• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 New Marvel VS. Capcom 3 characters unveiled

V_Ben

Banned
We got four big character reveals this morning for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3!

From the Marvel side: Doctor Doom and Super-Skrull! From the Capcom side: Trish (Devil May Cry) and Chun-Li (Street Fighter). See them in action in the trailers I've included in this blog post! Hit the jump to see more screenshots and trailers!

Additionally, be sure to check out the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 panel on Friday, July 23 in Room 24ABC from 2:00–3:00 PM at Comic-Con. We’ll have Marvel writer Frank Tieri on hand to talk about the story he’s creating with the Capcom team along with some other surprises.

Finally, we'll be holding MVC3 tournaments daily at the Capcom booth at 11AM and 3PM so be sure to sign up early!

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is due in Spring 2011!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/07/20/marvel_vs._capcom_3:_four_new_characters_revealed

Comic Con 2010 Trailer;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnKGiQYuOKs&feature=player_embedded

7JfFO.jpg

ZJ5sz.jpg

0C6N9.jpg

Edit: A Pic Of Deadpool's Super, because its just so awesome :lol
VM7qn.jpg

Hugbot

Not so stoked about another DMC character but Doom and Super Skrull should be excellent. Chun was kind of a foregone conclusion though.

V_Ben

Banned
FoneBone said:
there's not some competition to be the first to post this; you can take 15 seconds to post a link

sorry, I clicked the button by accident, it wasn't supposed to go up :lol

ultron87

Super Skrull was somewhat unexpected. So that's cool.

And I guess that means we won't be getting any Fantastic Four characters as it'd be somewhat redundant?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont know who Super Skrull and Trish are ! :lol
But anyway the game's gonna kick some serious butts.

LiK

Fersis said:
Super Skrull is from Fantastic Four and he has all the powers of the team. Pretty much a good stand-in for F4.

Trish is the babe from DMC.

FoneBone

ultron87 said:
Super Skrull was somewhat unexpected.
not really, he's been prominently featured in promo art (in silhouette) since the game was announced.

and yes, it's confirmed that none of the FF are playable (due to limited roster size, supposedly).

JWong

Banned
Fersis said:
Trish has a dark soul that needed to be filled by Dante's light.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
ultron87 said:
Super Skrull was somewhat unexpected. So that's cool.

And I guess that means we won't be getting any Fantastic Four characters as it'd be somewhat redundant?
instead of Having 1 2 or 4 Fantastic 4s.....just put Super Skrull, problem solved

Trish witht he Sparda, i need vids

LOL deadpool is using his own HP bar to hit the opponent :lol

I am slowly starting to dislike the art style as it makes everyone look like ugly plastic figures, plus the overall cast announced so far isn't as interesting to me compared to MvC2

GhaleonQ

Manmademan said:
so you already know how she plays then? save the venom until we see the game, chief

Yes, I'm sure over half of the fan interest is due to the game mechanics. I recall a bunch of people in Gamestop wondering whether the Exchange mechanic would cause this to play too different from Tatsunoko Versus Capcom.

*waste of a premium slot* For the record, I'd love for less visible characters to be included. It's the 2 slots for the series that are peculiar.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ok where is that jackass who kept insulting me cause there was NO WAY that Trish was gonna be that silhouette that was obviously her?

ultron87

FoneBone said:
not really, he's been prominently featured in promo art (in silhouette) since the game was announced.

and yes, it's confirmed that none of the FF are playable (due to limited roster size, supposedly).

Well it was really just unexpected by me personally. I haven't really been following the promo art :lol.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I like Doom, but I always felt some of his normals where too clunky. Hope that gets remidied here. Rock wall assist for everyone!

Super Skrull... looks cool! Never cared for him in comics, but looks fun to play here! Probably the coolest looking of those revealed.

Chun Li... Laura Bailey returns as her US VA, eh? I love her in most every other roll, but I wish her Chun didn't sounds like, say, Maka on Soul Eater. Just doesn't work for me. Her moves here looked ok. Did she do anything REALLY impressive?

Trish... meh. Bigger DMC fans mights end up happy, but what I saw in this vid looked stiff and awkward. She didn't really sell me on the power of any of her moves...

I keep wondering if they'll really have the passion to make characters and animations as expressive as their 90's counterparts... Skrull said "Yes!", Trish said "No...", really interested to see which side the remaining new members of the cast will lean towards!

And are those Character themes I hear? If so, I welcome the idea of new themes for these new characters, THOSE should be interesting to listen to!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
GhaleonQ said:
Yes, I'm sure over half of the fan interest is due to the game mechanics. I recall a bunch of people in Gamestop wondering whether the Exchange mechanic would cause this to play too different from Tatsunoko Versus Capcom.

*waste of a premium slot* For the record, I'd love for less visible characters to be included. It's the 2 slots for the series that are peculiar.

They already stated they are using the game to show off more popular character or ones they plan to use in the future.

Xater

KevinCow said:
http://imgur.com/VM7qn.jpg[img]

Is... Is Deadpool hitting his opponent with his lifebar?[/QUOTE]

Yes and that's not exactly news. We have know about this move for a while.

Top Bottom