• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50 GOP Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation’s Security ‘at Risk’

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
CpXuJHBWAAEEx7e.jpg:large

Eusis

Even with all this shit against him, aren't we just one terrorist attack away from him winning? Or have we passed that point in the way that too many people think his judgement will make things worse?
He probably would shoot himself in the foot. I don't recall the Orlando shooting helping his numbers.

Even with all this shit against him, aren't we just one terrorist attack away from him winning? Or have we passed that point in the way that too many people think his judgement will make things worse?
If he was a real politician who knew how to twist fear perfectly to his benefit then maybe. However, he's not and if an attack happened and it was ISIS or even just a non-white person he'd probably just boil over with racist shit. He'd start ranting about Muslims and sharia law and maybe even bring up the Khan's again because he's convinced they are helping ISIS or some dumb shit.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This whole election is why we need to change the way things work. There shouldn't just be two candidates in the final phase. Everyone should still be running. Cut out the need to be rich in order to run and livestream debates/rallies on the internet. Use technology.
Adding more candidates to the election will only result in more people being dissatisfied that the guy chosen was not the one they voted for. Pluralities are why first past the post systems always end up with only two parties.

darscot

That's not a bad response actually from the Trump side.

Your standards have to be fallen so low when childish name calling like Crooked Hillary is acceptable anywhere beyond an elementary school yard. Even in the school yard there is active campaigns and education teaching children it's wrong.

TopDreg

That's a good response by the Trump campaign. Good enough to persuade some people to not vote moderate R in downballot races.

I like that Crooked has now been formally capitalised. Dude likes his MGS clearly.

Also you want a country not run by a ruling family dynasty? Isn't that like the Trumps by definition.

- J - D -

If we hadn't a whole 6+ months of knowing better, I'd actually feel quite strongly (positively) about Trump's response here.

Dryk

It's an America first vision that stands up to foreign dictators instead of taking money from them, seeks peace over war, rebuilds our military, and makes other countries pay their fair share for their protection.
This is all over the place. Military buildup and overthrowing dictators but also peace?

MJPIA

Donald B. Ayer
Former Deputy Attorney General

John B. Bellinger III
Former Legal Adviser to the Department of State; former Legal Adviser to the National Security Council, The White House

Robert Blackwill
Former Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Planning, The White House

Michael Chertoff
Former Secretary of Homeland Security; former Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division, Department of Justice

Eliot A. Cohen
Former Counselor of the Department of State

Eric Edelman
Former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy; former National Security Advisor to the Vice President, The White House

Gary Edson
Former Deputy National Security Advisor, The White House

Richard Falkenrath
Former Deputy Homeland Security Advisor, The White House

Peter Feaver
Former Senior Director for Strategic Planning, National Security Council, The White House

Richard Fontaine
Former Associate Director for Near East Affairs, National Security Council, The White House

Jendayi Frazer
Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for African Affairs; former Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs

Aaron Friedberg
Former Deputy National Security Advisor to the Vice President, The White House
David Gordon

Former Director of Policy Planning, Department of State
Michael Green
Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Asia, National Security Council, The White House

Brian Gunderson
Former Chief of Staff, Department of State

Paul Haenle
Former Director for China and Taiwan, National Security Council, The White House

Michael Hayden
Former Director, Central Intelligence Agency; former Director, National Security Agency

Carla A. Hills
Former U.S. Trade Representative

John Hillen
Former Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs

William Inboden
Former Senior Director for Strategic Planning, National Security Council, The White House

Reuben Jeffery III
Former Under Secretary of State for Economic Energy and Agricultural Affairs; former Special Assistant to the President for International Economic Affairs, National Security Council, The White House

James Jeffrey
Former Deputy National Security Advisor, The White House

Ted Kassinger
Former Deputy Secretary of Commerce

David Kramer
Former Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor

James Langdon
Former Chairman, President’s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, The White House

Peter Lichtenbaum
Former Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Export Administration

Mary Beth Long
Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs

Clay Lowery
Former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for International Affairs; former Director for International Finance, National Security Council, The White House

Robert McCallum
Former Associate Attorney General; former Ambassador to Australia

Richard Miles
Former Director for North America, National Security Council, The White House

Andrew Natsios
Former Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development

John Negroponte
Former Director of National Intelligence; former Deputy Secretary of State; former Deputy National Security Advisor

Meghan O’Sullivan
Former Deputy National Security Advisor for Iraq and Afghanistan

Dan Price
Former Deputy National Security Advisor

Tom Ridge
Former Secretary of Homeland Security; former Assistant to the President for Homeland Security, The White House; former Governor of Pennsylvania

Nicholas Rostow
Former Legal Adviser to the National Security Council, The White House

Kori Schake
Former Director for Defense Strategy, National Security Council, The White House

Kristen Silverberg
Former Assistant Secretary of State for International Organizations

Stephen Slick
Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Intelligence Programs, National Security Council, The White House

Shirin R. Tahir-Kheli
Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Democracy, Human Rights and International Operations, National Security Council, The White House; former Ambassador and Senior Advisor for Women’s Empowerment, Department of State

William H. Taft IV
Former Deputy Secretary of Defense; former Ambassador to NATO

Larry D. Thompson
Former Deputy Attorney General

William Tobey
Former Deputy Administrator, National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Energy; former Director for Counter- Proliferation Strategy, National Security Council, The White House

John Veroneau
Former Deputy U.S. Trade Representative

Kenneth Wainstein
Former Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, The White House; former Assistant Attorney General for National Security, Department of Justice

Matthew Waxman
Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense; former Director for Contingency Planning and International Justice, National Security Council, The White House

Dov Zakheim
Former Under Secretary of Defense

Roger Zakheim
Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense

Philip Zelikow
Former Counselor of the Department of State

Robert Zoellick
Former U.S. Trade Representative; former Deputy Secretary of State
Yes clearly these guys are all at fault for everything and all of them are here for the gravy train and don't want it to end.
Just like all the other R's denouncing Trump.

Also today I learned US president William Howard Taft's great grandson is in politics still, his name?
William Howard Taft IV.
His son's name?
William Howard Taft V
Bill the fifth needs to shake things up a bit if he ever has kids.

Balphon

Yes clearly these guys are all at fault for everything and all of them are here for the gravy train and don't want it to end.
Just like all the other R's denouncing Trump.

Also today I learned US president William Howard Taft's great grandson is in politics still, his name?
William Howard Taft IV.
His son's name?
William Howard Taft V
Bill the fifth needs to shake things up a bit if he ever has kids.

The Taft family is a political dynasty. President Taft's son Robert A. Taft was one of if not the most prominent conservative Republicans in Washington for decades.

Another of President Taft's great-grandsons was a 2-term Governor of Ohio in the 2000's. I bet you already have an inkling as to what his name is.
Robert A. Taft III.

MJPIA

The Taft family is a political dynasty. President Taft's son Robert A. Taft was one of if not the most prominent conservative Republicans in Washington for decades.

Another of President Taft's great-grandsons was a 2-term Governor of Ohio in the 2000's. I bet you already have an inkling as to what his name is.
Robert A. Taft III.

I was curious enough to look at their family tree and jeez family gathering's must've been fun.
Spice things up a bit guys.
George Bush, William Clinton, Robert & William Taft, I guess some families like sticking with certain names.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Think about this, these men watched George W. Bush's reckless cowboy act for 8 years and they say Trump is much worse.
These same men probably think there was nothing wrong with things under Bush. Hell some of them probably sat shotgun on the Bush Express.

Knox

These same men probably think there was nothing wrong with things under Bush. Hell some of them probably sat shotgun on the Bush Express.

Things could go really off the rails with Trump, but yeah, it's not like these guys were doing that great of a job. Trump is good at finding the things people are angry about (often rightfully) and using that anger without offering a better solution.

Bush's dad was head of the CIA. Dubya was an idiot, but he was security insider royalty. And unlike Trump, he was easily influenced and led by others. These guys are terrified he'll never listen to anyone who actually knows what they're talking about.

Forkball

They are just RINOs amirite

More like CUCKservatives.

Which, sadly, brings me to my point. The Trump diehards don't see this as a biting indictment, but as a badge of honor. They see the GOP old guard as failures whose blunders resulted in the Islamapocalypse led by Obama. Trump's GOP is almost a third party in a sense.

I'd take this letter more seriously if it didn't include that needless jab at the end about Americans having serious doubts about Hillary Clinton. Party loyalists to the end.

Deku Tree

What do the right wing cheerleaders like Rush and Sean Hannity say about the massive exodus of GOP supporters from Trump?

As hard as I try I just can't read this in Trump's voice.

I expect that's why it's a written response: Trump can't speak normally long enough to read this.

Not a bad response, though, at least by Trump campaign standards. I'd say it's a bit over the top, though. I mean, they don't support him, so now they're responsible for everything bad in the world. Until yesterday, Hillary was solely responsible (oh, and Obama), now suddenly she's in cahoots with a bunch of Republicans.

We'll obviously never see a "I respectfully disagree" from Trump. It's all or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom