• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 Reasons To Buy An Xbox One X Instead of a PS4 Pro (Another Forbes Article)

Airbus Jr

Banned
tenor.gif

BigLee74

He's still twisting it because he physically cannot compliment anything about Xbox in any way. Look at the last line: "I guess, that's how he feels, but I wonder if Forbes is actually looking for a certain set of contributors or writers right now...…?"

Implying that Forbes are looking for pro-MS writers lol. He just looks for anything remotely positive about Xbox just so that he can complain about it.

Also note how he then goes on to like every single post that disagrees with it?

He just clutters this forum with anti xbox guff, and triggers the console warring. Ever since his last ban he tries to be clever about it, but hes not as clever as he thinks he is.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Also note how he then goes on to like every single post that disagrees with it?

He just clutters this forum with anti xbox guff, and triggers the console warring. Ever since his last ban he tries to be clever about it, but hes not as clever as he thinks he is.

Just type...like this........and you can.......get away.......with anything......it seems...........

Smasher89

Lol, someone pushing x which has no exclusives. Werent ms gonna release a next gen console this holiday as they said on e3 too? Wonder what consumerrights they are pushing against this time, play sessions without comercials?

BigLee74

Sorry, what other console can you play Gears, Halo, Forza, Quantum Break, Ori etc on? That's a console exclusive in my eyes.

Of course, buy them on PC if you have a gaming PC, that's still money for MS.

GHG

Sorry, what other console can you play Gears, Halo, Forza, Quantum Break, Ori etc on? That's a console exclusive in my eyes.

Of course, buy them on PC if you have a gaming PC, that's still money for MS.

The problem is not enough people give a shit about those games (or don't give a shit anymore in the case of the legacy ip's). Franchises like Halo and Gears are not as compelling as they wince were, the audience for racing games is diminishing thanks to tree hugging activists who go around screeching "cars bad!", and the rest of them didn't move the needle despite being decent to good.

So yeh, you can list out a bunch of games just as anyone can for other consoles they've owned that didn't do so well, but over the course of the generation it's been plain to see what the wider audience thinks of what's been offered.

The problem is not enough people give a shit about those games (or don't give a shit anymore in the case of the legacy ip's). Franchises like Halo and Gears are not as compelling as they wince were, the audience for racing games is diminishing thanks to tree hugging activists who go around screeching "cars bad!", and the rest of them didn't move the needle despite being decent to good.

So yeh, you can list out a bunch of games just as anyone can for other consoles they've owned that didn't do so well, but over the course of the generation it's been plain to see what the wider audience thinks of what's been offered.

Yeah, racing games has its audience, it's a reliable audience but it's still a certain audience. Similar to how your annual NBA or Madden game has a dedicated audience that might include people who play NO OTHER games. While other genres have break-out hits with new IPs still it's not quite the same story with racing/sports games where it's the same franchises every year.

GHG

Yeah, racing games has its audience, it's a reliable audience but it's still a certain audience. Similar to how your annual NBA or Madden game has a dedicated audience that might include people who play NO OTHER games. While other genres have break-out hits with new IPs still it's not quite the same story with racing/sports games where it's the same franchises every year.

Yep it's true. I'm a huge fan of racing games and often go through periods where I play nothing other than racing games.

If you want to be good and play competitively then they are huge time sinks and can really suck you in.

The problem is the fact that the number of people playing these types of games a decade ago was far greater than it is today. Most of the younger generation just aren't interested in cars like most people who are currently 30 (or around that age) and over were at the same age. As a result, car culture is dying out and is becoming more and more niche as time goes by.

Most of the people who grew up playing GT and Forza seriously have either graduated to the more serious PC racing sims or have been successful enough in life to own their own car to drive around and tinker with.

This is why Forza felt the need to add non-car related stuff like clothing and emotes to stay relevant and try to connect with a younger audience.

Last edited:

Romulus

Plus, I love my PSVR.

The biggest factor for me. Sony wowed me with VR this gen and I never saw that coming.

Even if the next xbox is 200% more powerful than ps5, I'll still own ps5 because of psvr. I don't see xbox doing VR., they have enough of a task as it is.

Last edited:
Yep it's true. I'm a huge fan of racing games and often go through periods where I play nothing other than racing games.

If you want to be good and play competitively then they are huge time sinks and can really suck you in.

The problem is the fact that the number of people playing these types of games a decade ago was far greater than it is today. Most of the younger generation just aren't interested in cars like most people who are currently 30 (or around that age) and over were at the same age. As a result, car culture is dying out and is becoming more and more niche as time goes by.

Most of the people who grew up playing GT and Forza seriously have either graduated to the more serious PC racing sims or have been successful enough in life to own their own car to drive around and tinker with.

This is why Forza felt the need to add non-car related stuff like clothing and emotes to stay relevant and try to connect with a younger audience.

I was a big fan of the Burnout franchise and it's pretty much gone. A few Need for Speed games attempted to fill that hole but they couldn't fully do it.

There can be an argument made against buying a X1X and getting a PS4 + PC combo but I'm not gonna address that argument in an article that I'm telling people to buy an X1X...this article is so halfassed and looks like it took 15 min to write.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
But whatever the fuck you want. No need to be a sheep and do whatever anyone tells you. This salty prick isn’t stopping anytime soon I see 😂😂

thelastword

Banned
Looks good on ya.
I really don't know why this is surprising to anyone. I never attack anyone personally, I attack the arguments...….. I like to hear all sides and I read and listen to all arguments, I don't throw a tantrum when something is said against Sony, I look at the arguments made and if there is merit in a counter-argument I make it...

Now before anyone twists things......I did say to you that I didn't particularly agree with the arguments from the Forbes article, but I'm not hiding away, running, refusing to read and throw a hissy fit by just reading a thread topic...….In my opinion, I think the arguments made by
Mr kain from Forbes is kinda familiar, its the same points XBOX fans have been making for a while now, so its no perspective unbeknownst to us or something fresh, where we could say, "Hey I didn't think about that before", that's true......

So to his points...

-Truth is, being more powerful has not done anything for XBONEX, PRO's sell more because of the games. Being more powerful has never decide a generation or sold more consoles

-Gears is not what it used to be, neither is Halo, they've lost their soul from the original creators. I think MS should concentrate on some new IP's. I think the same way the writer spoke of Infinite is the same way many fans and media people saw 5, a return to form....and of course the results and reception says something different. I'm not sure we have seen an iota of gameplay yet, but even then, the truth is that the mojo of these franchises is gone, so sales continue to taper off with each new entry.

-I'm currently on Gamepass Ultimate, but to tell you the truth I only did so for Gears 5, because I like TPS or third person games.....I've browsed through many of the titles and I'm really not enthused. Quite a few of the titles I have on PC and bought it cheap. Tbh, I'd rather buy SLT, ORI etc... for $5 on Steam and the rest of the games, I have no interest in, and the bigger ones I've bought. I have all the ultimate versions of Forza already, Gears 4, Gears 1 Remake......I have K.I, Sunset Overdrive etc on Steam.....I think right now the biggest pull for gamepass is to play MS's AAA games cheaply on Day 1, you save $59 to buy exclusives elsewhere...I'm not sure that's a success story for MS though, because it means Sony and Nintendo is getting more of the gamer's cash...….

-Backward Compatibilty is ok, but people need new games, that's what fires up a generation......Tbh, I'd rather play a remake of an older game...Like I did Gears 1 reamke....If they remade Gears 2+3+Judgment or remade Ninja Gaiden and Otogi series, I'd be there day 1......I'd prefer that tbh and most people do.. MS just never has a clue....Look at how Crash and Spyro is selling...….GTA enhanced from last gen is still breaking all types of records......The downside to MS's BC is that most of the games are stuck at 30fps and lower with little to visual improvements that you would find in remasters/remakes....

-All I'm saying about the studios is that they need to prove themselves before we use them as a success story. Rare was more impressive than all of these studios combined before the purchase, and look at Rare now.....Besides most of these Studios are AA studios, so which of these is going to give MS a new IP on the level of Halo or Gear in their hey day?

Personally, I think MS should wipe the slate clean and go bonkers on new franchises, one or two might stick and become popular or innovative....They have nto been able to advance their current bug franchises like other houses can.....

1. While I agree, being the most powerful console doesn't mean much if your first party titles aren't fully taking advantage of all that power. While Gears 5 is amazing, it's two months short of two years after X released where as with PS4 Pro, Horizon Zero Dawn took advantage of the console's power three months after it released is more impressive to me. Add in Uncharted The Lost Legacy, God of War, Spider Man and Days Gone and PS4 Pro becomes even more impressive. Sure, you have RDR 2 which is native 4K but had no/broken HDR at launch, AC Odyssey which looks amazing and Metro Exodus which I also believe is native 4K on X but all three look amazing as well on PS4 Pro so for me, I'll take the lower resolution of the multi-platform games in exchange for having the far superior first party games.

2. Gears 5 was an excellent 9.0/10 but the more I think about it, it's an 8.5/10 at best. Reason I rated it a 9.0/10 is because I enjoyed it more than Gears 4 (8.5/10) and wanted the series to stay at a 9.0/10 average overall with all five games. Still believe that Gears 2 is the series best and Gears Ultimate Edition second. As for Halo Infinite, I'll be playing it on Scarlett as my X will be long gone by then.

3. As someone who has had Game Pass Ultimate since E3 and will have it until September 2020, it's good but not great. First and foremost, outside of the first party games which can be hit or miss, majority of the games available for me personally are either crap, meh or no interest for me. When they add games (like DMC 5 or Metro Exodus for example) that are six months old or less, it's great value but I already beat them back at launch and have no issue paying $60 for each game. In fact, I prefer it over waiting to see if it does go on Game Pass because not every game I care about is going to. Had Game Pass from June 2018 to January 2019. In 15 months overall, I have played more Xbox 360 games (Gears trilogy, Darksiders 1 & 2) than I have Xbox One games (Mutant Year Zero and Gears 5).

My biggest complaint with Game Pass ties into #5 because outside of Playground Games, I simply see the majority of their future games as being AA titles developed in 2-3 years as opposed to being AAA blockbusters. AA games are good and I have enjoyed a bunch of them this gen (Vampyr, Darksiders III, GreedFall, The Surge and A Plague Tale) but it's not what im expecting from Microsoft who's the hardware manufacturer for Xbox. I expect the hardware manufacturers to give me the best of the best that their respective console can offer. I simply don't ever see that happening with Xbox. I see the first half of Xbox 360 as their best of the best and it's simply not coming back. Hope im wrong because that would be better for me but im not expecting that to ever happen.

While PlayStation 4 has PS Now, in no way, shape or form do I want to see Sony put their exclusives on it day one (downloadable or not) simply because I believe they would go in a quantity over quality direction. That's simply not what I want. I will always gladly pay $60 for a generation classic like God of War over paying $4 for Gears 5 on Game Pass Ultimate simply because not giving away the game for basically nothing tells me that it's not only great but worth the cost. Also, putting your exclusives on Game Pass day one (mainly the big three) simply devalues their worth and the IP itself which im not a fan of.

4. Backwards Compatibility is great and I was able to play some Xbox 360 games that I missed out on (Gears trilogy, Darksiders 1 and 2) but at the same time, it's not mandatory or necessary for me. If it's there, great but if not, meh. My only complaint with Backwards Compatibility is that outside of PlayStation 2, it's never ever FULL backwards compatibility because publishers have to approve the game being added to that list where as with PS2, you can insert a 1995 CD-Rom PS One game NOW and it still plays as it did back on release. So while great, I don't believe that it will ever be anywhere as great as it was back on PS2. Not even Sony will be able to accomplish this due to publishers having to approve their games being added.

5. While acquiring several studios is great, majority of them are simply AA studios and as far as I know are staying at the AA level as opposed to being elevated to AAA. Playground Games is simply the only AAA studio that they've acquired where as Ninja Theory, Obsidian, InXile, Double Fine, Undead Labs and Compulsion Games are AA studios. I see this as being due to Game Pass because they need content and will have to meet a quota which means majority of games will be developed in 2-3 years.

I have no problems with AA games but in my opinion, that's NOT going to help the Xbox brand especially when you see Sony basically blow away all those acquisitions in one single move with the acquisition of Insomniac. In my opinion, Ninja Theory, Obsidian and InXile should ALL be elevated to AAA status. Keeping them at the AA level is a massive disappointment for me personally.

Obviously, just have to wait and see how Scarlett starts and plays out over the long term. This gen is basically done and has been done for years. For me personally, I simply expect more from Microsoft and they haven't reached those expectations since the first half of Xbox 360. Hoping that changes with Scarlett but im not going to hold my breath.
Very well argued post.....
Are Forbes contributors Microsoft's last line of defence or something?

Every time something negative happens or is being discussed one of these articles pops up like clockwork.
I think perhaps MS is using Forbes as a marketing machine. Perhaps the contributors are onboard to make some well needed cash. The way this Forbes contributor formatted his article, looks like he went on some gaming forums, maybe Reset, got all the positive arguments and summed it up in one post. He didn't bring in new points, It didn't even sound like this is how he really felt to tbh....Yet, its his opinion and I'm willing to give him the benefit of some doubt instead of none....

Good point, though I think racing games can make a resurgence next gen...…...No racing game should be 30fps next gen.....Physics, AI, lighting and immersion will bring a level of authenticity we've never seen in racers before.....

Journey

Banned

False. Ori is not available yet :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Also, you can't play it at 4K HDR like on X1X either and boy does it look glorious, can even start imagining the rest of the downgrades. But we'll try what we can do avoid an Xbox at all costs, cause that's what we must do, band together as hardcore Xbox haters and find reasons NOT to buy one instead lol.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Has UHD Bluray made games better this gen? Did Crackdown 3 etc... use it for better sound, larger worlds, better loadtimes…? What was the impact on gaming this gen? I think last gen we got better sound, less compressed movies higher quality CG, less discs per package, there were advantages...….Please argue UHD bluray's importance from a gaming standpoint.....

its a positive to buy an X over a pro though

Quezacolt

Besides the controller, Forza and hope that Halo becomes good again, there's zero reason for me to get an xbox, and that saddens me. I have all last gen consoles at home and i have great memories playing the OG and the 360. I don't care about gamepass either, i'd raqther buy my own games physically than to have to continue paying for a service or else i lose everything they "give".

Power is great, but if i had to choose between an X and a pro, it would be the pro, because what matters the most is the games each console have, not if they look a bit better.

Besides the controller, Forza and hope that Halo becomes good again, there's zero reason for me to get an xbox, and that saddens me. I have all last gen consoles at home and i have great memories playing the OG and the 360. I don't care about gamepass either, i'd raqther buy my own games physically than to have to continue paying for a service or else i lose everything they "give".

Power is great, but if i had to choose between an X and a pro, it would be the pro, because what matters the most is the games each console have, not if they look a bit better.

ForzaH4 is pretty good though.

Quezacolt

ForzaH4 is pretty good though.
Sure, but im not going to spend hundreds of euros just to play 1 game. When i made the choice to buy my ps4 for example, it was because i wanted to play spider-man, bloodborne, god of war, yakuza, horizon, red dead redemtion 2, try the uncharted series, and so on. Same with the Switch, i got it because it has games i wanted to play, lots of them.

Most of the games on xbox that i would like to play were also released for the ps4, or in some cases even the switch, so what would be the point of buying an xbone? Just for forza horizon? Seems like a waste of money to me. Maybe backward compatibility, but for that i already have the original consoles and if i wanted to play the games with improved visuals, maybe i should just wait to the next xbox, maybe it will have more exclusives that i care about.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
1. The Xbox One X Is The Most Powerful Console Available

me: i have a PC. how cute are XB1X owners thinking they have a powerful machine.

2. It’s The Only Console For Gears 5 And Halo Infinite

me: yeah, well i can play Gears 5 on PC and will be able to play Halo Infinite there too.

3. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Is A Great Deal

me: PC has gamepass.

4. Backward Compatibility Is Awesome

me: PC is the king of backwards compatibility. xbox one is second best sure but ain't no where near PC

5. Microsoft Has Acquired Some Excellent Studios

me: and those games will come to PC.

THERE IS ZERO REASON FOR ME TO EVER BUY AN XBOX CONSOLE AGAIN!!

thx MS <3 brb playing on my pc+ps4+switch =gamingmasterrace

Last edited:

Quasicat

Well there is no reason to buy either at that time in the game.

Just wait and buy the PS5 or Xbox One 2.

This is how I feel. I just picked up my first 4K tv and am still using my Xbox One S and PS4 slim. They look fine with HDR for now. Next year, I’m picking up both next gen consoles for the 4K quality.

demigod

me: i have a PC. how cute are XB1X owners thinking they have a powerful machine.

me: yeah, well i can play Gears 5 on PC and will be able to play Halo Infinite there too.

me: PC is the king of backwards compatibility. xbox one is second best sure but ain't no where near PC

You missed a point with #3. You don't need to pay for Live.

The title clearly speaks of PS4 PRO... doeas not compare with the PC world.
Wait till I reread...... yes they say so. :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I really don't know why this is surprising to anyone. I never attack anyone personally, I attack the arguments...….. I like to hear all sides and I read and listen to all arguments, I don't throw a tantrum when something is said against Sony, I look at the arguments made and if there is merit in a counter-argument I make it...

Now before anyone twists things......I did say to you that I didn't particularly agree with the arguments from the Forbes article, but I'm not hiding away, running, refusing to read and throw a hissy fit by just reading a thread topic...….In my opinion, I think the arguments made by
Mr kain from Forbes is kinda familiar, its the same points XBOX fans have been making for a while now, so its no perspective unbeknownst to us or something fresh, where we could say, "Hey I didn't think about that before", that's true......

So to his points...

-Truth is, being more powerful has not done anything for XBONEX, PRO's sell more because of the games. Being more powerful has never decide a generation or sold more consoles

-Gears is not what it used to be, neither is Halo, they've lost their soul from the original creators. I think MS should concentrate on some new IP's. I think the same way the writer spoke of Infinite is the same way many fans and media people saw 5, a return to form....and of course the results and reception says something different. I'm not sure we have seen an iota of gameplay yet, but even then, the truth is that the mojo of these franchises is gone, so sales continue to taper off with each new entry.

-I'm currently on Gamepass Ultimate, but to tell you the truth I only did so for Gears 5, because I like TPS or third person games.....I've browsed through many of the titles and I'm really not enthused. Quite a few of the titles I have on PC and bought it cheap. Tbh, I'd rather buy SLT, ORI etc... for $5 on Steam and the rest of the games, I have no interest in, and the bigger ones I've bought. I have all the ultimate versions of Forza already, Gears 4, Gears 1 Remake......I have K.I, Sunset Overdrive etc on Steam.....I think right now the biggest pull for gamepass is to play MS's AAA games cheaply on Day 1, you save $59 to buy exclusives elsewhere...I'm not sure that's a success story for MS though, because it means Sony and Nintendo is getting more of the gamer's cash...….

-Backward Compatibilty is ok, but people need new games, that's what fires up a generation......Tbh, I'd rather play a remake of an older game...Like I did Gears 1 reamke....If they remade Gears 2+3+Judgment or remade Ninja Gaiden and Otogi series, I'd be there day 1......I'd prefer that tbh and most people do.. MS just never has a clue....Look at how Crash and Spyro is selling...….GTA enhanced from last gen is still breaking all types of records......The downside to MS's BC is that most of the games are stuck at 30fps and lower with little to visual improvements that you would find in remasters/remakes....

-All I'm saying about the studios is that they need to prove themselves before we use them as a success story. Rare was more impressive than all of these studios combined before the purchase, and look at Rare now.....Besides most of these Studios are AA studios, so which of these is going to give MS a new IP on the level of Halo or Gear in their hey day?

Personally, I think MS should wipe the slate clean and go bonkers on new franchises, one or two might stick and become popular or innovative....They have nto been able to advance their current bug franchises like other houses can.....

Very well argued post.....

I think perhaps MS is using Forbes as a marketing machine. Perhaps the contributors are onboard to make some well needed cash. The way this Forbes contributor formatted his article, looks like he went on some gaming forums, maybe Reset, got all the positive arguments and summed it up in one post. He didn't bring in new points, It didn't even sound like this is how he really felt to tbh....Yet, its his opinion and I'm willing to give him the benefit of some doubt instead of none....

Good point, though I think racing games can make a resurgence next gen...…...No racing game should be 30fps next gen.....Physics, AI, lighting and immersion will bring a level of authenticity we've never seen in racers before.....

I'm gonna respond when I get home from work. Just too much to read in between clients at work.

Multi-Edits:
Agreed.

Disagree. Gears 5 is the best iteration of the series. I do agreee in that I did not like Halo 4 or 5 (4 was better than 5 though). I hold my verdict until Infinite which is not looking good with the shake up at 343.

I think right now the biggest pull for gamepass is to play MS's AAA games cheaply on Day 1, you save $59 to buy exclusives elsewhere...I'm not sure that's a success story for MS though, because it means Sony and Nintendo is getting more of the gamer's cash...….
Yes and no. Microsoft wants you to get these games on Gamepass. For people to be doing this at the rate they are constitutes as a success if you're strictly looking at their goals. Monetarily of course it doesn't look great on paper now. However, this is an investment. Like all investments, it takes time to determine whether it pays off or not. For you to say it already isn't is premature I fear may be a direct result of your affinity for Sony.

All I'm saying about the studios is that they need to prove themselves before we use them as a success story. Rare was more impressive than all of these studios combined before the purchase, and look at Rare now.....Besides most of these Studios are AA studios, so which of these is going to give MS a new IP on the level of Halo or Gear in their hey day?
I don't think anyone's calling the new studios a success story yet. I think it's a win that Microsoft has acquired them because they desperately need more first party games and new IPs. Just like with Sony, Insomniac is a win...but it doesn't automatically mean their next game will be a blockbuster hit. I will say they are more proven overall than some of the smaller studios Microsoft has acquired...but I would put Insomniac on the same level as Playground and maybe even Ninja Theory. Hellblade was amazing.

Personally, I think MS should wipe the slate clean and go bonkers on new franchises, one or two might stick and become popular or innovative....They have not been able to advance their current bug franchises like other houses can.....
This would be the fastest way for Microsoft to kill themselves. You can't just zip up beloved franchises and start fresh. You have to maintain those and still innovate on other fronts. That's why they bought the new studios. Its why they started The Initiative. They have to do both.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I'm gonna respond when I get home from work. Just too much to read in between clients at work.
Can you ask that poster (NX gamer in disguise, yes i'm sticking my neck out lol) when they are going to do the performance analysis on the game Control Xbox X v Ps4 Pro.

Last edited:

Pidull

As someone who was a major PS3 apologist/fan last gen and hater of the 360 (and Xbox brand in general), I am in love with my Xbox One X.

Disclaimer - I have not been PC gaming for a while now because I prefer my couch and the cost of setting up a wired streaming connection to my TV AND building a new gaming PC is too high to feel like it's worth the cost. My system is from 2011 and the monitor is from 2007.

I originally bought the Xbox One so I could have the whole Halo series and I hated that machine with a passion. Unfortunately the base unit is a piece of shit and I feel bad for anyone who has one. The broken mess of the Halo Collection made it so that every time I noticed my OG Xbox One I became furious.

Upgrading to the One X was a hard choice because I was DONE with the Xbox brand, even after getting a One X I don't intend to ever own another Xbox. That stated, upgrading was the best decision I could have ever made. I use the backwards compatibility a lot, and the X enhanced games make it so that it isn't too bad playing games with superior PC versions. I get all of the great multiplatform titles on my One X, and have exchanged several PS4 copies for XO copies.

I barely touch my PS4 except for the rare exclusive first party title. I have been sorely disappointed with Sony's first parties compared to the superb years of the PS3, although they tend to look amazing, the quantity and variety just isn't there.

Tl;Dr - I can get behind the XOX being a great console and the best option. That said, if you can do PC, it is better than an XOX.

Next gen I will probably switch to PC and Nintendo only due to disappointment with first parties other than Nintendo, along with refusing to pay for bullshit online services.

Last edited:

Journey

Banned
As someone who was a major PS3 apologist/fan last gen and hater of the 360 (and Xbox brand in general), I am in love with my Xbox One X.

Disclaimer - I have not been PC gaming for a while now because I prefer my couch and the cost of setting up a wired streaming connection to my TV AND building a new gaming PC is too high to feel like it's worth the cost. My system is from 2011 and the monitor is from 2007.

I originally bought the Xbox One so I could have the whole Halo series and I hated that machine with a passion. Unfortunately the base unit is a piece of shit and I feel bad for anyone who has one. The broken mess of the Halo Collection made it so that every time I noticed my OG Xbox One I became furious.

Upgrading to the One X was a hard choice because I was DONE with the Xbox brand, even after getting a One X I don't intend to ever own another Xbox. That stated, upgrading was the best decision I could have ever made. I use the backwards compatibility a lot, the X enhanced games make it so that it isn't too bad playing games with superior PC versions. I get all of the great multiplatform titles on my One X, and have exchanged several PS4 copies for XO copies.

I barely touch my PS4 except for the rare exclusive first party title. I have been sorely disappointed with Sony's first parties compared to the superb years of the PS3, although they tend to look amazing, the quantity and variety just isn't there.

Tl;Dr - I can get behind the XOX being a great console and the best option. That said, if you can do PC, it is better than an XOX.

Next gen I will probably switch to PC and Nintendo only due to disappointment with first parties other than Nintendo, along with refusing to pay for bullshit online services.

GTFOH, we don't want to hear such opinions about XOX, can you please let us go back to trashing it?

Kidding

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
False. Ori is not available yet :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Also, you can't play it at 4K HDR like on X1X either and boy does it look glorious, can even start imagining the rest of the downgrades. But we'll try what we can do avoid an Xbox at all costs, cause that's what we must do, band together as hardcore Xbox haters and find reasons NOT to buy one instead lol.

Wait, original Ori has HDR on Xbone? I still need to play that game, and I've got it on both my Xbone X and PC... I'll play the Xbone version if it's actually better.

Shifty

1. It sure is, shame about the lack of compelling exclusives.

2. Sure, if you're into Gears and Halo.

3. Meh. Hard pass on subscription services.

4. My OG Xbox and 360 already have that covered. 350 quid is a high price for Ninja Gaiden in 4K.

5. PROMISES PROMISES. They're probably all working on new stuff for Scarlett.

Last edited:

Roberts

I don't want to repeat myself too much about the subject, but one more time won't hurt. Even though I have owned most of consoles, all three generations of xbox were my main consoles. Controller has something to do with it and the more you play, the bigger your library gets. Considering I barely ever played on Ps3 I decided to skip Sony's console this gen until last year when my curiosity got better of me - I really wanted to try some of Sony's big exclusives. So I bought Pro, played a few games. Some of them I loved like God of War, some of them were disappointments like HZD, but that is beside the point. Important thing is that I spent maybe 150 or 200 hours on these games. (for comparison: last year I spent 600 hours playing games on Xbox). I'm glad I got Ps4, but after I was done with their exclusives, there was just no reason to turn it on anymore, because otherwise Ps4 just doesn't compare to XOX.

In ideal world we all own both consoles so we can finally put these threads to rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woo-Fu

Banned
The best reason to buy an xbox one x is "all my friends are on Xbox." On the other hand, maybe it is time to make some new friends.

Gargus

Banned
1 more power doesn't mean better games.

2 sure but ps4 is also the only play to play uncharted, last of us, horizon zero dawn, God of war, spiderman, Detroit become human, days gone, bloodborne, last guardian, until dawn, etc.

3 to some yes, but not to me personally.

4 I didn't buy an xbox one to play xbox 360 games. I bought an xbox one to play xbox one games. So I dont care. And it's also limited, not every game works on it.

5 so, Sony owns a lot of developers also. But the problem also exists of just about all of the microsoft exclusive games are on PC also. Like cuphead, I play it on the pc because I dont feel like unboxing my xbox system from storage that I put in there because I never used it.

Really microsoft needs to become a developer of games and do a sega. Stay away from hardware and just make games.

BigLee74

Article title....

5 reasons to buy an Xbox One X instead of a PS4 Pro

Quickly followed by 100 posts on PC.

Reading comprehension, poor.
Mod control for derailed threads, poor.
Standard anti-MS salt levels, high. 😂

Amusement level, through the roof!

Top Bottom