• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL on sale for $160 at Best Buy (Dec 9th - 15th)

Just picked up the Mario Kart version at Best Buy for $160, love it.

I went to Toys R Us and asked if they'd price match and also give a gift card and they said they wouldn't. Plus they wanted an actual physical advertisement, lol.

I actually enjoyed Mario Kart, I thought I wouldn't, it was pretty fun. Playing some Pokemon for the first time in a long while. Getting Kid Icarus this week which should be awesome.

Why do you need a screen protector?

I was worried about that as well, but the blue actually looks really sleek, it's a nice metallic dark blue, doesn't look bad at all.
MK7 is one of my favorite MK's ever.

Whoops that was the one I meant to link... and they're normally $8.99.
GameStop.com has them in stock for that price (minus Prime, cry), I'm kind of hoping Fry's has some locally, I've got new toy blues and don't want to play any stylus heavy games on it until I get one of those bad boys on it, even though I never used one on my original, heh. Maybe that'll wear off after a couple of weeks.

SlickVic

Also this.

Kmart has a few Nintendo 3DS Games on sale for $29.99 each. If ordering 2, add this http://slickdeals.net/?pno=85548&lno=1&afsrc=1&trd=filler+item filler item and apply $10 off with promo code KMHOLIDAY. Select in-store pickup to save on shipping.
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Brothers 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Tennis Open

http://slickdeals.net/f/5671368-Mario-3DS-games-29-99-at-Kmart-com-10-off-60-coupon

Wow, pretty nice deal. Thanks for the heads up.

Sleepy

Do the system transfer first.

Verify everything is okay when finished (you'll be using your 2GB card on the XL at that moment).

Then simply format the 4GB and copy the contents of the 2GB over and that's it.

Ah, thanks. For some reason I thought you could only use the sd card that came with the system. Nintendo needs to have accounts rather than tie everything to the console bullshit.

Wow, Best Buy in-store pickup was a nightmare. First they spend 20 minutes looking for the box and then they gave me the regular one without MK7. Guess I have to go back tomorrow to try and get a new one.

Abandond

Wow, Best Buy in-store pickup was a nightmare. First they spend 20 minutes looking for the box and then they gave me the regular one without MK7. Guess I have to go back tomorrow to try and get a new one.

I would of just went to the store and bought it, my store had at least 20 of them. Also, the MK7 bundle has MK7 on the box, or could you not see it?

Blizzard

Banned
I already ordered the MK7 bundle with instore pickup, but I ended up on the phone with a friend I hadn't talked to in a while, and got to the store like 10 minutes after it closed. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. D: I would ASSUME they reserve it if it's on instore pickup...

Whoops that was the one I meant to link... and they're normally $8.99.
Double the normal price to make up for the 3DS XL price reductions! *shakefist*

I would of just went to the store and bought it, my store had at least 20 of them. Also, the MK7 bundle has MK7 on the box, or could you not see it?

They tape a full sized piece of paper on the front of the box. I didn't see a reason to pull it off and verify it before leaving the store.

My favorite BBY in store pickup story is when I went to pickup the Deluxe Wii U on launch day. After looking in the reserved items area for 10 minutes, the girl game back with a copy of Zombi U.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This may seem like a stupid question, but... What does GameStop mean by "Hardware must have all necessary components for trade" in their trade-in policy? Do I need to give them the box and manuals too? Haha.

DR2K

Banned
This may seem like a stupid question, but... What does GameStop mean by "Hardware must have all necessary components for trade" in their trade-in policy? Do I need to give them the box and manuals too? Haha.

Controller and wires that allow it to at least function on an SD tv.

Hero

People at CAG are claiming that at Target after the price match they are still getting a 20 dollar Gift Card with their purchase. Pretty good week to buy a 3DS XL.

People at CAG are claiming that at Target after the price match they are still getting a 20 dollar Gift Card with their purchase. Pretty good week to buy a 3DS XL.

When I get paid on Thursday I think this is what I'm going to try and pull off this as long as the MK deal is still up by then at BB.

phants

I tried to jump in on this deal as an international shopper but for the life of me I couldn't find a mix of addresses that gets past whatever post-purchase "detail confirmation" process Best Buy use. Each time, sure that I loaded things the way Best Buy want me to, my order would seem to process OK and then be cancelled (by email).

Any international shoppers out there that understand this arcane system and are able to point out my error? :D?

Dont' know about 3DS, but a couple of years ago when I tried to trade my 360 they wouldn't take it w/o the controller (i was going to give the controller to my brother since he still had one).

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
3DS is so awesome! I picked up one at Target for $140. (not XL) I think the XL would've been too big for me, I like something more portable... and I'm very happy with it.

Right now I'm playing 999 (DS) and currently purchased:
Theatrhym Final Fantasy (sooo good! Love all the music, perfect prefect game for me!)
Mario Land 3D (awesome 3D!)
Kid Icarus Uprising
Resident Evil Revelations
Zero's Escape.

I think the game I've been most surprised about is RE Relevations. That game has some AWESOME 3D and plays so well. The 3DS is a really really great system, I know I'm going to super enjoy it in 2013 with all the games that I have no time to play, haha! My only complaint is that these games are not on eShop. I only have Mario Land 3D purchased on eShop but I would've bought all those games on eShop if they were there. Hopefully Nintendo continues to put current releases on the Shop.

And the AR card stuff... so incredible! It's sad that they haven't made a fully fleshed out AR game. Or that other games haven't done it yet. There's some really really interesting ideas waiting to happen with AR stuff!

Alcibiades

They tape a full sized piece of paper on the front of the box. I didn't see a reason to pull it off and verify it before leaving the store.

This happened to me with a Smallville Season. I think it was Season 8 and they packed in Season 1. Thing is I had kept the bundle of DVDs and games with the paper/rubber band around it for months before I checked the contents.

Not as crappy as your situation in terms of the items involved, but at least you checked and can get it fixed.

catmincer

-snip-

And the AR card stuff... so incredible! It's sad that they haven't made a fully fleshed out AR game. Or that other games haven't done it yet. There's some really really interesting ideas waiting to happen with AR stuff!

Spirit Camera is an.... ambitious use of AR. Check that out.

LiK

I'm picking it up tomorrow. Gonna double check if it's the right one in-store from your experience. Thanks man.

I tried to jump in on this deal as an international shopper but for the life of me I couldn't find a mix of addresses that gets past whatever post-purchase "detail confirmation" process Best Buy use. Each time, sure that I loaded things the way Best Buy want me to, my order would seem to process OK and then be cancelled (by email).

Any international shoppers out there that understand this arcane system and are able to point out my error? :D?

I ordered the Zelda 3DS last year from them, IIRC you have to put a special address for billing. It's in the webpage.

Whelp, I couldn't help myself. Pink/White XL for 40$ off? YES PLEASE.

I'm not usually a fan of internet shopping, but damn, I love it today! Gimme gimme gimme!

Exuro

Got my mom to order the Mario Kart Bundle with Paper Mario, 3DLand and Pokemon White 2 for my little sister's big xmas gift from Best Buy. She's gonna freak. :D

iirate

After seeing this thread, I walked 8 miles to pick one of these bad boys up last night and I'm already in love. Went ahead and bought Colors! 3D and Metroid II, then played some MK7.

The size is perfect, especially considering that I have my micro for more portable adventures. I really like the form factor and the plastic it's made of. The 3D is pretty damn effective and I haven't experienced any headaches from it yet, but the viewing angle is certainly a bit too strict. I'd love a pink/white system over the blue/black(where's orange/black Nintendo?), but the blue/black looks really nice in person and I wasn't about to miss a free copy of MK7 over it.

Abandond

Really? No screen scratching issues with the XL?

Thats what Ive read and I was looking at my ds at home while it was closed and the screens were not touching. You could see through it completely. I tried grabbing a photo but it didnt come out too well.

The regular 3DS is $129.99 and pricing is live both online and in stores. Most locations in my area seems to have stock available. I would jump on this now since Target seemed to run out of stock extremely fast when they went on sale there.

Best Buy in-store pickup is fucking horrible. Not only are their staff unfriendly and unhelpful, but they can never locate your order and always spend several minutes looking it. It's possible they will ignore you for some amount of time to answer the phone and deal with other customers in the mean time. Once they find your order, you better double check it to make sure they got everything right, and don't think you're ready to leave just yet. They have to verify your ID and your card, at the time they had to photocopy my license (I don't think they do this anymore) and you have to sign a bunch of junk paperwork. I think you sign the receipt and they make a copy of that too. Finally, you have to take your purchase to the door and get everything checked before leaving.

For a process that should take no more than 5 minutes, you may end up spending 30 minutes to an hour or more and put up with a bunch of unnecessary bullshit in the process. Totally not worth it.

LiK

My BB in-store pickup recently from a few months ago went well from the store I am going to today for the 3DS XL so hopefully it's a smooth process.

spookyfish

Man: So sorry for people who have crappy store pickup experiences.

Mine took 5 minutes on the way to work this morning (new holiday hours! Yay!) and they did indeed have the Mario Kart one set aside.

It seems like there's still quite a bit of stock, though. Their "check stores" link seems to work really well.

Also: ordered the large circle pad pro from Play-Asia, and that's on its way.

Gamestop is also offering double trade in value for any handheld towards a 3DS XL this week. Anyone know the current trade in value of a 3DS @ Gamestop right now?

Top Bottom