• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: GBA Ambassador games are revealed and up in all regions

Emitan

Great logic there. If someone passes by the made up law, who cares. "Laws" are meant to be broken. The only laws that cannot be broken, are the real laws. The laws of the universe. If free will allows someone to bypass a man made law, so be it. Why should you care?

Yes, NeoGAF should break the law because LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE, DUDES

Fair warning: I find Super Circuit unplayable these days. There's something about the way the karts handle that makes the game incredibly difficult to adjust to. It seems like the back-end of your vehicle swings WAY out than the rest of it.

only games that sold more than shinobi 3ds were allowed

That game should have sold loads

Just stick a bunch of ads on telly on kid's TV saying 'FROM THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT YOU POKEMON... THIS SHIT' and boom

Fair warning: I find Super Circuit unplayable these days. There's something about the way the karts handle that makes the game incredibly difficult to adjust to. It seems like the back-end of your vehicle swings WAY out than the rest of it.

Also that game has a ridiculous red shell bias. It's an odd choice, considering MK7 just released.

Yoshi's Island and Minish Cap??

sjd_t.gif

I cannot find my copy of that game ANYWHERE since I moved and it breaks my heart.

Edit: I also can't find Metroid Zero Mission. :(

gerudoman

Guys, the fact that you have already played more recent Mario Kart isn't an excuse for not playing Super Circuit! While the latest MK are more focused on the multiplayer modes, specially online, Super Circuit offered a fantastic 1P mode. Lots of tracks and cups, and is possibly the hardest MK to dominate. The control and dashing may seem stiff compared to newer MK at first, but once you get used it becomes really challenging, and the collection of coins was a lot more important and strategic than in MK7.

Roto13

Rumble is hardly the selling feature for the game.

Speaking of special GBA carts, I wonder if it's technically possible to port over Wario Ware Twisted since the 3DS does have a built-in gyro sensor.

Sure it's possible. Doesn't seem very likely, though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Speaking of special GBA carts, I wonder if it's technically possible to port over Wario Ware Twisted since the 3DS does have a built-in gyro sensor.

It's technically possible to do anything with an emulator or by editing a ROM, the question is whether or not Nintendo would bother. It's possible (and indeed fairly easy) to play as Sonic the Hedgehog in Super Mario Bros 1, or have achievements for VC games, or online leaderboards, or online multiplayer. Any one of those things could be added easily.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Rumble is hardly the selling feature for the game.

I doubt they would release it as a straight port. They could remake it as a 3DSWare game, though it would have to be 2D only due to moving the system around.

Ridley327

I doubt they would release it as a straight port. They could remake it as a 3DSWare game, though it would have to be 2D only due to moving the system around.

A new game based on the same concept would be pretty awesome, but they better keep the staircase boss and WARIO DE MAAAAAAAMBOOOOOOOOOOOO

Meier

I'm amazed at the number of folks who haven't played Yoshi's Island. WarioWare was maybe my favorite GBA game so I am particularly stoked to get to play it again.

Great logic there. If someone passes by the made up law, who cares. "Laws" are meant to be broken. The only laws that cannot be broken, are the real laws. The laws of the universe. If free will allows someone to bypass a man made law, so be it. Why should you care?

Under 13 confirmed.

Anyway, awesome list. I have next to no experience with Kirby, F-Zero, Wario Land or Fire Emblem, so am looking forward to those.

Wait, out on Friday? Awesome.

Question.

I remember reading maybe two months ago that the GBA games wont have a sleep mode. When you close your 3DS, the top screen will still be on. Is this true?
If things haven't changed, then yes, closing the 3DS won't make it go into sleep mode. However, a lot of GBA games have a built in sleep mode that you either activate via menu/through a series of button presses.
That blows. :(

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
#OccupyGAF

I'm amazed at re number of folks who haven't played Yoshi's Island.
Yeah, it's a great game. I seem to recall it not getting much love when it was released on the SNES either due to it being released way late in that console's life (along with Kirby 3).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What is this Fire Emblem? It's kinda like VC right? Or a copycat of those Shining Farce games.

The first game came out before Shining Force. But yes it's a turn-based strategy game. Though in this one if one of your units die, they die for good.

Boney

Banned
whatever

it's also a shame it's Sacred Stones and not 7.

And Zero Mission as well would've been amazing but not too pet peeved about that.

And it looks like I'm missing my christmas prediction ;_;

whatever

it's also a shame it's Sacred Stones and not 7.

And Zero Mission as well would've been amazing but not too pet peeved about that.

And it looks like I'm missing my christmas prediction ;_;
Think of it this way. Everyone deserves to play Fire Emblem 7. Not just ambassadors.

Boney

Banned
rumble and fe7 lover

a man after my own heart

and if we're getting picky, SSS, M3 and BHR would've been fantastic as well.

ghibli99

I liked Super Circuit a lot. It's the one game in the series that reminds me the most of SMK on the SNES. It's been a while since I played either of those, though, but I have fond memories of the GBA game.

Boogiepop

Nice. MvDK and Kirby were at the top of my want list for the GBA games, and I never owned Fzero or WarioWare (though I've played a good bit of the latter). Would've loved to see Advance Wars 2, Mario 3 (guess this is likely to get a 3D classics at some point seeing as it's showing up in neither half of the Ambassador program), or Mario/Pokemon pinball, but I'll happily take all the other games offered and play through them again.

UberTag

FE7 is the superior game to Sacred Stones... however...

Sacred Stones is the better entry-level Fire Emblem game, IMO. It's easier, more forgiving and boasts prettier eye candy.

Every Emblem hardcore player prefers FE7 but if they were going to give out an FE game for free I'm glad it's Sacred Stones because it's less likely to turn people off the series.

Alchemy

Super Circuit is the least exciting game for me, specifically because I'm busy playing MK7 right now and SC isn't really as good. At best its a decent distraction. But for all the other games, I want them inside me. Right now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SS is the ideal gateway drug. It's the easiest and most friendly FE game and it has no story hooks to any other game.

Kawaii

I have no idea what this is about, are there GBA games coming to the virtual console of the 3ds?

All i care about is Minish Cap.

Will they have 3d effects or something?

Emitan

I don't think there's any hope for Earthbound without it being included in a retail release. Licensing issues wouldn't be worth it.

Top Bottom