• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

400 MS Points for free as many times as you want [Seemingly Out]

Apath

U n i o n 0015 said:
Ha, yeah.

This definitely won't end well. The last points problem was simply an error on Live Rewards' part. I don't know what this is. I would avoid.
A last ditch attempt by Microsoft to rekindle my love for the system and XBOX Live? If they ban me I'll just be done with XBOX.

ckohler said:
I like how people are perfectly okay doing this simply because it works. It's like discovering a loophole in your taxes and being like "Hey, it works. Why not? I'll never get audited."
OCCUPY XBOX.COM, I AM THE 99%.

Wazzim

Banned
Special J said:
they'll trace this back and prolly ban your account. its easy to check the history and see multiple redemption of 400msp. so dont use your main account.
Ban me for what? Come at me MS. (got another Gold US account so I don't really give a shit what happens, FREE DLC!)

Special J said:
they'll trace this back and prolly ban your account. its easy to check the history and see multiple redemption of 400msp. so dont use your main account.

Which is why I'm not going to get greedy, I redeemed once and that's it.

Last Hearth said:
Which is why I'm not going to get greedy, I redeemed once and that's it.
Even if you redeemed it once, you're still exploiting the system. There's no trying to look at it as the lesser of evils.

Persona7

Banned
Special J said:
They can still trace system IDs and IPs and ban your main account even if you use a different account.

No_Style

People opting not to jump on this?

What happened to you, GAF? You used to be cool.

Honestly, what happened last time something like this was found? Did people really get banned?

spindashing said:
Even if you redeemed it once, you're still exploiting the system. There's no trying to look at it as the lesser of evils.

why? it's a promotion to get 400 points. why is it exploiting?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey guys, when something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Somehow, you guys are gonna get fucked.

Kinyou

NullPointer said:
Yeah... no.

I don't expect this to end well.

Its not like MS can't track these point redemptions to your gamertag.
Well you could redeem those codes on a fake account and then....

Tansut

I got 800 points. I'm not doing anymore. If Microsoft gets pissy about this maybe they'll show mercy on those who only did it once or twice.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
No_Style said:
People opting not to jump on this?

What happened to you, GAF? You used to be cool.

Honestly, what happened last time something like this was found? Did people really get banned?

no. If anything they'll just take the points back like that time it glitched and started sending people thousands of points by mistake.

Threi

notag
proceeding with caution

and microsoft if you are reading this post my gamertag is xXxEbonyHeatxXx, not threi as people frequently mistake it

spindashing said:
Well surely the promotion is intended for you to redeem one 400 points offer
I wouldn't considering that an exploit

Diprosalic said:
I don't know man, I'm sitting in a room full of MS Point codes from this.

406782-im_rich_bitch.jpeg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ZealousD said:
Hey guys, when something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Somehow, you guys are gonna get fucked.
Well, they never canceled my three free years of Xbox Live.

That said, I haven't turned my Xbox 360 on in a year and a half so really I couldn't care if they ban my account over 1200 points.

spindashing said:

It's a promotion by t-mobile, why is using it an "exploit"? I've gotten free MS points for other promotions and I don't consider them exploits. Only repeated using is exploiting IMO.

Lyude77

Diprosalic said:
Yeah. I feel like I still was advertised to for the Windows phone/TMobile, even if it is in German. Using it more than once is an exploit, but using it once should be legit in my opinion.

Edit: Beaten. Oh well.

Top Bottom