• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

500 hours of Bubsy 3D. FIVE HUNDRED UNITED STATES HOURS.

cryptic

Odrion said:
So this is what Aspergers actually is like.

I mean, it has to make sense. Look at his mannerisms and his odd obsessions. Look at the comment in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcVLJVYluwg

"New record! XD"
"New record? For what? Fastest speed of movement (I've been to 4000, and I have a video here showing 2400, almost 4 times faster than this, all going straight up))? Shortest time for this level? Could you explain?"

That's totally "the inability to pick up social expressions such as sarcasm" sign of Aspergers. Makes you self-diagnosed dudes look like sissies.

Who here pretends to have Asperger's and why?

EDIT: Has anyone downloaded the demos for th games he's making on his site(I think there are demos)?

Formless said:
If he weren't such a hermit he'd probably do good working with a team.
It seems like he'd be awesome at QA/testing but I have a feeling he'd only do it if the game interested him, which is a problem.

im sorry, i cant help but laugh, not in ridiculing way, but more in a, lol, this guy is interesting.

i love this guys voice...it makes the videos so much better. the ones where he doesnt talk (like the sonic one) just isnt as interesting..

lol @ the making of the making of his videos.

nope. i have a far milder version of his affliction -- i have the fear of mirrors and the gematria obsession, in particular, and i have a predilection toward ascribing numeric probabilities to activities in my life. it was some strange admixture of empathy and a bizarre need to grok his systems -- i shudder to call them "appealing," but they were -- that kept me reading. now i am wholly mad!

Koojay

starchild excalibur said:
Why the fuck did i just watch 4 and a half minutes of this.

It's been a few hours since I have watched this, and I am still trying to answer that question for myself.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
If a guys said "I finally got to the 500 hour mark in Bubsy 3D" and described his age as "21.94 years old" I don't know what the fuck I would do. This is the kind of thing that might finally make me go over the edge for good.

He keeps bragging about his math skills that are average. :lol

sky

What's with that kee-razy windows color scheme, too.
Fascinating stuff. This guy should be in QA...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think he just makes up a bunch of garbage and thinks it into reality, or maybe it's fake.

If he hadn't played the sonic games until 2003 on Gamecube, why were his imaginary friends named after the sonic characters(backwards) back in 1990? The original Sonic The Hedgehog come out in June 23, 1991, yet he says he got his first imaginary friend "Cinos"(Sonic backwards) on January 28, 1990? "Silat"(tails spelled backwards) came to him Jan 31, 1990, even though tails wasn't introduced into sonic games until #2, which came out November 24, 1992.

A lot of his posts are full of more of this bullshit, where he makes up some inane detail that no one would remember or care about, in order to sound very intelligent. I have a friend that tries to do this all the time, and I call him on his bullshit every time I can prove him wrong.

He claims that he's never died in most video games he's ever played, unless it was intentional. He claims he's a math whiz because he can multiply all multiples of 10 between 10 and 100 in 15 minutes. It's a bunch of bullshit. Maybe he used to be really smart as a kid, but so did everybody.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Timedog said:
If a guys said "I finally got to the 500 hour mark in Bubsy 3D" and described his age as "21.94 years old" I don't know what the fuck I would do. This is the kind of thing that might finally make me go over the edge for good.

He keeps bragging about his math skills that are average. :lol

Exactly. His claim to fame is being able to multiply two digit numbers in his head within 20 minutes. 20 MINUTES!?!!

Before I go looking for a link, is this the guy who showers and leaves the house only once every two weeks in order to save on the water bill because he enjoys taking 30 minute showers but couldn't afford to have one every day?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Son of Godzilla said:
Before I go looking for a link, is this the guy who showers and leaves the house only once every two weeks in order to save on the water bill because he enjoys taking 30 minute showers but couldn't afford to have one every day?

Bingo.

GavinGT

Banned
Timedog said:
I think he just makes up a bunch of garbage and thinks it into reality, or maybe it's fake.

If he hadn't played the sonic games until 2003 on Gamecube, why were his imaginary friends named after the sonic characters(backwards) back in 1990? The original Sonic The Hedgehog come out in June 23, 1991, yet he says he got his first imaginary friend "Cinos"(Sonic backwards) on January 28, 1990? "Silat"(tails spelled backwards) came to him Jan 31, 1990, even though tails wasn't introduced into sonic games until #2, which came out November 24, 1992.

A lot of his posts are full of more of this bullshit, where he makes up some inane detail that no one would remember or care about, in order to sound very intelligent. I have a friend that tries to do this all the time, and I call him on his bullshit every time I can prove him wrong.

He claims that he's never died in most video games he's ever played, unless it was intentional. He claims he's a math whiz because he can multiply all multiples of 10 between 10 and 100 in 15 minutes. It's a bunch of bullshit. Maybe he used to be really smart as a kid, but so did everybody.

You're probably right, but he's still a piece of work. Seems to me like he doesn't know how to connect with people, so he makes boisterous claims in order to at least put himself out there.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Chipopo said:
so, so true. I really miss that feeling in todays games. Hard to really put my finger on why it was so appealing. Shadow of the Empire Colossus is another great example of this type of atmosphere.
Fixed.
Also, ICO.

OutLawSuit said:
It seems like he'd be awesome at QA/testing but I have a feeling he'd only do it if the game interested him, which is a problem.

At my QA department there is actually a guy with asperger starting today, I'll keep you guys posted. It's going to be a very interesting time.

I think the single most fascinating thing for me (and it's a tiny thing in the scheme of how he thinks) is how difficult he finds it to 'know what to do' in a story-based game like Final Fantasy. He loves levelling/the battle systems, but is at a loss as to how to progress the story.

sk3tch

straydog1980 said:
your avatar makes me want to listen to Guns N Roses...

britnay2sw3.jpg

Do it, baby.

DeBurgo

sk3tch said:
Ulillillia come back....come....baaack....
he's still around, he's just uploading videos. He's just finished a fully narrated ultima 3 walkthrough and is currently working on FFT stuff.

It's only a matter of time now until he discovers Nippon Ichi games and we never hear from him again. Those games are practically tailor-made for someone like him.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Someone give him Animal Crossing.

PS: If he does in fact receive Animal Crossing from someone, I am not responsible for when it inevitably kills him.

I'm pretty skeptical of the guy, and I'm more bleeding heart than most. i don't think he has Asberger's, he even refers to his condition HIMSELF as OCD.

http://friends.portalofevil.com/sp.php?pi=1000415671

And in keeping with Timedogs unified theory of Ullillillia, it does seem like he's bullshitting a whole lot and arbitrarily throwing around numbers that no one would ever gauge or remember as hard data.

Not quite ready to crown him the once and future Nerdlinger.

Top Bottom