• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

500 MS Points and Gamepictures for GTA4 X Box 360 Preorder

ripper

http://www.consolewars.eu/news/19724/gtaiv_kostenlose_punkte_und_spielerbilder_fuer_vorbesteller/

GTAIV: Kostenlose Punkte und Spielerbilder für vorbesteller

Dienstag, 11. März 2008 @ 14:36
Kampf um die Gunst der Kunden hat begonnen

Der Release-Tag von einem der meist erwarteten Titel dieser Generation rückt immer näher, und der Kampf um den Kunden ist schon lange am laufen. Microsoft will jetzt weitere Spieler für sich gewinnen, indem sie einige Extras für Käufer der Xbox 360 Version von GTAIV bereit stellen.

So erhalten Fans die das Spiel vorbestellen jeweils zwei Codes die sie bei Xbox Live einlösen können, ein mal 500 Microsoft Punkte, sowie einige Spielerbilder zu GTAIV.

Aus der offiziellen Mitteilung:

Zitat:

Ihr seid immer noch nicht davon überzeugt? Gut, dann wollen wir euch verraten, warum das Vorbestellen eine mehr als gute Idee ist. Abgesehen davon, dass ihr zu den ersten Personen gehört, die GTA IV spielen können, schenken wir euch auch 500 Microsoft Points, sodass ihr diese gleich bei Erscheinen der Zusatzmissionen auf dem Xbox LIVE-Marktplatz benutzen könnt. Zudem erhaltet ihr spezielle Codes, um exklusive GTA IV-Spielerbilder zu laden.

http://www.xbox.com/de-DE/news-features/news/GTA-pre-order-news-10032008.htm

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Same offer with GAME in the UK. It begins...

Although I like Ubisoft's recent promotion of giving you £5 off EndWar if you pre-order Vegas 2. :lol

Goldrusher

English...

If 2007 was the best ever year for games – and the Xbox 360, specifically – just you wait until you see what’s in store for 2008. Indeed, we have treasures galore, for sure, and possibly none more exciting than Rockstar’s forthcoming blockbuster, Grand Theft Auto IV.

We’re guessing that the drip-fed supply of screenshots, occasional gameplay trailers and tantalising storyline descriptions have already whetted your appetite for this gritty tale of life on the mean streets of Liberty City, right? Doubtless all this talk about EXCLUSIVE downloadable extra ‘episodes’ has had you patting yourself on the back that you made the right choice of console too. Hey, welcome to the club! So are you going to be waiting in line to pick up a copy of the game when it launches on April 29th?

We doubt you’ll be alone on the day. But why stand in a queue, shivering in the Spring rain, when there’s a very real chance that your favourite retailer has already sold out to super-keen customers who’ve been camping on the pavement all night or, crucially, who have done the sensible thing and pre-ordered their copy? Can you tell where we’re going with this yet…?

Set aside the obvious benefit of guaranteeing that you get the game from Day One, how does the thought of effectively being paid to pre-order grab you? We’re not joking – pre-order the game through select retailers and you’ll receive a bonus 500 Microsoft Points absolutely FREE – save them up for those downloadable episodes we were talking about earlier. You’ll also receive codes to download exclusive GTAIV Gamerpics too.

It’s a no-brainer, which ever way you look at it. Or, more appropriately, (adopts gruff gangster-style accent) it’s an offer you can’t refuse. See big game retailers near you for more information soon.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
HixxSAFC said:
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/GTA-pre-order-news-10032008.htm

Gah, Shopto aren't doing it :(

Guess I'll swap my preorder to Game, then.
Uhh...
If 2007 was the best ever year for games – and the Xbox 360, specifically – just you wait until you see what’s in store for 2008. Indeed, we have treasures galore, for sure, and possibly none more exciting than Rockstar’s forthcoming blockbuster, Grand Theft Auto IV.

We’re guessing that the drip-fed supply of screenshots, occasional gameplay trailers and tantalising storyline descriptions have already whetted your appetite for this gritty tale of life on the mean streets of Liberty City, right? Doubtless all this talk about EXCLUSIVE downloadable extra ‘episodes’ has had you patting yourself on the back that you made the right choice of console too. Hey, welcome to the club! So are you going to be waiting in line to pick up a copy of the game when it launches on April 29th?

We doubt you’ll be alone on the day. But why stand in a queue, shivering in the Spring rain, when there’s a very real chance that your favourite retailer has already sold out to super-keen customers who’ve been camping on the pavement all night or, crucially, who have done the sensible thing and pre-ordered their copy? Can you tell where we’re going with this yet…?

OMG, from the english page on Xbox.com:

A GTAIV offer you won't want to refuse...

GTA IV

Hvis man nu ser bort fra den åbenbare fordel i at være sikker på at få spillet fra dag ét, hvad siger du så til i realiteten at blive betalt for at forudbestille? Det er ikke gas – forudbestil spillet hos udvalgte forhandlere, og du modtager en bonus på 500 Microsoft-point absolut GRATIS – spar dem op til de der ekstra episoder, vi fortalte om før. Du får også koder, som du kan bruge til at hente eksklusive GTAIV-gamer-billeder.

Uanset hvordan man ser på det, er der egentlig ikke noget at spekulere over. Eller, mere passende, (anlægger dyb, gangsteragtig accent) det er et tilbud, du ikke kan afslå. Flere oplysninger finder du inden længe hos større spilforhandlere i nærheden.

:lol

TheExodu5

Banned
Oh wow...a gamerpic! SO GENEROUS! Good thing I can save $2 on a friggin avatar!

NeoGAF needs to start charging for users changing their avatars. MS has this right.

h3ro

TheExodu5 said:

NeoGAF needs to start charging for users changing their avatars. MS has this right.

:lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
TheExodu5 said:

Read the translation. You get:

Game preordered guaranteed.
Free gamerpics.
500 MS Points to apply to anything you wish.

I like how people ignore the 500 points (which is enough to buy a Live Arcade game) just to have a go at free gamerpics.
It's extremely sad.

Prine

Banned
justjohn said:
free gamerpics? well sony it was nice knowing ya!

You cry an awful lot in 360 threads.

I usually pre-order my games online through play.com, but im gonna go with GAME this time. Will place my pre-order tonight in kingston

GTA 4 backed by MS advertising is going to immense. Looking foward to the adverts

Dina

TheExodu5 said:

Way to highlight one bullet point and leave out two others.

Stinkles said:
Read the translation. You get:

Game preordered guaranteed.
Free gamerpics.
500 MS Points to apply to anything you wish.

Stop reading the entire article and jump on the bandwagon of tears.

So are they offering all these things for every single pre-order made in Europe, or just at participating retailers?

I noticed last weekend that GAME no longer seemed to be advertising 500pts/gamerpics for pre-ordering, although Gamestation had their promotion pre-order boxes still up.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Niiiiiiice...

They've already had pre-order kits with the DVD and such for GTAIV, so I guess this will even add on to this as well - I think it's time for me to pre-order!

I remember reading that the push Microsoft was going to put behind GTAIV was going to be huge, and damn, it's pretty damn hard already - price drop + this is quite the incentive...

TheExodu5 said:

You've got to be kidding me.

Can you even read? And believe me, I tried my best to say this in the "nicest" way possible...

To top it off, it looks like your scent brought in a few more like you as well...

Free 500 points for the DLC, free gamerpic, GTAIV guaranteed, and you STILL got people trying to be snide about it...

Never change guys, really.

NekoFever

I moved my order over to Game when I saw this. Same price as everywhere else, but you get 500 MS points, the Gamerpics, and the usual double reward points (£2 worth, I think) for preordering. Not a bad deal at all.

Plus Gameplay fucked me around too much with Halo 3. I don't trust them to get this to me on day one.

And wow at people who can't won't read.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
justjohn said:
free gamerpics? well sony it was nice knowing ya!

Seriously, do people's brains only allow them to read things that won't hurt their feelings? It even says it in the fucking thread title. 500 MS Points AND...

Carry on though, your tears taste like chocolate cake.

Aurora

Is this only available through GAME's website, or can I do it at the store too?

I've never had a game arrive on release day after having preordered online. I'm not risking being the only one not playing GTA for 500 MS points.

UK Folks!

Don't forget quidco if you are ordering through Game/Gamestation website! Even more money back in your pocket. (GAME offer 11% back, although payment speed is slow)

If it included a year of Gold instead of 500 points then that would get me to switch my pre-order. Right now it's the online portion that's keeping me on the PS3 side of GTA.

edit: Oh, this deal isn't for North America?

_leech_ said:
If it included a year of Gold instead of 500 points then that would get me to switch my pre-order. Right now it's the online portion that's keeping me on the PS3 side of GTA.

edit: Oh, this deal isn't for North America?

Ya think?

Aurora

_leech_ said:
Right now it's the online portion that's keeping me on the PS3 side of GTA.
What? Unless I've been sleeping under a rock for the past year, it's the 360 that has all the DLC.

Aurora said:
Is this only available through GAME's website, or can I do it at the store too?

I've never had a game arrive on release day after having preordered online. I'm not risking being the only one not playing GTA for 500 MS points.

I find Game (and Gameplay) to be very reliable at getting games on my doorstep on the morning of release. Amazon though, not so much.
Reading the PR there, it doesn't mention it being an online only thing. To be sure, best thing to do is give your local store a phone, or maybe a Game employee here on GAF could help...

Top Bottom