As my old 360 died, and an Arcade was nowhere to be found, I jumped in and got me a 250gb slim last night, and a data transfer cable which I'll only use once. :lol

Nyx said:
As my old 360 died, and an Arcade was nowhere to be found, I jumped in and got me a 250gb slim last night, and a data transfer cable which I'll only use once. :lol

Return it when you're done. I did that at Gamestop, it's an accessory so it's fair game.

Xbox 360 S 4GB Internal Memory PCB Pictures and 4GB vs 250GB
>> We received pictures from an "X-Scene friend" of the 4GB internal memory in the new Xbox 360 'S' 4GB model. Unlike the old 'Arcade' units the memory is no longer located directly on the motherboard, but instead Microsoft uses a small addon-on PCB with a 4GB flash memory unit [3.2GB usable]. This probably makes production easier as all motherboards are now exactly the same ... for the 4GB model they add the internal memory pcb-addon, for the 250GB unit they add the internal HDD.
I also added a picture of the Xbox360 'S' 250GB and Xbox360 'S' 4GB next to each other so you can see the glossy vs mat finish of both units. This hasn't been covered much, but the 4GB model has a mat finish (vs glossy) and black borders (vs silver for the 250GB model). Which look do you prefer?
As always, hit the pictures of high-res ;)
http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EklkAyEyFkpFKGNjsE.php

jLJQj.jpg

fSeAi.jpg
zfrum.jpg

mintylurb

Truespeed said:
I just bought a Bayonetta box. It's the 4GB slim with superior matte finish. Ich bin Xbot.
Truespeed finally jumps in! Anyway, I also picked up the 4GB unit since I had to return my 250GB slim. I must say the 4GB slim's matte finish looks pretty nice.

Mik2121

-PXG- said:
Just ordered these. Thanks.
I've been using rechargeable Eneloop since I first got my Wii (now sold and using them for my 360 controller) and I've never had any issues with them. Always have a pair charged and the other pair on the controller, and I've never had a problem :)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
As for a charge kit,

Nyko charge kit/dock from amazon... Best one out there, and it looks awesome.

2 batteries and they last way longer than the official ones.

mandiller said:

I have the gloss and a friend of mine bought the matte. The matte kills the gloss a million times over IMO.

njean777

Phoenix Fang said:
Quieter.

I just got a 4GB version and to tell you I can't hear a thing from that console.

Cool im just buying it for Reach and Gears 3 so ill probably be able to upgrade the HDD later, they are selling them separate now right?

DasRaven

derFeef said:
Hmm why is the matte so bright?

Because the photo was taken with flash and the matte finish is dispersing the light while the gloss concentrates it. Trust me, the matte finish is quite dark.

Matte on camera always spreads the light across the entire thing while something like an ipod, wii or glazed unit will show one bright circle and then nothing, the matte imo is more or less like how the black elites are right now if you seen one.

I am so tempted to gimp myself yet again and buy the 4gb version, fucks me up I know but the look is so much nicer... hard choice :/

Oh and for you UKers, in Tesco for £12 you can buy a 4gb memory stick which is so small it fits behind the current 360 plastic flaps. it's just a usb head with a tiny bit of plastic, no idea on what sort of transfer speeds it has but it's nice for the price.

derFeef

DasRaven said:
Because the photo was taken with flash and the matte finish is dispersing the light while the gloss concentrates it. Trust me, the matte finish is quite dark.
Good to hear. The glossy looks nice, but the matte is just better for many reasons I think. The only downside is that I need to buy an extra hdd then.

Guy Legend

Is the new 4gb system backwards compatible with Xbox 1 games out of the box? Not sure if the system recognizes the 4gb memory as a hard drive?

Sanic

I don't know how I missed this, but is the controller that ships with the slim 360s different from previous designs?

Pandoracell said:
I don't know how I missed this, but is the controller that ships with the slim 360s different from previous designs?

The guide button is chrome now. Other than that, no. Same shitty d-pad.

AnEternalEnigma said:
The guide button is chrome now. Other than that, no. Same shitty d-pad.

In my case, I received a slightly shittier D-pad that tends to stick to the top after so time and is a tad unresponsive.

But hopefully I'm a rare case.

Sanic

Thanks. I was wondering because I saw one of the display units in Best Buy today and I could have sworn the triggers looked different, but it seems that isn't the case.

Top Bottom