• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan News exclusive: The PlayStation Experience June 28, 2021

Bartski

Gold Member
Needless to say this could be BS. Apparently

leaked from an email sent to one of the companies that will participate in this event, it seems that Sony is interested in creating a big event for this end of June.

TRjHvDv.jpg

grain-of-salt.jpg

nbkicker

Well they wont be wrong maybe just about the date, as everyone knows sony holds a event june for ps4 ,ps5, vr and the studios mentioned will be there as there the ones from the last event

Duchess

Remake by Bluepoint and Square-Enix?

Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Sony normally has their events on a Thursday. The 28th is a Monday so I doubt that will happen. Horizon 2 after BF on November 30th which is a Tuesday is a release day for games but Sony normally releases them on Fridays due to being a worldwide release. Yeah, im not going to believe this until Sony says it themselves. Plus, if the email is dated today which is a federal holiday in the U.S. and Sony runs their U.S. structure out of San Francisco so I highly doubt this to be real.

nbkicker

On second thoughts im calling bull on this, we all no there is gonna be sony presentation in jun or july but hasnt sony done every presentation for the last yr, yr and half including last yrs event on a thu and the 28th is a monday , i think its more likely 17th or 24th

nbkicker

Sony normally has their events on a Thursday. The 28th is a Monday so I doubt that will happen. Horizon 2 after BF on November 30th which is a Tuesday is a release day for games but Sony normally releases them on Fridays due to being a worldwide release. Yeah, im not going to believe this until Sony says it themselves. Plus, if the email is dated today which is a federal holiday in the U.S. and Sony runs their U.S. structure out of San Francisco so I highly doubt this to be real.
You beat me to it, i agree sony events are always a Thursday

reinking

Gold Member

Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.

Whitney Houston Agree GIF

Bartski

Gold Member
yeah I'd not be surprised if there was no big "event" this summer at all.

Hard not to see the shift in communications strategy, in line with the push for playstation.blog significance rumored to be part of it very early on - semi-shadow dropping big news via the blog and state of plays that feel almost last minute and spreading that over time rather than blowing the load all at once.

Everything the first party is doing carries such a weight that it can easily stand on its own. At some point, they can just say - "this week Trursday SoP presents the new God of War" or "Naughty Dog special" and that's just enough to make the internet explode and give them undivided attention. Looking at their recent output looks like it's working.

Last edited:

Ellery

Feels a bit early and I am not sure how much Playstation has to show. They just revealed a big chunk of Horizon Forbidden West gameplay. God of War Sequel might be a possibility, but I feel like it is too soon (likely delayed to 2022 as well). Naughty Dog hasn't had enough time yet after TLOU Part II for a game reveal. Probably somewhere in the early stages.

Not sure. I don't have extremely high expectations. At least not as high as for Microsoft and Nintendo which have had a lot more time and should be a in better position to reveal stuff in June.
(I hope to be wrong about Playstation though and especially GoW)

GuinGuin

Banned
Square and Bluepoint??? Can't really think of what they would work on together. Can't see Bluepoint doing something turn based.

SCB3

Although more believable than most rumors of this kind, I still don't believe it

This would imply that there are several Bluepoint remakes in the works, and BP are supposed to be working on an original IP as well? They're not that big to be able to support that

sublimit

Banned
Although more believable than most rumors of this kind, I still don't believe it

This would imply that there are several Bluepoint remakes in the works, and BP are supposed to be working on an original IP as well? They're not that big to be able to support that
Where did you heard that? lol

I can't keep up with all those fake rumors! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I still think there's benefit to doing a big yearly showcase. The hype gets much bigger overall, and allows some of the smaller titles to benefit from a big showing.

I think Horizon: FW is just so big that they wanted to steal some limelight before everyone else, which worked perfectly since it's the hot topic of conversation before every company has a blowout of news.

I also think they will be going last - whether it's late June or even in August, who knows. I'm hopeful that means they have a LOT to show by letting Horizon go first. I think we get a new Horizon trailer + possible release date at this event.

Monokrom

Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
Please be Parasite Eve.
You win the thread! :)

AmuroChan

Team fake on this one. If this is an email that was went to an attendee, why would Sony reveal in the email what the release date of Horizon 2 is? That makes no sense. Also, didn't Sony already say PSVR 2 is still a ways away? It's not a good look optically to announce new hardware when your customers are still having problems procuring a PS5.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Do EA and Sony have a good relationship? I've only seen marketing deals between EA and Xbox in the recent past. Interesting.

Top Bottom