• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 minutes of No Man's Sky gameplay (w/ RAW AUDIO)

OmegaDL50

Yo

Amazon has the Limited Edition available for pre-order again.

So if anyone wanted to get their hands on it and didn't get their chance, the opportunity has arrived.

So I read something really cool, which I think is news, in the Official Playstation Magazine UK hands-on preview. We sort of knew shit would be mixed up towards the centre of the galaxy, but not how.

Quote:

Art director, Grant Duncan: "We've tried to break the rules as you get closer to the centre. We can change everything about a planet as you get closer – we can make the terrain break all the rules, and we can break all the rules of the atmosphere and trees and everything, so you can arrive on a planet where everything is unsettling and the creatures start moving in unsettling ways. So if you saw an elephant moving in the same way a dog does – if you take a dog skeleton, and tweak it until you basically get an elephant skeleton – you would be like "What the fuck?" Hopefully, it all adds to the sense of 'Urgh, what is this place?'-ness. We're trying to get that feeling of moving forward."

Shit that sounds good.

Jesus shit. An example of the above, perhaps.

MORE IMPRESSIONS, FOX, I DEMAND IT

That sounds crazy interesting.

Can't wait to get this in my hands.

SomTervo

We know there's going to be a narrative reason for heading into the centre of the galaxy, so I wonder if the increased strangeness as we get closer has a story purpose.

It might be. Not too likely, I'd say, though. I think the idea is that the centre of the galaxy is just more chaotic. I'm sure the plot justification will be something higher-level, like about the Sentinels or about your own existence/purpose.

The main thing I hope is that there are cities, or city planets. That would be fucking amazing.

That sounds crazy interesting.

Can't wait to get this in my hands.

I know T_T

ayarger

Neo Member
Perhaps this trailer was designed to play up the wanderlust aspects of the game? The gameplay feels low-key and slow. Peaceful. Perhaps that was their aim.

Lemondish

It might be. Not too likely, I'd say, though. I think the idea is that the centre of the galaxy is just more chaotic. I'm sure the plot justification will be something higher-level, like about the Sentinels or about your own existence/purpose.

The main thing I hope is that there are cities, or city planets. That would be fucking amazing.

I know T_T

The only thing more amazing to me than the idea of city planets would be a planet of city ruins.

SomTervo

The only thing more amazing to me than the idea of city planets would be a planet of city ruins.

Huh, that might be even more likely. Populating a city's worth of planet would be pretty ridiculous

Perhaps this trailer was designed to play up the wanderlust aspects of the game? The gameplay feels low-key and slow. Peaceful. Perhaps that was their aim.

Yeah, I think they're really trying to push the fact that adventure and discovery are the game's key draws. There are some complex layered mechanics and simulation there, but the thing that'll keep you playing is the variety and exploration.

Top Bottom