• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan: Square Soft Could Sell The Western Branch To Ubisoft !

Animagic

Banned
EnScFIbXMAM-Zhd

Good if true

* Square Enix, mod pls change the title

good. Offload the dead weight.

Denton

It probably ain't true, but frankly, it sounds perfectly plausible. It does not seem to me like Squeenix actually knows how to make Eidos successful again.

poodaddy

I don't give a damn what happens to Tomb Raider, but seeing Deus Ex and Legacy of Kain become land locked to God awful Uplay would just be so incredibly depressing. I legit wish CDPR or Valve would buy Deus Ex; that IP should be owned by a PC centric developer.

Rat Rage

FINALLY.

SQUARE SHOULD JUST LOCK THEIR GAMES IN JAPAN, TO NEVER LEAVE EVER AGAIN.

MAYBE THEN WE'LL FINALLY GET A GOOD FINAL FANTASY AGAIN.

No, the Final Fantasy franchise is forever dead. FI-NI-TO! There is no chance Square will ever make a good Final Fantasy again. Never. ever! They just don't have the talent anymore. Everyone left.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
FINALLY.

SQUARE SHOULD JUST LOCK THEIR GAMES IN JAPAN, TO NEVER LEAVE EVER AGAIN.

MAYBE THEN WE'LL FINALLY GET A GOOD FINAL FANTASY AGAIN.
I don't think FF had any Western influence. The only gaijin I know of who worked of FF recently is Roberto Ferrari but he designed Cindy and she is haraam amongst progressives so...

I don't belive this. I'm sure there would be a bidding war from a lot of companies.
Why? Deus Ex didn’t sell. Tomb Raider sold less with each installment. Thief didn’t sell. Their DEV teams aren’t particularly great. There’s nothing to really have a bidding war over.

RNG

Please for the love of god don't be Ubisoft. Next Deus Ex gonna be bombarded with a million icons on the map with cookie cutter Ctrl C + Ctrl V side missions.

Square Enix western division is garbage anyway, they're responsible for Avengers bombing, an ip that had no business bombing as bad as it did. Besides tomb raider which went woke anyways, I can't see how this a big loss for SE, more like a necessary sacrifice, hopefully this won't hold them back anymore and they can focus 100% of their budget on their Japanese division like they used to.

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
So basically selling Eidos. That would be a great move for Ubisoft.

reptilex

Banned
Horrible if true.

The video game sector is in self-destruction mode. If you though Avengers was bad, even though the Eidos reboot were amazing, wait till you see how fucking disgusting Ubisoft will turn Tomb Raider, Just Cause or Deus EX into.

Ubisoft just doesn't have a serious international level design approach of things, and they fired the few they had because of false/uncalled accusations. A failing company selling to a worse failing company really is the beginning of the end.

Daymos

So basically selling Eidos. That would be a great move for Ubisoft.

Eidos would be a better fit for Ubisoft than square anyways. Square/enix should just stick to RPGs. In an rpg you boost the stats you're good at, buying eidos just boosted their action-game lineup... making them middle of the road. :p

Should have been square + enix + falcom .. falcom needs help with graphics, final fantasy needs help with gameplay and story, it's a win-win. Maybe then we can finally play all the legend of heroes games in english.

Last edited:

Hudo

A more consequential lesson for Square Enix would've been to just not bother with any more capeshit games.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
No, the Final Fantasy franchise is forever dead. FI-NI-TO! There is no chance Square will ever make a good Final Fantasy again. Never. ever! They just don't have the talent anymore. Everyone left.

Hate giving this shitty trainwreck of a thread another bump, but this is simply not true. Final Fantasy XIV is one of the best FF games of all time and it keeps delivering with every update.

In before the "MMORPGs can't be good!" whines.

Top Bottom