• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS HOMEBREW Discussion Thread [exploits/carts/applications/games]

inner-G

Banned
I hope it's Happy Home Designer.

I had to buy it to get the regular-sized system, it would be good to get some use out of it

Linkhero1

I'm not closely following the scene, but my understanding is that downgrading has been blocked on 11.0, correct? Is anyone working on a way around the latest patch that blocked downgrading? I'm asking because I'd like to follow whoever is working on it.

Seronei

I'm not closely following the scene, but my understanding is that downgrading has been blocked on 11.0, correct? Is anyone working on a way around the latest patch that blocked downgrading? I'm asking because I'd like to follow whoever is working on it.
You can still downgrade with hard mod, if you're willing to do that. But no more software only downgrading yes.
I haven't seen anyone announce they're working on one, that'd be a sure way to get lots of hate knowing the internet. And there's no guarantee they'll find anything.

LewieP

I managed to get an order in at CEX for £7.50 delivered, but I also managed to get an order in there for Cubic Ninja when NINJHAX was announced, but the order got cancelled. Last time it went out of stock just after I ordered it, and the same happened here.

I also got a back up order from an Amazon third party seller at £12.50. Not sure what I'll do if I end up with two copies. I guess I'll give the game a try and maybe keep one if I like it.

Was about the try the new Freakyforms Deluxe exploit, turns out you have to actually play the game quite a bit to unlock the QR scanning thingy, and god this game is awful. It's a like a poor man's Animal Crossing.

Linkhero1

Question about the developer for this game,is they still alive? Can they patch it?

Alive or not, I doubt that a patch would do anything as you could delete the extra data. Don't think they would bother with it either. The game will probably get pulled off of eShop soon though.

LewieP

Amazon third party seller cancelled my order. Fingers crossed for CEX, but I've put an order in with Play-Asia which I'll hopefully be able to cancel if CEX actually fulfill the order.

Was about the try the new Freakyforms Deluxe exploit, turns out you have to actually play the game quite a bit to unlock the QR scanning thingy, and god this game is awful. It's a like a poor man's Animal Crossing.

Yeah not gonna lie the tutorial is painful.
Guy put instructions on how to unlock the tutorial as quickly as possible in the game

Resetting save
1. Clear your save by holding A+B+X+Y when the game starts.
2. Set your planet name to "a".
3. With minimal effort create 5 formees with name "a", favourite phrase "a" (you have to go through the tutorial, unfortunately).
4. Remove all 5 formees.
5. Leave game and enter 3DS Settings. Move date one day forward.
6. Start the game again.
7. Create a formee with name "a" and favourite phrase "a".
8. Restart the game.
9. AR codes should now be unlocked. Trigger exploit

Still takes a good 15-20 minutes. It's worth it for the exploit tho.

Pokemaniac

Alive or not, I doubt that a patch would do anything as you could delete the extra data. Don't think they would bother with it either. The game will probably get pulled off of eShop soon though.

Nintendo has the ability to blacklist certain versions of certain apps from being launched. If it's patched, they will certainly add the old version to the list.

Linkhero1

Nintendo has the ability to blacklist certain versions of certain apps from being launched. If it's patched, they will certainly add the old version to the list.

Have they done this to retail games? I was under the impression it might have been true for eShop titles.

Pokemaniac

Have they done this to retail games? I was under the impression it might have been true for eShop titles.

They haven't done it yet, but, in principle, there's nothing stopping them from adding a retail title. If you have enough Internet to get the latest version of the list (it's not explicitly stated on 3Dbrew, but it's probably included in System Updates), you have enough Internet to download the update for the game.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm... I still have this game shrink-wrapped... It's very, very tempting to try to flip it...

But you still can't downgrade on 11.0, right? So the only thing you can do with this is running usermode homebrews like Retroarch?

Hmmm... I still have this game shrink-wrapped... It's very, very tempting to try to flip it...

But you still can't downgrade on 11.0, right? So the only thing you can do with this is running usermode homebrews like Retroarch?

Downgrading on 11.0 will be difficult if not impossible, whatever the entry point is.
11.0 uses a hardcoded list of minimum versions for system files and will not allow overwriting with older versions

Anyone have a guide to revert a 10.4 Reinand 3ds back to normal? I wanna sell my N3DS XL I don't play it anymore.

Are you using a9lh ? The other methods are relatively easy to cleanup but I haven't seen a guaranteed way to revert a A9LH N3DS , I've seen people say restoring a full NAND backup from before the A9LH with Cakes and the Firm0/Firm1 protection turned off works but I don't think I've seen that verified by anyone trust worthy (the N3DS uses the secret sector the A9LH modifies and if it's not reverted properly you brick). But I also haven't closely followed the past couple of months.

Ocelott

Are you using a9lh ? The other methods are relatively easy to cleanup but I haven't seen a guaranteed way to revert a A9LH N3DS , I've seen people say restoring a full NAND backup from before the A9LH with Cakes and the Firm0/Firm1 protection turned off works but I don't think I've seen that verified by anyone trust worthy (the N3DS uses the secret sector the A9LH modifies and if it's not reverted properly you brick). But I also haven't closely followed the past couple of months.

I have no idea what A9LH is? So I don't think I do.

Madao

that setup should be easy to revert.

if you don't care about the account you have there, you can just update sysnand and that will kill the exploit to enter homebrew. formatting the SD Card gets rid of anything you had there and the system will be back to factory default.

if you'd like to keep your NNID, format emunand before doing the rest of the process. that will unlink it from the 3DS in Nintendo's servers and let you use it if you ever decide to get another handheld later.

if you want to keep the account (and whatever you've purchased with it) there, it's more tricky. i think you'd need to clone emunand to sysnand and then update but i'm not sure if emunand can be cloned to sysnand without issues.

Ocelott

that setup should be easy to revert.

if you don't care about the account you have there, you can just update sysnand and that will kill the exploit to enter homebrew. formatting the SD Card gets rid of anything you had there and the system will be back to factory default.

if you'd like to keep your NNID, format emunand before doing the rest of the process. that will unlink it from the 3DS in Nintendo's servers and let you use it if you ever decide to get another handheld later.

if you want to keep the account (and whatever you've purchased with it) there, it's more tricky. i think you'd need to clone emunand to sysnand and then update but i'm not sure if emunand can be cloned to sysnand without issues.

I think I am done with 3DS so thank you lol. I Appreciate you.

itxaka

Defeatist
I got rxtools installed on mine. Whats this new talk of luma and arm9loader and all this things?
Should I move to one of those instead of rxtools?

Also, is there something so on boot the console goes to emunand? Rigth now I have to click the left shoulder which brings me to ctrlmenu (i think) and I would like to boot directly into emunand instead

KageZero

SO i googled a bit but if i have the latest firmware(11.0) is it possible to downgrade and use some kind of non-cartridge exploit? Seems the downgrade is impossible in the current sate and i would like to play some older gamer durring summer.

dadjumper

SO i googled a bit but if i have the latest firmware(11.0) is it possible to downgrade and use some kind of non-cartridge exploit? Seems the downgrade is impossible in the current sate and i would like to play some older gamer durring summer.

You're right, at this stage the downgrade is impossible. You'll have to wait

itxaka

Defeatist
I got rxtools installed on mine. Whats this new talk of luma and arm9loader and all this things?
Should I move to one of those instead of rxtools?

Also, is there something so on boot the console goes to emunand? Rigth now I have to click the left shoulder which brings me to ctrlmenu (i think) and I would like to boot directly into emunand instead

Answering myself, with using menuhax you can configure it to boot directly to the emunand.

Now to understand what is luna and see if I should change :/

Answering myself, with using menuhax you can configure it to boot directly to the emunand.

Now to understand what is luna and see if I should change :/

A9LH will take the role of what menuhax is in your current setup. It's the hack that gets everything started. Compared to menuhax, it has a lot of advantages. Such as a lot faster, far more reliable boot.
Then A9LH will boot into Luma, which is a custom FW. As is rxtools in your current setup.

Schlomo

I'm following the Plailect guide currently. Everything went fine until part 3, step 17, when I'm supposed to boot RedNAND for the first time. I tried dozens of times with different versions of Luma, but always get a black screen. I also tried the troubleshooting suggestion of removing the Luma config file, but it doesn't make a difference.

Can anyone help?

Linkark07

Banned
I'm following the Plailect guide currently. Everything went fine until part 3, step 17, when I'm supposed to boot RedNAND for the first time. I tried dozens of times with different versions of Luma, but always get a black screen. I also tried the troubleshooting suggestion of removing the Luma config file, but it doesn't make a difference.

Can anyone help?

I had the same problem. What I did was start doing part 3 from the beginning. Dunno if that can help you though.

Doing this on a Old 3DS btw.

h0tp0ck3t

Yeah, I ended up ordering a copy too.

Does Cubic Ninja still work or has that been pushed aside for now?

It's down right now. From what I can tell Nintendo blocked the game from accessing the internet and Smea is working on a way to get the payload into the QR code so who knows when it'll be back up

Linkark07

Banned
Ok, got stuck while installing Safea9lhinstaller. Got this message: An error occurred while loading the paypaload.
Make sure your launcher is located at : /safeA9Installer.dat

Anybody knows what does this means?

Edit: fixed it. Not sure if it was because I copied Sysnand_original instead of Emunand_Original.

EricB

Is there any simple way to run a multi-language game in a specific language yet?

I have a Japanese New 3DS which I greatly prefer over my American 3DS XL, but several of my games—digital and cartridge alike—play in Japanese despite being NA region games. I'd love to be able to play these games in English on my New 3DS—especially Hyrule Warriors which I am forced to either play in Japanese, or on my regular 3DS.

I'm running the most current version of Reinand on my New 3DS.

itxaka

Defeatist
A9LH will take the role of what menuhax is in your current setup. It's the hack that gets everything started. Compared to menuhax, it has a lot of advantages. Such as a lot faster, far more reliable boot.
Then A9LH will boot into Luma, which is a custom FW. As is rxtools in your current setup.

Thanks. I ended up reading and tinkering until high hours yesterday and finally got what this arm9 exploit + Luna is.

Got it installed, it's freaking awesome. Latest firmware, direct boot to recovery apps, full speed. So awesome.

Schlomo

I had the same problem. What I did was start doing part 3 from the beginning. Dunno if that can help you though.

Doing this on a Old 3DS btw.

This is frustrating. I have retried the whole part 3 now several times with 2 different SD cards, but the few times when Luma didn't just give me a black screen (about 1 out of 15 times), it showed "Sys" in front of the version number instead of "Emu", so obviously it didn't boot into RedNAND.

Hi guys!
I'm sorry if this has been explained before already but I'm on the A9LH on my o3DS, I was thinking about moving to a bigger SD card, but not sure how to go about doing it.
I am pretty sure there is probably a different way of transferring all my saves and stuff to the new SD card.
I followed Plailect's guide completely and am currently on A9LH. Want to move to a bigger SD card. Thanks everybody!

Top Bottom