• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 years of service

L9vw5q9.jpg

In this thread you people can congratulate me on my 4 years of service on this website.
I've not been the most active member but hopefully that'll change.

DKehoe

He has a questionable history:
I remember him posting some weird shit but, within reason, forums should have some weird characters. If something steps over the line then yeh they can get banned for it but if he was banned for something before and the ban period passed then what's the problem? Is it that a previous ban was meant to be a perm and wasn't?

The ban reason listed is pretty vague. More transparency around that stuff would be nice since it's been an issue in the past.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Looking at this guy's posting history ... nothing of value was lost.

StueyDuck

Geez looking at that ban list there's a nutter out there whose really not stoked on the mods...

How can they make that many alts, that's a tedious amount of Gmail accounts to make just to get banned 🤣

OT: I wish I was here for the meltdown when it happened but that ban reason is pretty funny

MarkMe2525

I remember him posting some weird shit but, within reason, forums should have some weird characters. If something steps over the line then yeh they can get banned for it but if he was banned for something before and the ban period passed then what's the problem? Is it that a previous ban was meant to be a perm and wasn't?

The ban reason listed is pretty vague. More transparency around that stuff would be nice since it's been an issue in the past.
More transparency would be beneficial, not only in terms of allowing us as a community to monitor the enforcement of such decisions, but to also crystallize what is or what is not acceptable behavior.

Pejo

He has a questionable history:
Damn that thread is a graveyard. It's crazy to see the number of circlejerk groups that have come and gone in just my time here at GAF, and I'm not even a senior member. Almost all of them end up banned eventually. It is not in your best interest to become GAF-Famous for the usual reasons.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Geez looking at that ban list there's a nutter out there whose really not stoked on the mods...

How can they make that many alts, that's a tedious amount of Gmail accounts to make just to get banned 🤣

OT: I wish I was here for the meltdown when it happened but that ban reason is pretty funny
That would be Rendered Tangent wasn't a meltdown - just a twat.

Last edited:

DKehoe

More transparency would be beneficial, not only in terms of allowing us as a community to monitor the enforcement of such decisions, but to also crystallize what is or what is not acceptable behavior.
Yeh, the ban page was put in place to give that transparency and let us know what sort of conduct can get you banned. What am I meant to take from "Congratulations" being the reason someone got permanently banned? The ban messages shouldn't just be a fuck you from the mods to the banned user. There's no linked post so there's not a context there to go off of either.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Yeh, the ban page was put in place to give that transparency and let us know what sort of conduct can get you banned. What am I meant to take from "Congratulations" being the reason someone got permanently banned? The ban messages shouldn't just be a fuck you from the mods to the banned user. There's no linked post so there's not a context there to go off of either.

Im pretty sure OP was supposed to be perma-banned in the first place. No idea why he wasnt. I could be wrong tho. I do agree that there were some perms here a bit too harsh. We lost some really good old members just because they shitposted.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Damn that thread is a graveyard. It's crazy to see the number of circlejerk groups that have come and gone in just my time here at GAF, and I'm not even a senior member. Almost all of them end up banned eventually. It is not in your best interest to become GAF-Famous for the usual reasons.
What is my ranking. I am Gaf-Famous or just Annoying.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Every time i look at this, I am always surprised by my high like count. i always thought people hated my opinions because of how much pushback i get lmao. woke up to 35 likes today and i was like wtf.

I cant believe adamsapple has topped me even though he only started posting a couple of years ago. He's going to get up there with manabyte and deepenigma one day i can feel it. I guess I will have to settle for having the best post/likes ratio after evillore in the top 10. yes, i am nerdy enough to do the math.

Top Bottom